Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 6 March 2004, 21:41
cqb
Visitor

Joint Task Force

working with another branch is harder than i thought
even though its there base they work at eveyday or train at a weekend a month its just a whole new world.
sometimes it seems like they dont want us (the army) there.
i've been with them for over 13 months and still havent figured out their rank structure and lay'd back ways.
dont get mewrong, ive met quite a few cool guys, but some others confuse me.
has anyone here worked with other branches like this? and could give me some angles to work with

thanx -cqb
Old 6 March 2004, 21:56
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Lets see what I took from your post.

You are working with another "branch". Of the military, government, or whatever -- you don't state.

You find it unpleasant and frustrating. Why? You don't state this, either.

You think they don't like you (as a soldier, that is). Or they don't like the Army -- as a branch, that is.

You've worked with them for over a year and haven't figured out what their organizational structure is.

You want to know if any of us have worked with such a confusing group of people.

That about it?

Here is MY take on your situation.

Proper grammar. Wonderful tool and amazingly useful when communicating. You should try it.

You have been a "guest" of some agency other than the Army for over a year and haven't taken the time to get to know your hosts well enough to know who is in charge, who makes the rules, or simply -- who can help you. I think I would invest a little time in getting to know the people whose base I am using so frequently. Your post leads me to believe you haven't a whole bunch of time-in-service (immaturity), so I would also hazard a guess that you are unlikely to be able to truly comment on whether you have it good or not.

Of course, I might not have a clue as to what your original idea was behind this post. Write it again, but as if your HS English Lit teacher was standing over you....
Old 6 March 2004, 22:14
Confirmed User

Take SOTB's advice.

You don't realize how lucky your are to be in a full-time guard JTF position...lots of folks would kill for it.

Can you take SOTB's advice and repost so that we can understand?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 7 March 2004, 00:45
A general PITA

Quote:
Originally posted by Woobie
Take SOTB's advice.

You don't realize how lucky your are to be in a full-time guard JTF position...lots of folks would kill for it.

Can you take SOTB's advice and repost so that we can understand?
Not only that,

What experiance can you bring to the table? Besides the experiance you have recived as a Guardsman? You sound in your post rather unexperianced and "Trying to fit in with an 'intelligent' question.

Final statment, LEARN TO POSE A QUESTON, PROCLAIM A STATMENT AND LEARN HOW TO USE PUNCTUATION!

Getting the idea?

Regards,

Irish.
Old 7 March 2004, 17:28
cqb
Visitor

ouch

Im in the Army Guard in a JTF with the Air Guard
and yes i find myself wondering what the tention is between the 2. The thing is the Army was "activated" to do their job and i guess some dont like it and dont want it.
so my question was has anyone else been through this?
and yes ive only been in the guard for 4 years and this is the first mission weve been on in a long time, and i just wanted to know if it was something i needed to expect in the future.

also, no!
i dont need to prove myself or try and fit in with anyone here
just being myself should be enough to click with a few.

i heard good things about this forum and wanted to check it out
so far so good and thanx for your responce's.

exp., well heres a short list
1/2 way through an assoc. degree in criminal justice
Im a 13 bravo - M198 155mm towed howitzer
Sigarms Academy Trng on the p226 a class i took in college
also a CLS combat life saver
JTF trng pertaining to the mission

is that what u meant?

Last edited by cqb; 7 March 2004 at 17:40.
Old 7 March 2004, 18:12
Confirmed User

Air guys are just nervous to be around real military folks HA! Seriously, there is alot of ribbing amongst the armed services. Marines vs. Army, Army vs. Air Force, Marines vs. Navy. Lots of bravado and trash-talking about the other guys service. But when the chips are down, it's a beautiful thing to see us all fighting side-by-side.
Old 7 March 2004, 19:38
Been There Done That

TXSWAT hit the nail on the head. There is a abundance of inter-service rivalry. It is normal and healthy.
CQB, just take the time to learn the rank structure and the people. It will pay off 10 fold. Then you will truly understand the term "JOINT" when you need it most.
Old 7 March 2004, 21:02
cqb
Visitor

ok, i will thanks,
but, thats a virtue i lack (patience).
Old 8 March 2004, 22:25
As far as you know

Given your backgroud, your username 'CQB' might seem a little out of place to some of the folks on this board. Just a little friendly observation.
Old 8 March 2004, 23:12
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

I been in this here military for over 20 active duty. Spent most of it with the big green machine. Typically I'm the ONLY USAF guy assigned to an ODA, for one mission to six months at a time. Yes, the competition is there. They don't know me, as I'm just "that zoomie" guy. I did take the time years ago to MEMORIZE the rank chart. I know what a PFC and SFC are. Sounds like you NEED to do this and realize that you're in a sea of blue, like I realize that I'm in a community of green when TDY to the SF/Rangers. Everyone got my name real quick in Iraq as mortars rained in and I brought CAS down on stupid fools. You're early in your career with the military. We all are in this GWOT together...
Old 9 March 2004, 00:10
cqb
Visitor

well, thanks for the advice
but you see some of these air guard guys
who wear the rank took a open book test to get it.
i dont need to memorize the rank chart, cause the base is so rank heavy it seems like only nco's and officers run it.
plus its by a name by name basis, which in the army its a good thing not to know your nco's name, cause if in public it should ever slip, xpect to get locked up (parade rest) and bitched at and then smoked (push ups).
and this see of blue was taken over by green sharks because it seemed like a good thing for the army guard to play body guard for the air guard.
ive heard some stories of this all over the country, the huge disrepecting wall the air guard threw up between us and your right im just starting my career,thats why im asking u guys cause word got around this board had alot of reliable folks on it who knew alot about things pertaining to me.
and my name cqb is just a name i made up, a few other folks know me by that so i just kept it.
Old 9 March 2004, 00:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally posted by cqb
word got around this board had alot of reliable folks on it who knew alot about things pertaining to me.
I remember you. You’re the gay guy right?
Your buddy Matchanu is here.
Old 9 March 2004, 00:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve1/75
I remember you. You’re the gay guy right?
Your buddy Matchanu is here.

Hehheheheeeeeee.........:D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9 March 2004, 00:42
Sharky
Visitor

well, thanks for the advice
but you see some of these air guard guys
who wear the rank took a open book test to get it.

You'll notice the same thing in every service. We all have our good and not-so-good.

i dont need to memorize the rank chart

Telling you to memorize the rank chart was a damn good piece of advice. If you already know what you need to do and don't need to do, then you really shouldn't be asking these guys who have been on AD for twenty years or so.

, cause the base is so rank heavy it seems like only nco's and officers run it.

Last time I checked, most posts were ran by NCO's and Officers, regardless of service.

plus its by a name by name basis, which in the army its a good thing not to know your nco's name, cause if in public it should ever slip, xpect to get locked up (parade rest) and bitched at and then smoked (push ups).

Could this be a reason to learn the rank structure? Then you wouldn't have to fall into that terrible USAF habit.

and this see of blue was taken over by green sharks because it seemed like a good thing for the army guard to play body guard for the air guard.

Probably more like they are trying to find something for you to do other than pick up pine cones and paint rocks. Green sharks? LOL

ive heard some stories of this all over the country, the huge disrepecting wall the air guard threw up between us

I would not be too happy sharing my space with someone who looked down their nose at me and didn't even give enough of a damn about my service to learn my rank structure either.

and your right im just starting my career,thats why im asking u guys cause word got around this board had alot of reliable folks on it who knew alot about things pertaining to me.

It does, and they do. You made a vague statement about another branch and didnt like the response you got. Too bad. You got some great advice. Are you smart enough to heed it, or do you still know all the answers before you even ask the questions?

and my name cqb is just a name i made up, a few other folks know me by that so i just kept it.

Kids do that a lot. We're used to it. How much CQB experience do/could you have anyway?

Bottom line is, you got some good advice here. If you plan on sticking around this website, you better change your attitude. Pronto. If you were a private of mine, I'd smoke you until your ID card passed out. When you lay down to sleep tonight, thank whatever God you serve that I am not your squad leader.
Old 9 March 2004, 00:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharky
If you were a private of mine, I'd smoke you until your ID card passed out.
Thats a good one. I've got to use that some time.:D
Old 9 March 2004, 00:58
cqb
Visitor

wow

ok, i see theres just no pleasing u guys huh
everytime i get a reply from anyone of you it seems
like u have sumthin stuck up your ass.

i am taking the advice,

and if i was a private of yours,
wall to wall counsling comes to mind.
u just dont get repsect, u have to earn it and if u dont deserve it
i wont give it to you, besides would you really want some to tell they dont respect u, only the rank youre wearing and that you should probally take it off and go back to pldc and start over?
leaders lead by mutual respect, not by fear. that = squad leaders too.

Quote:
Probably more like they are trying to find something for you to do other than pick up pine cones and paint rocks.
now thats funny.

i have only asked questions and gave some insight,
i dont think i disrepected anyone.
if i did, i dont know how and it wont happen again.

and as said b4 cqb is just a nick name
and no, i have no xperience in that.
Old 9 March 2004, 00:59
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Sharky-

Thanks for that...this youngun needed the ass chewin, but I needed the laffs...we'll see if he learns!

Old 9 March 2004, 01:00
Confirmed User

Obviously the lesson didn't take...he posted as I was writing mine.....

So cqbuttmaster, you are going to walltowall counsel Sharky? This just keeps getting funnier!!!

How old are you anyway?

Old 9 March 2004, 01:02
Authorized Personnel

cqb, (how much cqb training have you done by the way?) here is a website that may help you with all your troubles.

English Grammer 101
Old 9 March 2004, 01:06
cqb
Visitor

old enough to know that you have no life
and would rather argue over the internet
then to let it go, but then again youre still here huh?

and i dont need an ass chewin
i guess your dad beat u alot as a kid huh
whats the matter your mom not breast feed u enough?

and if this is the reason why people think i have a poor attitude
its because of pinheads like this.
i didnt start this argument im trying to end it.

if he was my squad leader and acted like this to me
than yes, cause if the shit hit the fan, i need to trust him with my life and not over little shit like this with an idiot like u getting in the way.

Our new posting rules