Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 8 September 2003, 10:52
jim_vedder
Visitor

clever

eddie vedder, thats half of it. Can you guess where Jim comes from?
Old 8 September 2003, 10:54
Tourist

Jim Jones. Would you like one cube or two with your Kool-Aid?
Old 8 September 2003, 11:02
Kid A
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by jim_vedder
Maybe its because I'm from canada...but i would never name my son george bush.....i bet it would really come as a surprise to that iraqi father if he knew bush's only reason for goin to iraq was for oil.
You're getting bitch slapped, mainly, because you throw up a loaded statement without any backing up of it. If you truly believe that the -only- reason was for oil, then present your case, if not, then you deserve to get smacked.

You aren't "debating." You're trolling - in other words, throwing up a statement meant to incite, not to provoke conversation.

Not saying that you'll get a debate on whether it was for oil, and partially it -was- for oil. The entire reason we give a shit about the ME and intervene in the area is because they have oil, otherwise we'd just sit back and watch them kill themselves, but there are reasons for Iraq, whether you believe them or not.

Show WHY you think it was for oil and only for oil, bub, and you may get a response.
Old 8 September 2003, 11:03
SOCNET Girl

Thumbs down

Quote:
bush's only reason for goin to iraq was for oil.
Hey, it's Mr. George W. Bush to you, buster!

He is The President of the United States. Who the hell are you?

(sorry admins, have not had my morning coffee yet)

Holly
Old 8 September 2003, 11:26

Quote:
Theres no need of that shit....I'm just lookin for a healthy debate not a fuckin brawl
You come on this board, talking shit about our President and then make a provocative and inflammatory statement like you did, and now you have the gall to lecture me about my reaction?

Who the fuck do you think you are?
Old 8 September 2003, 11:46
AngelsSix
Visitor

Here We GO Again....Weeeeeee!!!

I got some beer, even brought some non-alcholic beverages for the non-drunk, er, I mean drinkers.......and some wine for you ladies.

Let me get a window open.......seems a little stuffy in here!!!:D
Old 8 September 2003, 11:53
SOCNET Girl

Re: Here We GO Again....Weeeeeee!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelsSix
I got some beer, even brought some non-alcholic beverages for the non-drunk, er, I mean drinkers.......and some wine for you ladies.

Let me get a window open.......seems a little stuffy in here!!!:D
"Ahhh, Nothing like the smell of Napalm in the Morning!" :D

Good Morning AngelsSix. :)

Holly
Old 8 September 2003, 12:02

Sorry, Ladies...no sex before a fight :D
Old 8 September 2003, 13:23
Authorized Personnel

Re: clever

Quote:
eddie vedder, thats half of it. Can you guess where Jim comes from?
Is he the guy who's balls were on your chin last night? Just a guess.
Old 8 September 2003, 13:42
Old Fart

Thumbs down jim_vedder

I can tell yo are form Canada and problably of French ancestory. Your knowledge of the facts are so overwhelmingly inaccurate that it is diffucult to have an itelligent debate with you. Debating liberal catch phrases and sound bites, egardless how untrue, is a waste of time. The liberal depends upon ignorant jackasses as your self to get the catch phrases and sound bites repeated enough to give them the air of authanticity.

When the catch phrase or sound bite is examined the liberal goes screaming about fairness and anger management while again obscuring the truth. That truth being most are too stupid to know what the truth is even when it hits them between the eyes. You want a bebate? Then try forming it it in a question instead of a stupid assed statement that offends and has been repeated by every ignorant dumbassed liberal in the countries of Canada, France and Germany.

And yes, in your ignorance you have stepped on our toes, spit on our flag, and insulted our Commander in Chief. For your transgressions you can kiss my ass.

The real problem is that ignorance is curable with knowledge, you are stupid and stupid is forever!

Rick B

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not sticking it up your ass."

"Experience is what you get right after you need it."

both authors "unknown"
Old 8 September 2003, 14:03
Confirmed User

jim_vedder - re: your profile

Interests: watersports

Does that mean you like to be pee'd on?
Old 8 September 2003, 14:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Jesus, calm down, your gonna give yourself a stroke or something.

Theres no need of that shit....I'm just lookin for a healthy debate not a fuckin brawl
The debate has been done. You should try the search button before you speak.

First rule in writing... know thy audience. This is not a social board. If you want to debate politics, then you better well be able to back it up AND be able to take it when others disagree with you. However, I doubt that you will find many takers here to support the position that Bush initiated Iraqi Freedom for the sole purpose of stealing oil.

Then again maybe I see your point. I guess that is why the US is spending 10's of billions of dollars reconstructing in Iraq. We are just biding our time, spending a shit load of money to throw suspicion off of our true money grubbing, capitalist intent, and when no one is looking, we are going to run a pipe line into Iraq and siphon oil! Damned sneaky Americans! *Sarcasm button in full freaking effect*

Personally, I think Gulf Yankee and NewportBarGuy will chew you up in a political debate, but hey what would I know... NOT like I read the threads or anything. I do appreciate you posting your inflammatory, meaningless rhetoric. I needed a little Monday afternoon humor to get me through Power Point presentation from Hell!

BTW, have a coke and a smile.
Old 8 September 2003, 14:50
jim_vedder
Visitor

it seems we all got off to a bad start

first off Jim Morrison. secondly, no one had their balls on my chin last night. Thirdly maybe I should try in back up my shit a little better......and I agree with the person who said that the cure to ignorance is knowledge, but stupid is just stupid. I really couldnt agree with that more.

I know there are many who will disagree, but I'll say it anyway, I may not be the wisest, but rest assured I am neither ignorant nor stupid....

so being who I am, and continuosly being in a search for wisdom answer me this whats "Mr." George Bush's plan for North Korea?

And just out of curiosity how do the people in this forum feel about all the anti war believers in the states?

Oh yea, I'm not a French decendent....for whoever said that....
Old 8 September 2003, 14:52
jim_vedder
Visitor

Re: jim_vedder - re: your profile

Quote:
Originally posted by Soot
Interests: watersports

Does that mean you like to be pee'd on?
No not that kind of watersports...Watersports as in diving and water skiing
Old 8 September 2003, 15:00
Kid A
Visitor

Re: it seems we all got off to a bad start

Quote:
[B]
so being who I am, and continuosly being in a search for wisdom answer me this whats "Mr." George Bush's plan for North Korea?
It probably isn't as strong a plan as many would like. Is Pres. Bush playing hardball with Iraq and softball with N. Korea? IMO yes. But I personally believe N.Korea is much more unstable than Iraq and launching an attack is likely to result with hell-fire being reigned on S. Korea.

Is he treating both countries with differing policies? Yep. Frustrating isn't it? That's politics.

Quote:

And just out of curiosity how do the people in this forum feel about all the anti war believers in the states?
They have a right to believe, think, say, and protest what they want. As long as they aren't aiding and abetting terrorist organizations (and let's not lump their "rhetoric" into the aiding and abetting category) then they can do what they want when they want, where they want, as long as they abide by the law.

The following sentiment appeared in The Star on May 7, 1918.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

President Roosevelt

Criticism of the President and his policies is part of being an American. Anyone who tells me "love it or leave it" can fuck off. We're an "Experiment" in Democracy. We're forever changing, for the good and the bad, and to withhold criticism is the worst mistake one can make because it is criticism that can bring about change for the good.

However, you aren't criticizing. You're throwing out statements that you aren't backing up.

You'd have a stronger argument saying that the Iraq war was fought so that Halliburton could reap billions in rewards as a thanks for their support for the Bush campaign.

You'll have a lot of people disagreeing with you, but it would be easier to back that up than it is to back up "it's for oil."

Not that I believe we went to war for Oil or Halliburton.
Old 8 September 2003, 15:01
Confirmed User

OK, so maybe you don't like being pee'd on. I don't believe you but, whatever. Anyhow it's pretty apparent to me from the fact that you still haven't backed up or explained your first dumb fuck assertation about the war for oil and yet have the balls/stupidity to ask this:

Quote:
whats "Mr." George Bush's plan for North Korea?
that you certainly love to be shit on.

You're a dick.
Old 8 September 2003, 15:09
Confirmed User

Re: it seems we all got off to a bad start

Quote:
This may come as a surprise to you, but the President does not deem it necessary to fax me dossiers on his foreign policy plans. Even if I was in a position to know such things, I wouldn't post it on a public BB.

Or did you mean to ask what we as Americans would like to see President Bush do in North Korea? In wich case....

Try this thread

Quote:
Do you have a learning disability?
READ

I need more coffee... too much inner bitch today.

Take care.
Old 8 September 2003, 15:11

Re: Re: it seems we all got off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid A
Is he treating both countries with differing policies? Yep. Frustrating isn't it? That's politics.
One has developed nuclear weapons, the other was in the process of developing them.

One has a declared nuclear power as an ally, the other doesn't.

Completely different situations, calling for different approaches.

Perhaps if we hadn't sent Carter to "negotiate" that deal in whcih the NKs "agreed' to cease their weapons development and instead took a harder line with them, they would have learned that sabre rattling and extortion do not work with the US.
Old 8 September 2003, 15:15
Kid A
Visitor

Re: Re: Re: it seems we all got off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulf Yankee
One has developed nuclear weapons, the other was in the process of developing them.

One has a declared nuclear power as an ally, the other doesn't.

Completely different situations, calling for different approaches.

Perhaps if we hadn't sent Carter to "negotiate" that deal in whcih the NKs "agreed' to cease their weapons development and instead took a harder line with them, they would have learned that sabre rattling and extortion do not work with the US.
I know you're loathe to admit it, GY, but we're agreeing on this. You went into more detail, but we agree that they're being dealt different hands, for very good reasons.
Old 8 September 2003, 15:20
jim_vedder
Visitor

what is this a forum full of 15 year olds?

while i sit back and laugh at you people for getting your dicks tied in knots overthis.....i can admit when I was wrong....and although I maybe taking a bit of it out of context, Bush's own words were "dont hurt the oil".

And yes, it is good to hear that the american government is putting so much money back into Iraq...and I honestly hope that it goes how its meant to and that country gains some stability.

HOw long is there gonna need to be an american presence in Iraq? A year? 10 years? indefintly?

Our new posting rules