Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 1 December 2003, 19:44
BTDT

Silent-1

Who are you and what is your background. Please post your credentials.
Old 1 December 2003, 19:51
Deleted Member

Wow.

131 posts and just now getting carded?
Old 1 December 2003, 19:51
Creepy ass cracka

I'd like to know as well.
Old 1 December 2003, 19:53
Deleted Member

I'm a nobody . I just have an interest.:)

I have no credentials.

Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

No need to mess w/ me. I'm cool.
Old 1 December 2003, 19:55
Deleted Member

Hey TM,

He's cool.
Old 1 December 2003, 20:02
BTDT

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent-1
I'm a nobody . I just have an interest.:)

I have no credentials.

Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

No need to mess w/ me. I'm cool.
Silent-1:

This is for you, read and heed:

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...es+Please+read

Terry
Old 1 December 2003, 20:02
Deleted Member

Hey, I didn't mean to cause a stink.

Like I said, I think he asked a simple question and people come down hard on the newbie's.

I hardly ever post, just lurk so feel free to "ban" me if you feel that I have "violated" a rule.

I don't think that what I posted warranted this kind of response.

Oh well.
Old 1 December 2003, 20:10
BTDT

Quote:
Hey, I didn't mean to cause a stink.

Like I said, I think he asked a simple question and people come down hard on the newbie's.

I hardly ever post, just lurk so feel free to "ban" me if you feel that I have "violated" a rule.

I don't think that what I posted warranted this kind of response.

Oh well.
Read the link I provided, it applies to everybody:

Terry
Old 1 December 2003, 20:35
BTDT

Silent-1

My problem with you is that most of your posts are questions about "what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?". On occasion you pipe in and answer sombody else's question, something you have no right to do. Just because you have read some magazine article (you have mentioned articles in several of your posts) does not make you an authority. Let those who know answer. Also do not criticize BTDT's for not answering these questions in a maner approved by you. This web site is FOR the BTDTs. Lurk all you want but please make questions intelligent and pertinent. Do not answer questions you do not have first hand knowledge of.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:01
Deleted Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TM Reich
[B]Silent-1

"what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?".

That was funny.:D

Most of those posts your refering too are about three years old.

I have nothing against any of the BTDT's.

It seems like if you're not a BTDT or part of the "clique" you get slammed for even posting. That's what i disagree with.

I've noticed ALOT of BTDT's that had extensive knowledge in the SpecOps and shooting communities do not come here anymore.(They didn't mind answering simple Q's and had respect for everyone)

I wonder if they feel the same way I do.

Oh well, things change and shit happens.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:15
Deleted Member

I've found,

that by just doing what you are asked and posting something, whether you're a BTDT or not usually takes the flame from under your ass and keeps the Big Black Shithook at bay. And that by continuing along a similar vein such as the one that we are now in, usually results in the opposite of the previous listed.

Just an observation. I mean, what do I know? I'm only a SOCNET Corporal and you are a SOCNET Sergeant. And you've been here for three years.

Hmmmmmm...
Old 1 December 2003, 21:25
Deleted Member

Re: I've found,

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion6
that by just doing what you are asked and posting something, whether you're a BTDT or not usually takes the flame from under your ass and keeps the Big Black Shithook at bay. And that by continuing along a similar vein such as the one that we are now in, usually results in the opposite of the previous listed.

Just an observation. I mean, what do I know? I'm only a SOCNET Corporal and you are a SOCNET Sergeant. And you've been here for three years.

Hmmmmmm...
I'm sorry, but I don't care what my "status" is here. It's a FUCKING internet board.

Like I said. I don't post much. Some folks reply just get their post count up. I don't.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:27
Easily irritated

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silent-1
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by TM Reich
Silent-1

"what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?".

That was funny.:D

Most of those posts your refering too are about three years old.

I have nothing against any of the BTDT's.

It seems like if you're not a BTDT or part of the "clique" you get slammed for even posting. That's what i disagree with.

I've noticed ALOT of BTDT's that had extensive knowledge in the SpecOps and shooting communities do not come here anymore.(They didn't mind answering simple Q's and had respect for everyone)

I wonder if they feel the same way I do.

Oh well, things change and shit happens.
Have you ever given consideration that the transformation in mood, tone, tenor and attitude on this board might be directly related to the attacks of 9/11? Also, have you ever wondered where those of whom you speak are at this moment? Is is possible some are doing things that might have some impact on the war on terror? Just a few things you might wish to ponder.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:32
Deleted Member

I don't care about your status here either.

My point, which I think was obvious, was that you have lurked here for a long time. Enough time, in fact, to know how this show operates.

And this is not just another internet site.

That was about a dumbassed assumption if there ever was one. Do you not actually read here? Or do you just read what you feel is important to you? Understand this; This site is important to US, you and your opinions are not.

Well, maybe Sir Sneaky cares, but he has a special way of showing it. I'm sure that you will amuse him too.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:36
Confirmed User

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silent-1
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by TM Reich
Silent-1

Thats because this is their website, this is their board, they come here to meet with many of those that they served with, and so on. If you disagree with it get out, they don't give a fuck what you disagree with, be satisfied that they share some of their knowledge with you. They went through the hell not you, so they have every right for slamming you.

Talk to Jeff is you have more problems.

As for filling out your profile i don't understand whats so hard about it, they just want to know who you are and what you do.

Stan.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:41
Deleted Member

Ya know,

This seems to be a rising epidemic around here. As I look into my crystal ball, I see a bright future. A future where if you post before you fill out your profile you will be delivered unto the Gods of War.

Or at least smited heavily.

Or slapped with a rubber chicken. I don't know, this damned crystal ball gets fuzzier every time I take a drink from it.
No wait, its a crystal BOWL.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:43
Deleted Member

Re: I don't care about your status here either.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion6
My point, which I think was obvious, was that you have lurked here for a long time. Enough time, in fact, to know how this show operates.

And this is not just another internet site.

That was about a dumbassed assumption if there ever was one. Do you not actually read here? Or do you just read what you feel is important to you? Understand this; This site is important to US, you and your opinions are not.
This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.

And no, I don't read every post. I don't have the time and I do have a life.

fish78,

Yes i do think about that, but a question about a pistol does not violate OPSEC, so I think his question could have been answered differently.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:44
Deleted Member

RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!! RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!!!
Old 1 December 2003, 21:49
Easily irritated

Re: Re: I don't care about your status here either.

Quote:
This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.

And no, I don't read every post. I don't have the time and I do have a life.

fish78,

Yes i do think about that, but a question about a pistol does not violate OPSEC, so I think his question could have been answered differently.
You don't know, what you don't know. There is likely more to the Sig situation than you know about, there may be things that do not need to be discussed on an open forum...it is not about being rude to some FNG, its about letting those who actually know, make the decissions as to what is appropriate discourse in their world.

Last edited by fish78; 1 December 2003 at 21:56.
Old 1 December 2003, 21:51
Resident Kimchee Master

I smell a smackdown.

Our new posting rules