Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 29 November 2003, 18:22
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *Welcomes Self To SOCNET*

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoplite11B
Every choice you make in life has its consequences down the line. From the most insignificant thing such as insulting someone at a party to a bad move like this comes back to the surface a few years down the road. I am not much older than you but I have been around long enough to see this happen. This decision you are making to drop out of school is one of the bad ones that will only make things harder for you later on in life.
The choice is not a final one. I can always go back and get a high school diploma.

I know what you are saying, I was really against getting a GED my whole high school career, but I felt I had to do it.

I wouldn't have done it if the 15 credits at college didn't make me a Tier 1.

The thing with success and money, I'm not joining the military for any other reason other then to serve, I really don't care about money, I never really have as its always played a small role in my life. The military will pay me enough to get by, that is all I care about. The only reason I have a job right now is so I can pay for my college classes, etc. I'm going to rate my success in life a different way.

EDIT: And don't take that "enough to get by" quote out of context...I know its coming...
  #42  
Old 29 November 2003, 18:34
Doogie320 Doogie320 is offline
Going back
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 3,530
Now I see why the eagle is crying.
__________________
- I personally have never killed anyone, but I have read some obituaries with pleasure.

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
  #43  
Old 29 November 2003, 18:36
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie320
Now I see why the eagle is crying.
I didn't know what to have my name be on here, I don't have to many aliases, so I took the name of the song I was listening to by Iced Earth. Its a new song, its about 9-11. Very good stuff.

The whole CD, The Glorious Burden, is pretty much a tribute to American History. Very patriotic/pro-troops.

http://lordloan.free.fr/IMAGES/special/gb.jpg Very intense cover.

It's not out yet, but if you guys like classic metal, I say pick it up in January :)

There's a song called Greenface, you guys will love it
  #44  
Old 29 November 2003, 18:45
MarcWarren MarcWarren is offline
Deceive Inveigle Obfuscate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alea Jacta Est
Posts: 18
Quote:
http://lordloan.free.fr/IMAGES/special/gb.jpg
Just a thought: If you think that France betrayed the US, why do you browse french websites?

BTW: heed the advice of the last three pages.Those guys are BTDTs in the profession that you are trying to join. Learn from their experience. Finish your high school. Get your diploma. Shortcuts never benefited much in the long run....Also, enough comebacks. Take the time to read before you decide to answer every single one.
  #45  
Old 29 November 2003, 18:49
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcWarren
Just a thought. If you think that France betrayed the US, why do you browse french websites?

BTW: heed the advice of the last three pages.Those guys are BTDTs in the profession that you are trying to join. Learn from their experience. Finish your high school. Get your diploma. Shortcuts never benefited much in the long run....Also, enough comebacks. Take the time to read before you decide to answer every single one.
First of all, blaming the french people for what their government does is rather stupid. Second of all, I didn't browse the site, I went to google and entered "Iced Earth Glorious Burden Cover" and that site came up, so I went to it to find a high res. version of the cover.

Whoa, you know what's funny, you just shut me the hell down. I start responding before I finish the full reply. Sorry about that, weird...I address things in sentences as oppose to the whole thing...*has been taught today*

I know I have the maturity of a 16 year old (or hell maybe even less as far as you guys think) but the only way you mature is by getting slammed by the more mature guys :D or something

I don't know how I'd go about finishing my high school diploma, I'll look into it though :)
  #46  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:05
FDC FDC is offline
Probationary User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LLMF
Posts: 13
Quote:
Recruiters are known to tell you anything to get you into the service, which I think is rather silly. I've found my experience with recruiters at my school to be a negative experience, not one of them even knew what USNSCC was...
Kid,
From an Army recruiter's standpoint....you're not even worth my time. All I would do is hand you some cards, brochures, and ask you for QUALIFIED refferals.
1. you're 16---won't turn 17 until July.
2. You suck at high school, all you had to do is ask your guidance counselor for assistance.
3. you don't have a GED, and you're too young to get one. In most states you have to be 17, and out of school for at least 1 semester to apply for GED classes. Then again, most Juvenile offender programs offer GEDs.
4. In the time it takes you to become eligible, most kids will have gotten that extra law violation that puts you over the edge.

I could go on, but I've used up too much space on the Naval forum.

Go back to school. They'll still take you.
  #47  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:13
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by FDC
Kid,
From an Army recruiter's standpoint....you're not even worth my time. All I would do is hand you some cards, brochures, and ask you for QUALIFIED refferals.
1. you're 16---won't turn 17 until July.
2. You suck at high school, all you had to do is ask your guidance counselor for assistance.
3. you don't have a GED, and you're too young to get one. In most states you have to be 17, and out of school for at least 1 semester to apply for GED classes. Then again, most Juvenile offender programs offer GEDs.
4. In the time it takes you to become eligible, most kids will have gotten that extra law violation that puts you over the edge.

I could go on, but I've used up too much space on the Naval forum.

Go back to school. They'll still take you.
1. I did ask my counselor for assistance, he told me to take it or drop out.

2. I'm not too young to get one, I have all the paperwork filled out and my dues paid, I just have to show up on a Monday to schedual the times I want to take the tests.

3. I have no law violations that I can think of, not so much as a skateboarding ticket. I don't know what I'd have to do to violate a law, I don't drive, and I don't really know anyone here in WL (Just moved here) I keep to myself. I work and I work out.


With all this said, I am probably going to take everyone's advice and get my diploma.

Now my only trouble is to do it at the college you have to be 18...so it looks like I may have to go back to WL, and I'm not sure if they take people back? I think I knew a girl who did this, and she's back, so maybe I'll do it.
  #48  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:22
FDC FDC is offline
Probationary User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LLMF
Posts: 13
Quote:
1. I did ask my counselor for assistance, he told me to take it or drop out.
Maybe your counselor was offering that advice so you could graduate? It is his job after all.

As far as qualifications, etc for jobs/services. Military people like talking to other military folks. Most of the time all we have available are other recruiters. Sometimes we talk shop. Take it for what it's worth.

As far as the rest of it...Rock on with your bad self.

You're only 16 go back to high school. It easy.
  #49  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:23
Frog's Avatar
Frog Frog is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,515
Okay I've had enough of junior here on the SEAL site, time to move it.


Boy, don't even think about NSW until you get an education.
  #50  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:25
Sneaky SF Dude Sneaky SF Dude is offline
NEW TO SOCNET
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blocking Jimbo's Access To MY
Posts: 3,127
Ah, thank you Frog Sir.

Crying Eagle, you are now in my AO.

Let's talk about Harvard.
__________________
Go away. Give yourself some peace. - Cass 12/03

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
  #51  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:28
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
Ah, thank you Frog Sir.

Crying Eagle, you are now in my AO.

Let's talk about Harvard.
Alright, shoot.
  #52  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:32
Sneaky SF Dude Sneaky SF Dude is offline
NEW TO SOCNET
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blocking Jimbo's Access To MY
Posts: 3,127
Go to Harvard. I can get you in. Me and NBG have a pardner up there - he's big time. He's buying up the whole state of Mass. for the school.


You're not cut out for that NSW stuff - its really hard and you've pissed off Frog. You'll never make it, hell you quit school because of an English class? The attrition rate is like 700%. You have a better chance of playing in the NBA (a SEAL dude said that here once). Even if you do make it, you'll get shot or blown up. Or Matchanu will find you and beat you up in some bar. No fun at all. They don't really get all the girls anyway - that's a myth.
__________________
Go away. Give yourself some peace. - Cass 12/03

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
  #53  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:42
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
Go to Harvard. I can get you in. Me and NBG have a pardner up there - he's big time. He's buying up the whole state of Mass. for the school.


You're not cut out for that NSW stuff - its really hard and you've pissed off Frog. You'll never make it, hell you quit school because of an English class? The attrition rate is like 700%. You have a better chance of playing in the NBA (a SEAL dude said that here once). Even if you do make it, you'll get shot or blown up. Or Matchanu will find you and beat you up in some bar. No fun at all. They don't really get all the girls anyway - that's a myth.
I'll not be discouraged.
  #54  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:45
Sneaky SF Dude Sneaky SF Dude is offline
NEW TO SOCNET
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blocking Jimbo's Access To MY
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally posted by WhenTheEagleCries
I'll not be discouraged.
Mmmm, I've never heard that before. English teacher got the best of you, imagine what a SEAL will do. I'm telling you man.

You know they have to do something like 23 pullups? That shit is hard. Don't do it.
__________________
Go away. Give yourself some peace. - Cass 12/03

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
  #55  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:49
BadMuther BadMuther is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: outside of Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,733
Quote:
They don't really get all the girls anyway - that's a myth.
It's a proven scientific fact that Army boys knock more boots with married Navy women then any other service......That should tell you something!!

__________________
Custom made Ranger tactical gear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #56  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:52
Sneaky SF Dude Sneaky SF Dude is offline
NEW TO SOCNET
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blocking Jimbo's Access To MY
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally posted by wm311
It's a proven scientific fact that Army boys knock more boots with married Navy women then any other service......That should tell you something!!
Woobie Ranger, why you wanna go and bring the Wrath of Spouse down on yourself?
__________________
Go away. Give yourself some peace. - Cass 12/03

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
  #57  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:52
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
Mmmm, I've never heard that before. English teacher got the best of you, imagine what a SEAL will do. I'm telling you man.

You know they have to do something like 23 pullups? That shit is hard. Don't do it.
23 pullups is rather easy when you have my body type, the less you weigh the easier they are

That English teacher was a bump in the road that I over-came. I just had to choose a different route.

Regardless of the road I have to take, whether my recruiter tells me I need to go back to HS or I need to get the 15 credits for sure, the end result is going to be me on a SEAL Team. Whatever road I have to take there.
  #58  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:57
Sneaky SF Dude Sneaky SF Dude is offline
NEW TO SOCNET
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blocking Jimbo's Access To MY
Posts: 3,127
According to your posts, you didn't overcome her, you went around her, by quitting. I'm telling you man, you've already started down that road, so it'll be easier next time. You'll just go right around the obstacles instead of through them.

Look, if you do make it, you'll be tired, wet, hungry and broke all the time. SEALs don't hardly get promoted even. If you don't make it, you'll end up on a GBGB somewhere.

Forget that nonsense and do something useful with your life. You said your first year in HS you were a liberal. I say good for you. Get you a job as an aid to a Democratic Congressman. We can help you with that too, we know a dude that has that job now. Hell, with 15 college credits, you'll be smarter than the rest of 'em.
__________________
Go away. Give yourself some peace. - Cass 12/03

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
  #59  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:59
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
According to your posts, you didn't overcome her, you went around her, by quitting. I'm telling you man, you've already started down that road, so it'll be easier next time. You'll just go right around the obstacles instead of through them.

Look, if you do make it, you'll be tired, wet, hungry and broke all the time. SEALs don't hardly get promoted even. If you don't make it, you'll end up on a GBGB somewhere.

Forget that nonsense and do something useful with your life. You said your first year in HS you were a liberal. I say good for you. Get you a job as an aid to a Democratic Congressman. We can help you with that too, we know a dude that has that job now. Hell, with 15 college credits, you'll be smarter than the rest of 'em.
I think I'm going to fucking vomit. I'm joining the Navy and I'm going to join a SEAL team. Money means nothing to me.
  #60  
Old 29 November 2003, 19:59
Ratliff Ratliff is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally posted by wm311
It's a proven scientific fact that Army boys knock more boots with married Navy women then any other service......That should tell you something!!

Hold that thought, let me get a beer, i dont like where this is going:D
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:23.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET