Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 11 July 2003, 04:06
agentcg
Visitor

You know ive had a change of heart. Even though when it comes to movies i go more toward realism then action, but Ive realized i have been looking at this movie all wrong. Know that i understand the plot (yeah like its complicated) I say, "Bring Swat on!" It looks like it has cool effects. The swat officers look at least look like they have some realistic equiptment. So im just gonna enjoy this movie for what it is. Even if this movie is the biggest pile of shit in the world, im still gonna love it because it has "swat" guys and Michelle Rodriguez. :D
Old 13 July 2003, 06:29
Oppressor of the people

After studying several promotional photos and reviewing two different movie trailers, I've discoverd that the producers forgot to equip the actors with two very critial pieces of equipment...The SWAT Brick, and Da Turd.
:D
Old 14 July 2003, 22:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by dsumner
After studying several promotional photos and reviewing two different movie trailers, I've discoverd that the producers forgot to equip the actors with two very critial pieces of equipment...The SWAT Brick, and Da Turd.
:D
Damn...we miss out on a prime chance for some product placement.
Old 19 July 2003, 03:20
agentcg
Visitor

I saw some of the making of the film. They all went to swat school before the movie. I hope it shows.

I just recently saw "Phone Boothe" I was actually impressed with the way ESU (NY Swat) was portrade. No super-shoot-outs or anything. Just a well blased rubber ball round. :D
Old 8 August 2003, 22:56
agentcg
Visitor

Post Movie

Ok I just saw the movie... From an action movie stand point, it absolutely kicked ass! From a realistic stand point the tactics were shown half heartedly, and equiptment was sort of shown in a glamorous but proper way. Except LAPD Swat does not utalize the Body Bunker sheilds (and thats public info). There were some action scenes that were very over the top, and there were many references to the Hollywood shoot out, and also the greatest movie ever, "The French Connection". If your looking for a great action movie i strongly suggest you see it. If your looking for realism, then this might not be the movie for you.

By the way TXSWAT did you put on that demonstration for the theatre???

Last edited by agentcg; 8 August 2003 at 23:07.
Old 8 August 2003, 23:22
#AllLionsMatter

Re: Post Movie

Quote:
Originally posted by agentcg
Ok I just saw the movie... From an action movie stand point, it absolutely kicked ass! From a realistic stand point the tactics were shown half heartedly, and equiptment was sort of shown in a glamorous but proper way. Except LAPD Swat does not utalize the Body Bunker sheilds (and thats public info). There were some action scenes that were very over the top, and there were many references to the Hollywood shoot out, and also the greatest movie ever, "The French Connection". If your looking for a great action movie i strongly suggest you see it. If your looking for realism, then this might not be the movie for you.

By the way TXSWAT did you put on that demonstration for the theatre???
Where in the hell do you get your info from?

Get your ass off the computer and go outside and play!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 9 August 2003, 07:40
Authorized Personnel

It's SWAT, not Swat.
Old 9 August 2003, 13:56
agentcg
Visitor

Re: Re: Post Movie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
Where in the hell do you get your info from?
What do u mean?
Old 9 August 2003, 14:09
Metric: The Only Way To Go.

I do believe the good man would like to know what experience you base your comments re tactics and realisim on.
Old 9 August 2003, 14:30
agentcg
Visitor

O, well I have no expierience, but i have read many many books and scene many documentaries on the subject, and with a movie like this it doesn't take a veteran to see all of the errors. For example, theres a scene in which an EDP has barricaded himself in his house and with out even negotiating first they break down the wall with a fictional harpoon device.
Old 9 August 2003, 14:31
Confirmed User

Agent, considering your age you do have some exuse for ignorance on the topics on this board. However, having read some of the threads in which you have posted, one would've thought that you would have learned to think very carefully about your choice of words and the manner in which you say things. Guy has it right. There's no way you have any basis from which to compare movie tactics and real tactics. I understand your enthusiasm and appreciate the fact that all this interests you, but at your age you should just sit and read. An occasional question doesn't hurt but research it first then ask. From everything I've read on this board, these men offer alot of information and knowledge. It's hard to see that if you're trying to think of something to post instead of simply reading them. Just a lttle advice, you learn more from listening/reading than talking or posting.

DCSO
Old 9 August 2003, 14:33
#AllLionsMatter

Thumbs up Exactly what I said!

Quote:
What do u mean?
Where do you get your information from?

Especially pertaining to the techniques/tactics/equipment a SWAT officer may employ!

In order to pass judgment on the above mentioned movie and its "techniques/tactics/equipment". You would hope that the individual has some realistic knowledge in that field.

Profile For agentcg:

Date Registered: 12-11-2002
Total Posts: 54 (0.22 posts per day)
Last Post: 08-09-2003 01:56 PM "SWAT" the movie
Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle: agentcrg
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
Birthday: June 6, 1986
Credentials: NONE
Interests: Law-Enforcement/Military

These ladies and gentlemen do not need your input...especially from a kid who has yet to step foot into the field of LE!

There is a difference between "reality-vs.-movies".

Take care and stay out of trouble.: cool:

Old 9 August 2003, 14:35
Confirmed User

Agent you are a damn fine shot. Hit yourself in the foot everytime. There is a such thing as the harpoon device, and it works pretty much like you saw. Books are dangerous things. They provide information, but on a limited scale. Knowledge is useless without practical application and experience.

DCSO
Old 9 August 2003, 15:17
agentcg
Visitor

really? Well now i know a little more about SWAT teams. I was wrong. Thanks DCSO

And Guy ...

I never made who i was a secret, and i the whole "There is a difference between "reality-vs.-movies". That was originally my whole point for reviewing the movie.
Old 9 August 2003, 15:48
NOW WITH MORE MOLECULES!

You just missed another perfectly good opportunity to shut the fuck up...

Never fuck with a guy who wants to die in battle.
Old 9 August 2003, 15:49
Metric: The Only Way To Go.

Mate, I wouldnt argue. Please, no more bloodshed.
"He also had back up time to time from friends TC and Rick. Magnum would solve the case, then Rick and TC would help him kick the crap out of the criminals. Sometimes Selleck would get a little whiney, and those shorts were a little too short. Other than that, it was a great show."

-IMDB Comment on Magnum, PI.
Old 9 August 2003, 16:17
Confirmed User

Agent, the response you gave guy was in the form of a smart assed response. That is exactally what I was telling you to avoid. Bravo 1-3 seems to have a more elloquint way of putting it, and nailed it on the head.

DCSO
Old 9 August 2003, 16:54
#AllLionsMatter

Question Do your parents know...

Quote:
And Guy...

I never made who I was a secret, and I the whole "There is a difference between "reality-vs.-movies". That was originally my whole point for reviewing the movie.
Who in the world you are trying to communicate with?

Enjoy life while you are young and try to stay out of trouble.

This board is way out of your "realm of comprehension"...you will not understand what it takes to make it by reading books.

Just sit back and read the stories the LEO's tell you...that shit blows my mind!

Get my drift?

Take care.

Old 9 August 2003, 17:56
Swimming Upstream

NotanAgent:

What these gentlemen are telling you, yet you are not quite comprending, is that if you don't know (from experience) about SWAT tactics and methods, you only make yourself out to be a fool by critiquing (sp?) the tactical accuracy of the movie.

I have 2 years to retire from the military, I've a degree in CJ, have worked with law enforcment folks for the past 10 years and participated in the Seattle Goodwill games as a role player for the SWAT teams. But I am in no way qualified to give serious commentary to SWAT techniques or methods.

Does that help give you perspective?

I tried.....
Old 9 August 2003, 20:40
Confirmed User

No we didn't do the pony show. We (most the team) plan on seeing the MOVIE on Tuesday with our wives (what romantics we are). I need a good laugh and I can't wait for the dialogue:
Sam Jackson: "hand me my MP-5".
SWAT Pup: "which one is it, sir?"
Sam Jackson: "it's the one that says 'Bad Motherfucker' on it".

Well, I'm off to read more books about my job.

Our new posting rules