Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 1 July 2004, 12:39
BTDT

Re: So much for PERSEC

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Rambo
Well I guess I ain't shit, but one thing I am is smart; something you must not have a lot of, 18xrecruit... or shall I say, Mr. John XXXXXXX.

Your life in the Army will soon become much more difficult than it had to be and when that happens, please feel free to send me a thank you card.
Well done, Jeff!!

Terry
Old 1 July 2004, 12:54
Reaper375
Visitor

I have now officially seen it all here on SOCNET.

The day I see Tracy get pissed at someone, is the day I can say nothing more will surprise me.

Way to go Tracy.
Old 1 July 2004, 16:10
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb 18xrecruit...

Are you nervous now? I have a trip out that way coming soon and I will try my best to get a slot as a "Guest Instructor" for one of your phases.

Hide hard son...I mean real hard!!!!!!!!!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 1 July 2004, 16:21
POL Developer

I am pretty sure I just heard his ass pucker up.

It is now impossible for 18x to be the "GreyMan".
Old 1 July 2004, 16:38
BTDT

Make him suffer!!!!! Change his mos from 18C to 18D!!!
Old 1 July 2004, 20:31

Re: 18xrecruit...

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
Are you nervous now? I have a trip out that way coming soon and I will try my best to get a slot as a "Guest Instructor" for one of your phases.

Hide hard son...I mean real hard!!!!!!!!!
OUCH.......This dude better run and hide....oops, too late for that.
Old 2 July 2004, 22:08
Bandy Legged Old Geezer

Boy oh Boy...jackass didnt learn anything at PH 1A or SFPC. Now I have to take the time out of my busy schedule Tuesday to make sure Ron knows all about his little fledgeling with the sorry ass attitude.

Since I am sure he remembers who I am and who his Senior Instructor was...maybe he forgot that we are both Vets from the 82nd. I guess we didnt measure up to his standards.

I bet he was probably one of the dumbasses going through PH II that put on his end of course critique that there was no reason they had to be tired or eat MRE's so much or get stressed out and that it should be run more like SFPC.

Ole Ron is going to have a blast with this kid...and Roger and I shall make sure this dumbass is squared away
Old 3 July 2004, 00:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally posted by DocL18D
..Ole Ron is going to have a blast with this kid...and Roger and I shall make sure this dumbass is squared away
Remember what Mom used to say "Don't play with your food dear..."

Thanks

DOL
Old 3 July 2004, 00:12
#AllLionsMatter

Unhappy To: 18xrecruit.....

Just for you.....

Old 3 July 2004, 02:53
Scotty's Mommy

I hesitate to point this out

Quote:
Paratrooper" or 11B doesn't mean you're a badass. I've seen and met some of the dumbest people in the army right down the road in the 82nd and they are 11b paratroopers. So until you have THE beret and THE tab. You ain't shit.

This guy ain't saying nothing y'all ain't already said your own selves. You know that, right? I bolded the part that says "some" since there is a distinction between all and some.

The problem, as I see it, is he doesn't have a (green)beret himself yet. (unless I miss my guess) If he had a beret and had done some of the same things you guys have then it would be ok for him to Cherry Mash. Or am I wrong?

If I'm wrong tell me and I'll say Lo Siento Mucho
Old 3 July 2004, 10:44
#AllLionsMatter

CMR,

One thing this individual fail to remember is....

The same people he has chosen to insult, have already been over in the SANBOX serving in a combat zone!

Yet...he his still going thru training.

A young MP kid said to us one time...."Do you see us pulling gate gaurd?...NO! I've patrolling the city of Baghdad for almost six months and that route you guys wanna take sucks"!

Guess what route we took?:D

Take care.

Old 3 July 2004, 13:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally posted by C-M-R
This guy ain't saying nothing y'all ain't already said your own selves. You know that, right? I bolded the part that says "some" since there is a distinction between all and some.

The problem, as I see it, is he doesn't have a (green)beret himself yet. (unless I miss my guess) If he had a beret and had done some of the same things you guys have then it would be ok for him to Cherry Mash. Or am I wrong?

If I'm wrong tell me and I'll say Lo Siento Mucho
Nobody can can preach as well as the converted, so I'll be the first one and say yes I did the same stupid sh*t as he did.

There's a member here on SOCNET who was in the unit adjacent to me; who just as quickly chewed me up and spit me out.

Later on, after training many Soldiers from numerous nations, my attitude changed. It has to, or your Team Sergeant will change it for you. I was a cherry SF during the post-Vietnam era when there were draftees and other 'undesirables' still floating around the Army. I can state emphatically that the quality of our Soldiers today is a LOT better than 30 years ago; they're not perfect, but they have the mission and they're accomplishing it.

The biggest difference between myself and 18xrecruit is the medium we mouthed-off in: My silly-assed opinion was verbal, his was electronic. My opinion reached reached a few dozen, his reached thousands.

I got chewed verbally, he got chewed electronically.

Will I hold a grudge? Nope. If he survives training and the smoking, I'll bet he'll be saying the same thing a few years down the road.

It's that whole "circle of life thang..."
Old 3 July 2004, 15:41
Swimming Upstream

And what a great teaching point for others!:D
Old 4 July 2004, 11:46
Confirmed User

Re: To all 18xrays

Quote:
Originally posted by 18xrecruit
This is my first post since shipping of in Oct of '03. I have now gone through everything up to PLDC/BNCOC. So if any of the 18xrays have any questions about the traing up until now just PM me and I will do my best to answer it. By the way, you ain't shit 'til you got the beret and the tab. Just because you're a "Paratrooper" or 11B doesn't mean you're a badass. I've seen and met some of the dumbest people in the army right down the road in the 82nd and they are 11b paratroopers. So until you have THE beret and THE tab. You ain't shit.
18xrecruit...

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...unnAy/ibtl.jpg

Please come back and talk to us before this is the case. X eleventy billion
Old 4 July 2004, 13:24
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by DocL18D
Boy oh Boy...jackass didnt learn anything at PH 1A or SFPC. Now I have to take the time out of my busy schedule Tuesday to make sure Ron knows all about his little fledgeling with the sorry ass attitude.

Since I am sure he remembers who I am and who his Senior Instructor was...maybe he forgot that we are both Vets from the 82nd. I guess we didnt measure up to his standards.

I bet he was probably one of the dumbasses going through PH II that put on his end of course critique that there was no reason they had to be tired or eat MRE's so much or get stressed out and that it should be run more like SFPC.

Ole Ron is going to have a blast with this kid...and Roger and I shall make sure this dumbass is squared away

18XRecruit......I now pronounce thee 11B1P. Say hello to the 82nd. I see a lot of pain in your immediate future, and a DOR to go with it.
Old 5 July 2004, 13:01
Scotty's Mommy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Tracy

It's that whole "circle of life thang..." [/B]
I love that Circle of Life Thing.

A little salt, a little pepper, the right sauce....

Good points from both Tracy and Guy.
Old 6 July 2004, 23:47
18xrecruit
Visitor

My Bad

I wasn't talking to everyone. I thought I made it clear I was talking to all of the deppers that are due to ship off here in the future. I DON'T have THE beret, I DON'T have THE tab, that means I'm not shit as well. I was just trying to show the deppers that they haven't accomplished anything until they graduate the Q course.
Old 7 July 2004, 00:02
AirbornePaintman
Visitor

Beat your face.
Old 7 July 2004, 00:03
Confirmed User

Too late sugarbritches I think you're already fucked.

Maybe you will learn that Special Operations is a very small world indeed.

The Way of the Gun
Old 7 July 2004, 00:05
Administrator

Re: So much for PERSEC

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Rambo
18xrecruit... or shall I say, Mr. John XXXXXXX....
Indeed, Mr. John XXXXXXX that accesses the internet through a military computer IP spooler in building 1-1434 at Ft. Bragg through a proxy server managed by the 1112th Signal Bn.

Don't worry; we'll take good care of you.

I have split this thread off so as to not poisen what was previously a great ongoing thread for the 18X pipeliners.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Our new posting rules