Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 7 October 2017, 13:27
Been There Done That

Smile Just cause I am bored......

So you are getting dropped off on a deserted tropical island for a year (with a case of johnyy walker, a years supply of MREs, and your choice of a Cambodian, Russian, or Colombian lady and the complete works of Clive Cussler and Ayn Rand to keep you company )

You get your choice of two firearms, and only two. What do you take? 100 round of ammo for each. And why for your choices?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 7 October 2017, 14:16
Authorized Personnel

Why would I need a firearm on a deserted island?
Old 7 October 2017, 14:17
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
So you are getting dropped off on a deserted tropical island for a year (with a case of johnyy walker, a years supply of MREs, and your choice of a Cambodian, Russian, or Colombian lady and the complete works of Clive Cussler and Ayn Rand to keep you company )

You get your choice of two firearms, and only two. What do you take? 100 round of ammo for each. And why for your choices?
1. Blue Label
2. Russian
3. Ayn Rand (Already read a bunch of Dirk Pitt)
4. G19
5. .243 Win. Remington 700 Stainless.

I can cover 90% of my needs with those two calibers. That, and I love 6mm's. To answer Gray Rhyno's question, I don't want to climb to get Coconuts.

Support SOCNET.
Old 7 October 2017, 14:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
I don't want to climb to get Coconuts.
Isn't that why you brought the Russian lady?

Old 7 October 2017, 14:31
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Isn't that why you brought the Russian lady?

I bow before thee.

Support SOCNET.
Old 7 October 2017, 14:49
Been There Done That

A case of Glock 17s, a year's supply of Russian ladies, the complete works of Johnny Walker, and a Clive Cussler book...the Cussler book cuz you said nothing about shit paper, the rest is self-expanatory. Won't be needing the MREs.
Old 7 October 2017, 15:15
Authorized Personnel

As I no longer drink,

As my gut will not accept MRE,

Wife of 47 years will accompany, something about cutting my dick off...,

Short term memory loss, no joy in reading,

Firearm #1, Bug assalt model #2, for the skeeters.

Firearm #2, if the place is deserted, no need for the extra weight and I have a wife that is Polish.

Now... I'll trade the MRE's, books and young lady for; being picked up 51 weeks early, I get bored easily too, I had three years on Oki.
Old 7 October 2017, 15:39
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:

Only scenario I can see is defense, with someone else showing up during your year. Maybe a boatload.

M79 40mm GL with 20 rds red star parachute, (distress and illum that doesn't trash your night vision) 20 rds of Raytheons Pike laser guided 40mm munition, 50 rds of HEDP, 5rds of CS and 5 rds of the 00 buck. Anti boat/boat people while offering other capability as well.

H&K G3k with welded on rail for modern sighting options, (ACOG) trigger job and 21E MG stock/buffer installed, bipod and a shorty can. Locking piece replaced for use with can. 100 rds of AP in steel mags. Maximum range and penetration in something that can still be used closer up. Tough and reliable with maximum effect for my 100 rds.

If the GL falls outside the rules, I'll take a Barrett M107A1 with suppressor/scope/rangefinder package and a 100 rds of Mk211 ammo loaded up in mags. Anti-boat/boat people.

Establish a position on the high ground and wait 365 for pickup. Have pickup establish radio contact before approaching island.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 7 October 2017, 16:23
Sub Rosa

Quote:

How big is the deserted tropical island? If it's less than 100 square miles then I'll select the Cambodian or Russian lady because I'll want a little peace and quiet for a change...Colombianas are HIGH maintenance! As far as firearms, I'll take a Remington 870 12-gauge with 50 rounds of #6 shot and 50 rounds of slugs and finally my Glock 23.
Old 7 October 2017, 16:33
Genetically Deplorable

A larger caliber for potential hunting or protection from wildlife or pirates. Small caliber with only one bullet for when I've had enough of the woman, or I want to just end it myself! Maybe .380.
Old 7 October 2017, 18:23
Confirmed User

G20 and a Remington 870 with slugs, 00, birdshot, and few flares.

The 870 can take care of pretty much all of my hunting/defense/signaling needs.

The G20 is for protection against the Polar Bears roaming The Island....
Old 7 October 2017, 18:51
Another pool cleaner

.357 revolver and lever action rifle. #100 rounds of .357 and #100 of .38 special. Sand is a bitch on moving parts.

One for meat. The other to defend the meat.

Lions grew longer claws and sharper fangs...to fend off other lions.

Assume plenty of reeds and timber for fish traps, spear, fire, etc.
Old 7 October 2017, 18:56
Been There Done That

I am going with a Steyr scout in .308 and a Les Baer 1911, just because and would make Col. Cooper happy.

Stick with a village Khmer girl, cause they look best in sarongs. and if run out of ammo she knows how to use a sling shot and frog gig.

If anything serious happens, I am calling in bobofthedesert from his nearby island!

Old 7 October 2017, 20:36
Been There Done That

You guys are so dumb. I will take the other 2 women in lieu of firearms and fish.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 7 October 2017, 20:36
Über Equus Asinus

Rem 870 with 100 rounds of 7 1/2 shot (small game, birds, etc.)

Marlin Guide Gun .45-70... 100 rounds of 350gr solids.. will take down any large game on the planet.. and solids wont do horrible damage to deer/pig sized game..

2 Cambodian girls duct taped together are about the size of a Russian broad and wont eat much.. so Ill take the 2 for 1 deal there..
Old 7 October 2017, 21:17
Authorized Personnel

I'm going to take two G26s, both hidden, for when the Russian bitch turns traitor on me.
Old 8 October 2017, 08:31
Midgetologist

Spas-12
Bren ten
Columbian woman.
Don't drink so I'll take a FAL in lieu of booze.
Old 8 October 2017, 09:21
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

40mm Bofors pom-pom for anti-air and anti-boat purposes with 199 rounds of ammo.
If that fails to repel boarders, a single W75 500kt warhead to make them wish they would have left me alone.
I'll just take my wife, because I'm too old to bother with the drama of breaking in a new woman.
I'm not a big Cussler fan, so I would either take a Bible or the collected works of Ogden Nash.
I'm not a drinker, so I'll swap the alcohol for snacks.
If I had to eat MREs all year, I'd probably use the nuke on myself.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 8 October 2017, 10:44

If we're allowing a loose def of 'firearm':

Rail-style speargun, 20 shafts.
Leaves 180 rounds, divided 75:25 between pistol-cal and heavy stoppers for a Marlin .45-70 (good call, mdwest).

DaveP
Old 8 October 2017, 11:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
40mm Bofors pom-pom for anti-air and anti-boat purposes with 199 rounds of ammo.
If that fails to repel boarders, a single W75 500kt warhead to make them wish they would have left me alone.
I'll just take my wife, because I'm too old to bother with the drama of breaking in a new woman.
I'm not a big Cussler fan, so I would either take a Bible or the collected works of Ogden Nash.
I'm not a drinker, so I'll swap the alcohol for snacks.
If I had to eat MREs all year, I'd probably use the nuke on myself.
Damn!!!

Our new posting rules