Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 5 September 2003, 17:47

George Bush the Baby

I thought this was a pretty good article that you wouldnt see in most Newspapers.

--------
Thursday, August 28, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq It's a fair bet that one Baghdad baby won't run into anybody else in Iraq with the same name.

An Iraqi couple has named their 6-week-old baby boy George Bush to show their appreciation for U.S. efforts to force Saddam Hussein out of power.

If the couple had had twin boys, the other baby would have been named Tony Blair ,because the father says both the U.S. and Britain liberated Iraq.

The boy's mom told the Associated Press Television News that all Iraqis hated Saddam's regime, and that President Bush saved the Iraqi people from Saddam.

As the woman did the interview, little George Bush screamed in his crib.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

_____
Old 5 September 2003, 18:01
Kid A
Visitor

full name George Bush Abdul Kader Faris Abed El-Hussein.

saw it in USA today.
Old 5 September 2003, 19:23
Super-Hero-In-Training

Quote:
George Bush Abdul Kader Faris Abed El-Hussein
Holy Shit! Imagine trying to write that name on your underwear.
but rather a lack of will."- Vince Lombardi
Old 5 September 2003, 19:42
Probationary User

18X giving his .02

Definately a good story to tell his grandchildren...
Old 6 September 2003, 03:05
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by SHYTE
Holy Shit! Imagine trying to write that name on your underwear.
Thanks SHYTE. That's a good laugh!:D
Old 6 September 2003, 03:39
War on Christmas veteran

Now there's a kid that's gonna get his ass kicked in the schoolyards in Iraq... "Thanks Dad!"
It was a nice gesture on the Dad's part but the kid's going to catch hell for it.
Old 6 September 2003, 13:40
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Bravo Five Romeo
Now there's a kid that's gonna get his ass kicked in the schoolyards in Iraq... "Thanks Dad!"
It was a nice gesture on the Dad's part but the kid's going to catch hell for it.
Yeah I agree with you....I mean I'd be embaressed too, to have the name:

Abdul Kader Faris Abed El-Hussein .....

Just think of the jokes...."Faris Hussein's Day Off"....Ohhhh the posiblities......:D
Old 7 September 2003, 18:22
jim_vedder
Visitor

Maybe its because I'm from canada...but i would never name my son george bush.....i bet it would really come as a surprise to that iraqi father if he knew bush's only reason for goin to iraq was for oil.
Old 7 September 2003, 18:32
Probationary User

ohh boy...
Old 7 September 2003, 18:41
Marine

Troll
"This is how it is when the war machine rolls back and forth. You take your pleasure where you can and when you can, and let the circumstances be damned. For tomorrow you may be somewhere else." - Cass

"I understand all of the words you used, but I don't know what you just said." - Gen. Hagee speaking to the MEU S-3
Old 7 September 2003, 18:51
My Heroes Wear Camouflage

Quote:
Originally posted by jim_vedder
Maybe its because I'm from canada...but i would never name my son george bush.....i bet it would really come as a surprise to that iraqi father if he knew bush's only reason for goin to iraq was for oil.
Wow now there is an original thought.

Sdiver where is my POPCORN and BEER?? :D:D
Old 7 September 2003, 18:52
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Admins, please delete this nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I welcome the chance to hear them and maybe learn something or teach the other side something. I believe in a good debate now and then but this guy clearly posted this here just to piss people off, not to debate. Please make his post and then this post go "poof."
Old 7 September 2003, 18:59
Mephistopheles
Visitor

Quote:
...kinda like your only reason for being here is to have a bunch of BTDTs stick their boots in your ass?
Old 8 September 2003, 09:16
PrincessPatriot
Visitor

Quote:
http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

Microwave set on 2 min. 35 seconds. Popcorn almost ready.
Old 8 September 2003, 09:18
PrincessPatriot
Visitor

Oh, and BTW..... I thought that was an AWESOME story! Thanks for posting that, BenD550! I definitely wouldn't be reading that in newspapers here.
Old 8 September 2003, 10:18
jim_vedder
Visitor

gone the wrong way to fast

I shouldnt of posted what i did in that particular thread. It wont happen again....I did not mean any disrespect to Americans. But I do stand by my opinion on George W Bush.

And as for the article, if the Iraqi father believes that, it was so honoured to name is son after the president, then more power to him everyone needs a hero, especially uncertain times.
Old 8 September 2003, 10:23
jim_vedder
Visitor

quick to judge????

Quote:
Originally posted by Bravo Five Romeo
Admins, please delete this nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I welcome the chance to hear them and maybe learn something or teach the other side something. I believe in a good debate now and then but this guy clearly posted this here just to piss people off, not to debate. Please make his post and then this post go "poof."
Hey man, just becasue someone says something that you might not agree with, you want to kick me out.....land of the free????
Old 8 September 2003, 10:37

Quote:
i bet it would really come as a surprise to that iraqi father if he knew bush's only reason for goin to iraq was for oil.
Go the fuck back to Canada, you fucking assclown and keep that bullshit to yourself.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about, asshat, and that kind of horseshit is going to get you bounced off this site faster than you know.
Old 8 September 2003, 10:46
jim_vedder
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulf Yankee
Go the fuck back to Canada, you fucking assclown and keep that bullshit to yourself.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about, asshat, and that kind of horseshit is going to get you bounced off this site faster than you know.
Jesus, calm down, your gonna give yourself a stroke or something.

Theres no need of that shit....I'm just lookin for a healthy debate not a fuckin brawl
Old 8 September 2003, 10:49
Tourist

Re: quick to judge????

Quote:
Hey man, just becasue someone says something that you might not agree with, you want to kick me out.....land of the free????
Watch who you call "man"... Eddie Vedder is calling, he wants his policy stance back.

Our new posting rules