Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 11 October 2017, 19:07
Scoundrel

Thumbs down Boy Scouts accepting girls

Anyone know how to resign a National Eagle Scout Association lifetime membership?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...-scout-n809836

It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really. -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 11 October 2017, 19:11
On the Razor's Edge

What could possibly go wrong?
Old 11 October 2017, 19:21
Been There Done That

Mud wrestling and jello shooters?
Old 11 October 2017, 19:32
Been There Done That

The GS are really pissed.
Whats going to happen when a little girl becomes WEBLO?
Shit is going to change.....
Old 11 October 2017, 20:00
Confronting the Reckoning

Personally, I think this is the final nail in the coffin of the Girl Scouts, who fought tooth and nail at the beginning in the 1910s to exist independent of the Boy Scouts (and use the name 'scout') and have their own similar outdoors experience (rather than be absorbed into other girl groups that were more focused in hearth and home). They went off the rails and are dead. Too bad for them. At least the Boy Scouts are still alive, though nowhere their levels that they were in the 1920s (when 1 in 8 boys in the U.S. was an active Boy Scout).
Old 11 October 2017, 20:20
Reverse Apache Master

Somebody's got to cook and clean during those weekend camping trips.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 11 October 2017, 22:03
Confirmed User

This is an awful idea.

And they're going to be able to earn Eagle, too. WTF.
Old 11 October 2017, 22:16

RIP BSA.
Old 11 October 2017, 22:16
Confirmed User

Hahahaha.........get this.......IT WAS A UNANIMOUS VOTE. Not a single cock sucking shitbag there voted against it. First they let the gays in.....then come the females. And presto ---- your org is completely destroyed.

Hmmmmmm, where have I heard that formula before????
Old 11 October 2017, 22:21
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

The Girl Scouts have spent the last two decades morphing into an activist organization training the next generation of lesbian extremists along the lines of something out of The World According to Garp. If girls want to do scouting stuff without the politics/gender indoctrination/ideological purity tests, there's only one other scouting group. If the Boy Scouts are so afraid of lawsuits or public ridicule that they will cast every other rule and standard aside, letting girls in really isn't that big of an extra step. Both organizations had their day in the sun, but are currently living off their past reputations while their leadership throw traditions and principles out the window. Then again, maybe they are just following the example of West Point.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 11 October 2017, 22:26
Renuo Victima Esse

I'm glad to see that the BSA has now bowed down to the wishes of NOW!

Way to go guys...good to see you fight-the-good-fight!

Now there's another group I have to quit supporting.
Old 11 October 2017, 22:37
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Someone has to make the sammaches.

Seriously, it is a sad state of affairs. Might just as well open it up to trans kids too, as well as the pedophile scout masters.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 11 October 2017, 23:05
Been There Done That

I don't even get why they feel the need to do this- where I live the Y-Guides hold sway, where dads form "tribes" with their daughters (as I did with both mine) and take them out camping and whatnot. Its so popular in NC that many boys have come over into the program.

I don't know any families that have their girls in Girl Scouts or would even in their wildest dreams want them in Boy Scouts.
22 Aug 17
Old 11 October 2017, 23:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopp700 View Post
The GS are really pissed.
Whats going to happen when a little girl becomes WEBLO?
Shit is going to change.....
Until I read that Stopp. I refrained from mentioning about being kicked out of the Cub Scouts cause I got got caught eating a Brownie during bivoauc
Old 11 October 2017, 23:56
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
Someone has to make the sammaches.

Seriously, it is a sad state of affairs. Might just as well open it up to trans kids too, as well as the pedophile scout masters.
Don't you worry... I'm sure that's coming as soon as the next far left administration and societal mindset happen. They've already laid the ground for the pedophiles and the trannies.

What a sad fucking day.
Old 11 October 2017, 23:58
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Anyone know how to resign a National Eagle Scout Association lifetime membership-
They have life membership? I only got the 5 year one.

I think it's a bad idea. They've had co-ed Explorers/Venture Crews for decades. I've not been involved for a couple of years but my guess is the Southern Baptist group that split off has made a dent.

Which I think was a good thing.

Maas
Old 11 October 2017, 23:59
Sound off for equipment check!

The decomposition of traditions and customs of our Republic continues unabated. Shameful...
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 12 October 2017, 00:03
Life is simple, not easy.

Girl Scouts should up their game and teach girls what you said was important. Girls do deserve a program of rigor. Who said they couldn’t?

Boy Scouts are down numbers? So? This is suddenly about economics?

Women in this country should just boycott this measure and make Girl Scouts better than Boy Scouts!

Well maybe “let’s join a club that defines where we could reach, too ” is your gameplan in lieu of taking it to another level.

Women are better than this. Come on now.

Women have just taught their girls that mentoring isn’t important, joining is better since we can’t beat them.

Men are so much better at everything we need to teach girls to follow how boys do things since they won’t teach us. Don’t worry about fighting for equality girls, consider this a gift. Of course this generation has learned how to be thankful for a gift.

It would never be appreciated and the girls and boys would take advantage of the lack of leadership from adults.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 12 October 2017, 00:24
Amatuer TerrorAstrologist

It's damn near impossible to teach boys anything with girls of the same age within a half a mile. Fucking dumb.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician
Old 12 October 2017, 00:32
#BlackRiflesMatter

MF! ...now I'm gonna get strong armed by little kids selling Boy Scout cookies outside Safeway too? Fukkit, I'm contacting the 'smores cartel directly and negotiating a bulk shipment to cut out this middleman BS once and for all.

Our new posting rules