Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 October 2017, 01:03
Confirmed User

I wonder what the new, gender neutral name will be and how long it will be before they make the change?
Old 12 October 2017, 01:30
Been ***** **** That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
I wonder what the new, gender neutral name will be and how long it will be before they make the change?
They will have to change the name immediately, I mean California will jail everyone in the organization for not asking what its members proper pronouns are. You cant just assume, its racist and against the law!

There are two kinds of people in this world,
the smart and lazy, and the stupid and industrious. Be wary of the stupid and industrious, they will fuck something up every time.
Old 12 October 2017, 03:11
Make a desert and call it peace.

Boy Scouts is dead, find something else. Something local, and therefore more resistant to subversion from afar. I can suggest maybe joining a smallbore or highpower rifle club. Most states have a junior program. I know Illinois used to have an awesome program, it was a backlash to Chitcago/Cook County's overt tyranny. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 12 October 2017, 04:34
Authorized Personnel

All this just means more cookies.

I watch the world falling into holes it can't get back out of.

While I was a scout, I learned a lot more outdoors/useful information from a couple of Uncles in Indiana's countryside.
Old 12 October 2017, 04:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Girl Scouts should up their game and teach girls what you said was important. Girls do deserve a program of rigor. Who said they couldnít?

Boy Scouts are down numbers? So? This is suddenly about economics?

Women in this country should just boycott this measure and make Girl Scouts better than Boy Scouts!

Well maybe ďletís join a club that defines where we could reach, too Ē is your gameplan in lieu of taking it to another level.

Women are better than this. Come on now.

Women have just taught their girls that mentoring isnít important, joining is better since we canít beat them.

Men are so much better at everything we need to teach girls to follow how boys do things since they wonít teach us. Donít worry about fighting for equality girls, consider this a gift. Of course this generation has learned how to be thankful for a gift.

It would never be appreciated and the girls and boys would take advantage of the lack of leadership from adults.
Why down numbers? Because of compromising on the gay issue for one. Also many troops tend to be soft these days - not the same outdoor oriented adventure focus most had when I was in 35 years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12 October 2017, 07:25
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Somebody's got to cook and clean during those weekend camping trips.
Hahahaha!
Old 12 October 2017, 08:44
Confirmed User

Just wait for the first overnight camping trip. I was "dismissed" from my first camping event when they thought an 11 y/o should not be drinking beer (long story).

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880
Old 12 October 2017, 09:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Why down numbers? Because of compromising on the gay issue for one. Also many troops tend to be soft these days - not the same outdoor oriented adventure focus most had when I was in 35 years ago.
To some degree, I think BSA has recognized this and is starting to make some changes. The Cub scout program was changed last year to give it more of an adventure focus (as much as you can do with elementary school kids). My oldest is a Webelos 2, so they're required to visit 3 BSA troops. All of the troops we've visited have said they are an outdoor-focused troop and don't spend much time doing inside arts and crafts type stuff. The boys want to be outside, camping and learning stuff, so that's what they're doing.

Then again, most of the troop adult leadership are either .mil or have a pretty good outdoor background themselves. The troop my son will likely join puts the onus on the Scouts to run their troop meetings and plan/execute their camp outs. If the boys have a problem, they're expected to figure it out themselves before coming over to the adult campsite to ask for help. But, the prep part is all on them. Forgot your raingear and it's forecast to rain all weekend? Well, you're gonna be miserable, or learn to improvise.

I've been pretty impressed with the troops around us. We'll see how it plays out once he bridges over.
Old 12 October 2017, 10:35
Holy Diver

Besides the obvious "caving to the left" reasons, there is a financial component that I guarantee drove them to this. The Mormon/ LDS church, far and away their largest source of revenue, bowed out this year.
Old 12 October 2017, 10:35
Confirmed User

The boy scouts have made poor choices in the past few years and you combine that with the fact that kids just donít go outside and play much with video games and social media. We live in a burb with tons of families. It is a running joke with me and my wife if we see kids outside playing itís like seeing a white buffalo. We call the news stations, take pictures, notify the government.
Old 12 October 2017, 10:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
Besides the obvious "caving to the left" reasons, there is a financial component that I guarantee drove them to this. The Mormon/ LDS church, far and away their largest source of revenue, bowed out this year.
Agreed. I'm sure "The Church" wanted nothing to do with Gays in the organization. The same Church that didn't want Black men to hold their Priesthood.

I'm saddened the BSA has caved to the continued assault on the American Male.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 12 October 2017, 11:28
Confirmed User

I quit as a Webelo many moons ago. I was interested in outdoor shit and other things. I went to a BSA summer camp one year, with archery and other cool activities. Probably one of the highlights of my very young life. However, the local 'pack' I was a member of was lame. Hell, I still remember the 'final straw' for young dirtydog was when we all went to "volunteer" to clean up around the local school. Picking up needles and other filth and putting them into trashbags was not my idea of a good time. Civic responsibility only went to so far. That, and coupled with the fact that we didn't really do anything fun, made me beg my parents to get out. When I told them about the needle clean up service, they pretty much agreed.

Commies and other leftists always take a two-pronged "pincer attack" to their subversion. From the top-down and from the bottom-up. They'll infiltrate both to put pressure to squeeze out the middle "majority". This isn't some revelation, it's been known for over 50 years this is how they operate. It sometimes takes a LONG time to accomplish, but eventually through sheer dogged tenacity and the strategy of always always always be on the offensive, they succeed. Every single time.

To combine those two concepts, if you have local BSA troops filled with SJWs ("pack" leaders, scoutmasters, and the parents of the children if not the actual children themselves), who scream and piss and moan and talk about nothing but "the current year" BS all the time......and other local troops either not willing to combat their bullshit (media is complicit in helping the SJW teams amplify their voices through their multi-billion $$$$ propaganda network), or instilling pride and the historical values of the boy scout organization ---- then eventually all the subverters have to do is keep bitching and crying until the BSA leadership is compromised and caves to their demands in spectacular fashion. Like the Lake Bonneville flood. And as the left changes the political demographics of the nation, as we have seen just now ---- It's only a matter of time before some libshit got into a position (or ALL the positions, as demonstrated by the BSA unanimous vote) to sabotage and destroy the entire organization. And now another historical organization dedicated to helping boys acquire the skills to become men is a hollowed-out shell of what it used to be. A pathetic abomination that only serves to be a mockery of what it used to be. A living symbol of the triumph of the left.

Reminds me of when Caesar captured Vercingetorix and carried him to Rome as a trophy. Only to strangle him in front of a rabid mob of cheering Romans. A symbol of Caesar's supremacy and also Roman humiliation of the Gallic tribes.
Old 12 October 2017, 11:44
Authorized Personnel

I'll never be convinced otherwise that this world is doing its best to "neutralize" masculinity. Boys are no longer allowed to be boys. If they do anything that the establishment doesn't like while they are growing up - they are "zero-toleranced" out of school or put in suspension for defending themselves or others. They aren't allowed to be little boys anymore because they are medicated into zombies. BSA is now wanting girls in because they are broke. It's an organization based on values and honor and was supposed to mentor boys to be men. Not girls. Girls have their mentoring organizations. Before long, we will all be gender neutralized.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:17
Confirmed User

Feminism was always designed to be turned into a mechanism to turn everyone into disgusting gray matter lukewarm tapwater. Men cannot be men, and women cannot be women. Instead everyone has to be some disgusting 'middle of the road' creature. No Men. No Women. No mothers. No fathers. Only "parental units" or "sustenance providers".

Moving men to become more feminized and women to become more masculinized only results in the absolute perfect environment for tyrannical oligarchical control. No societal roles = no real family unit = no values or traditions = no expectations of anyone past that of a tax slave. Radical Egalitarianism has always been a communist 'virtue' since it's inception. To bring EVERYONE down to the level of the most absolute base unit. A world of disgusting socially and chemically-enforced mediocrity.

Sort of like that movie "The Giver". And "Equilibrium". Remember to take your emotional inhibitor pills, so that you'll be more accepting of migrants who are here to replace you and kill/rape your family members!
Old 12 October 2017, 12:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
Scouts America or Scouts US would be a safe bet.

Pretty much every other country's scouting movement has been co-ed forever and their names are similar, eg Scouts Canada, Scouts Mexico, etc.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:41
Confirmed User

Man it sure does suck that we're not every other country though. We're America. *eagle scream*
Old 12 October 2017, 12:53
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
They didn't quite bow out. They decided to discontinue sponsorship of the Varsity and Venturer/Explorer programs, which is the 14-18 age range. I've been told that they were planning on registering their 14-18 kids in Boy Scout troops, but I'm guessing this is the last nail in the church/BSA coffin, or at the very least it will really strain the relationship. They're probably still pissed that BSA held the vote on the gay scout thing in their absence. But like their views or not, they stand fast on certain moral issues, which is rare to find in any organization nowadays.

Girls have been allowed at the Explorer post level for a long time, but at the Boy Scout level it's just stupid.
Old 12 October 2017, 13:16
Holy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
They didn't quite bow out. They decided to discontinue sponsorship of the Varsity and Venturer/Explorer programs, which is the 14-18 age range. I've been told that they were planning on registering their 14-18 kids in Boy Scout troops, but I'm guessing this is the last nail in the church/BSA coffin, or at the very least it will really strain the relationship.
This is phase 1 of a total exit, IMO. 14-18 cannot be Boy Scouts as far as I know. Cubs through 13 yo Boy Scouts will still be chartered by the church but that is still a big chunk of change to lose Varsity/ Venturing charter $$ (although church will still support 14-18 year olds who want to finish their Eagle). I give it 4-5 more years before total exodus by the LDS church and likely total bankruptcy by the BSA. They're hurting. Good riddance.
Old 12 October 2017, 13:37

I should have known better than to interject into a FB discussion last night with an old neighbor in Atlanta. He's got 2 boys in the Scouts and from what I found out shortly after, a shit pile of Man Hating Lesbians on his friend list that also have Scouts......

My statement was very simple. I asked why can't Boys have their own things and that I personally felt that Boys need to learn to be Men from Men and that they learn other things from their Mothers that are also just as necessary in life. I also said that this is more about "Parents Agendas" than kids.

Holy Shit! You'd have thought that Hillary lost the election again....

Best line....You and "Your Kind" won't ever understand anything progressive and you just go die Mad........

My Response: Trump is still your President.

My neighbor emails me this morning and says that the Butch is a Co-worker of his and has lost her shit a couple of times today when getting into discussions about with him. He's ready to crawl under the desk...

hahahhahahha
Old 12 October 2017, 14:03
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Man it sure does suck that we're not every other country though. We're America. *eagle scream*
#moderationisforCanadians
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.9 KB, 79 views)

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO

Our new posting rules