Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 9 July 2004, 21:53

Damn, this dude's story made the rounds at student company, i had to get online and see what the fuss was all about. all i got to say xxxxxxxx (and i've seen you in formation too) is to get ready to spend all of pldc on the pole, and all of phase 2 getting smoked till you vw (if you get that far). great job insulting fellow soldiers and making us other 18x'rs look bad. dumbass.

scout74
Old 9 July 2004, 22:05
Confirmed User

OOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwSHIT

Now that's gonna leave a mark!!!!

Already made the rounds at the student company huh?

Sucks to be that guy.

I just noticed that this was my 69th post. My little sophomoric brain just couldn't let that pass without having to comment on it.

The Way of the Gun

Last edited by dublo; 9 July 2004 at 22:09.
Old 10 July 2004, 07:57
Going back

Quote:
Originally posted by Scout74
Damn, this dude's story made the rounds at student company, i had to get online and see what the fuss was all about. all i got to say xxxxxxx (and i've seen you in formation too) is to get ready to spend all of pldc on the pole, and all of phase 2 getting smoked till you vw (if you get that far). great job insulting fellow soldiers and making us other 18x'rs look bad. dumbass.

scout74
LMAO!

Owned......

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 10 July 2004, 19:06
On the Extract Bird

ROFLMFAO This truly is one of the funniest threads I've seen in awhile. I have a buddy who is in the Charlie Committee, I'll be sure to send him a link, and have him be on the lookout for this jackass, if he makes it that far.
Old 10 July 2004, 23:22
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by max_tab
ROFLMFAO This truly is one of the funniest threads I've seen in awhile.
Agreed. I'm saving this one. This is a classic example of the wrong person saying the wrong thing in the wrong place.
Old 12 July 2004, 15:35
Range Safety

what i want to know is where has sneaky been?

"Listen, Iran, WE believe your nuke program is for civilian power. We think its cool. But the machines? Man, the machines HATE your nuke program. They keep trying to write their own code to destroy your country. Just be cool. Act natural. We'll talk to the machines and see if we can get them to not annihilate, you."-Jimbo
Old 12 July 2004, 17:20
AirbornePaintman
Visitor

We need an AAR. :)
Old 13 July 2004, 03:31
Confirmed User

OK, I'll start:

JOHN XXXXXX THREAD AAR

ISSUE:
18x with a potentail bad case of "diarrhea of the mouth."

DISCUSSION:
Reference all of the above posts.

RECOMMENDATION:
Don't post anything to SOCNET on Friday that you don't want brought up at formation on Monday.
Old 13 July 2004, 16:19
COL Quaritch is my CO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt V
Hopefully someone will pass this post on to your future platoon sergeant in the 82nd.
Done.
Old 13 July 2004, 22:20
Retired Paratrooper, 1 ea

Quote:
Don't post anything to SOCNET on Friday that you don't want brought up at formation on Monday.
That's no kidding. I love this thread.
Old 19 July 2004, 15:37
Long time member

I've removed his last name from this thread.
Old 22 July 2004, 23:21
Probationary User

Man this guy is in for a world of hurt if they find out his name for pldc.lol. Not to mention the rest of his training and career in SF, If he makes it. And if he doesnt then its gonna carry over to right down the street at the 82nd. I was talking to my brother(18x at Bragg,SFAS) and he said he knew this guy and they all have been talking about this asshole too. This guy's in for it.

-TB out....

Last edited by TunnelBug; 23 July 2004 at 22:52.
Old 23 July 2004, 00:28
fourdeuce82d
Visitor

Ex-82d here, 80-83. Actually I probably would have fit his description- I was not a real squared away troop. But having been a Rodney Tent-Peg kind of guy....I want to find out what happens to him- if he makes it through this, and gets a slot- he will have had to be the baddest of the very baddest.

Kind of like an E1, liner wearing, don't know hayfoot/strawfoot, only pushed an inch or two of Georgia, telling his drill "Yes Drill Sergeant, I DID fuck your sister."

If you can make it back after that...you must really want it.

It will either make him or break him.

I hope he makes it.
Old 16 September 2004, 23:20
Ungood

Bumping this for my Unit to read...
Old 19 October 2004, 11:31
Confirmed User

18x

Sorry guys, gotta put .02 in. for others that may be prone to "hoof in mouth syndrome".

My dad went through the Battle of the Buldge with Patton, marched across to Poland. Volunteered for the 82nd, yep did a few combat jumps, glider troop too. Did two tours in VN as a aviator flying guns and instilled a definate love in his sons for "ANY" man on the ground, especially if he needs help.
As a aviator, I don't have Ground time but I've got, RESPECT.

I feel for you kid, you've gotta lotta growing up to do. And your peers are just the ones to help you.

Didn't mean to jump in......couldn't help it though.
Old 19 October 2004, 12:48
Confirmed User

No kidding, I was just thinking about this guy yesterday. Anybody know if he made it through?
Old 20 October 2004, 13:22
Ungood

Quote:
Originally posted by mara
No kidding, I was just thinking about this guy yesterday. Anybody know if he made it through?
Aye, any updates?
Old 21 October 2004, 11:41
fnorder
Visitor

Since this topic keeps getting drug up- I'll add my .02

Personally, I'm pretty neutral when it comes to division, with the notable exception of my disdain for their SGMs running up and down Ardennes just waiting to be able to go berserk on an SFQC student for some petty reason- like having the old grey PTs on (us guard guys weren't issued them yet- go figure)
When I was in the course, I heard alot of shit talked about the 82nd by fellow students, most of them having come from there. I heard way worse things than what this guy said. I mean, if people loved the 82nd so much, they wouldn't be clamoring to get into the SF.
I'm sure we all can remember an anecdote or two about Private Joe shit the ragman who was a cook running his mouth about how hard he was because he had his jump wings. Or the piece of crap at finance who couldn't unfuck your pay because it "was Saagent's time, big sarge". People like these can give a bad name to others from their unit who are outstanding.
Anyway- not trying to support what this guy said, but is it really worth it to end this guy's SF aspirations or even his career because he woofed some shit on an message board? Especially when what he said has been verbalized in public many many times, whether justified or not.
Old 21 October 2004, 14:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally posted by fnorder
...Anyway- not trying to support what this guy said, but is it really worth it to end this guy's SF aspirations or even his career because he woofed some shit on an message board? Especially when what he said has been verbalized in public many many times, whether justified or not.
The 82d and SF have a long history together. A lot of it good, some of it bad. No one tried to end his career, he tried to talk sh*t and got called on it.

What he didn't realize was the 82d and the Regiment provide a LOT of Soldiers for the SF pipe. I was one of them so were many others.

I had assigned to my teams 82d veterans who whoofed about their combat experience and I handed their ass to them. Once as a Team Sergeant and another time as a Team Leader. I had SF Soldiers whoof on some 82d Soldiers because they were screwing up and I let it slide.

I've been chewed on for talking sh*t or others chewed on me for screwing up.

He found out that the internet is a much bigger and tighter knit community than he realized. He made a bad call and paid for it. I doubt seriously if he was DX'd for his opinions on the internet.
Old 22 October 2004, 07:57
Making sure They Come Home

Angry It is a matter of principle

Quote:
Originally posted by fnorder

When I was in the course, I heard alot of shit talked about the 82nd by fellow students, most of them having come from there. I heard way worse things than what this guy said. I mean, if people loved the 82nd so much, they wouldn't be clamoring to get into the SF.
Anyway- not trying to support what this guy said, but is it really worth it to end this guy's SF aspirations or even his career because he woofed some shit on an message board? Especially when what he said has been verbalized in public many many times, whether justified or not.
and of professionalism. When someone puts a green hat on your head it does not give liscence to run your mouth or think yourself better than anyone else in a public forum. What it DOES do is draw attention and add instant credibility. This cherry is seen by the outside world as a representative of the Army Special Forces. Woofing it up amongst your buddies is one thing, doing it in open internet boards is another. Sure, it goes on all over the place on other boards, but NOT HERE. WE police up our own here, WE know it is wrong, WE have the responsibility not to tolerate some 10%er who is a chest pounder instead of a quiet professional.
It is what seperates us here on SOCNet (both professionally as well as an internet bullitten board) from the airsoft gathering raves around cyberspace.

May want to adjust your shot group fnorder...just a thought.

PA

Our new posting rules