Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 14 August 2004, 21:31
magoo41_59
Visitor

Exclamation War in Iraq tribute -plz help-

Hi all at SOCNET,

I'm currently in the process of creating a tribute type video of our warriors in the east (a-stan and iraq).

I am simply requesting some help in finding photos and video clips to add to this, and if you feel that there should be a certain song in there i'll add it (If its good)

I'm also up for requests to make videos of what U want to see, maybe a certain unit, etc (you have to provide photos/video etc).

Hope to get this finished soon.

I'm sure I'll get loads of help from you fella's,
thanks in advance
Old 14 August 2004, 22:12
magoo41_59
Visitor

i'm currently torn between using the braveheart theme or various Black Hawk Down scores.

Opinions wanted
Old 15 August 2004, 02:10
Confirmed User

Here's a site of motivating videos, maybe you can get some inspiration from them-

http://www.grouchymedia.com/

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Old 15 August 2004, 05:11
magoo41_59
Visitor

lol thats where i got my inspiration from

my vid should be ready soon.
Old 15 August 2004, 05:33
Administrator

Profile For magoo41_59:

Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle: d_boy_SFOD_D

Occupation student

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 15 August 2004, 06:24
magoo41_59
Visitor

....and ?
Old 15 August 2004, 06:26
Metric: The Only Way To Go.

As one Commonwealth member to another, mate, pull your head in please.
"He also had back up time to time from friends TC and Rick. Magnum would solve the case, then Rick and TC would help him kick the crap out of the criminals. Sometimes Selleck would get a little whiney, and those shorts were a little too short. Other than that, it was a great show."

-IMDB Comment on Magnum, PI.
Old 15 August 2004, 06:36
magoo41_59
Visitor

Profile for 'Ace'

Date Registered: 12-15-1999
Total Posts: 2000 (1.17 posts per day)
Old 15 August 2004, 06:37

Mate...
"He also had back up time to time from friends TC and Rick. Magnum would solve the case, then Rick and TC would help him kick the crap out of the criminals. Sometimes Selleck would get a little whiney, and those shorts were a little too short. Other than that, it was a great show."

Old 15 August 2004, 06:38
magoo41_59
Visitor

what ?!

he copy/pasted my profile ?!?

Am I for some reason not allowed to do the same pointless thing ?
Old 15 August 2004, 06:40

That's right. Edit it out while all the Yanks are asleep.

Old 15 August 2004, 06:41
magoo41_59
Visitor

Nah i don't care if they hate me.

If they get so bothered about a damn Instant messenger name then thats their sad problem.
Old 15 August 2004, 06:43

As you like it :)

Old 15 August 2004, 07:22
#AllLionsMatter

LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by magoo41_59

If they get so bothered about a damn Instant messenger name then thats their sad problem.
You had to start this on a Monday.

Us "Yanks" are some what "grumpy" come Monday mornings...especially when we have not had that first cup of coffee.

I would highly suggest, that you read thru these forums and get a feel of what type of board this is!

First you...
Quote:
I'm sure I'll get loads of help from you fella's,
Then you reply with my initial "quote".

You can not have it both ways. Either you care or you don't?

Your choice...take care.

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 15 August 2004, 09:00

Quote:

What I find funny
You start a forum dedicated to the organisations that persons on this forum belong to
Profess on said forum your upmost respect for those persons
and when one of them responds to you, something that would not happen away from this environment, where is that respect?
Grow up.
Old 15 August 2004, 10:08
SOCNET Band Geek

Quote:
i'm currently torn between using the braveheart theme or various Black Hawk Down scores.

Opinions wanted
Magoo, you asked for opinions...

1. The point Ace was trying to make was that using SFOD_D in any public communication forum when you're a student, cook, truck driver, drycleaner, etc., etc. -- or anything else but a member of the organization is at best; a slap in the face to people like Randy Schugart and Gary Gordan. If you don't know who they are, my point is made. If you're stuck on being a 'D-boy', get the old visa out and come on over and enlist.

I haven't been on this board for long, but I've listened long enough to know that there are some guys here who I'm guessing were in Mogadishu in 1993. Tread lightly around them, this is their home, not ours.

Furthermore, on SOCNET; when the BTDT's talk...E.F. Hutton listens. (O.K., maybe that dates me ). Read through some of the threads on this site -- going against the grain only gets your ass full of splinters.

2. Also, you may want to explore licensing rights for soundtracks to Blackhawk Down and Braveheart through their respective media companies, before you go and glue them to your independent video. I know that Hans Zimmer and James Horner both are very protective (as they should be) of their intellectual rights and mechanical royalties, and have legions of lawyers to hunt you down while you're at tea and drop a lawsuit in your lap.

Just some thoughts.
Old 15 August 2004, 10:16
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:

OK. I HATE you. You little undisciplined, arrogant "student" fuck. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but since you already have your head up your ass, I don't think you'll physically get anything else up there.

As for our "sad problem". No stud. I think it is soon to be yours. At least in regards to hanging around THIS site....
Old 15 August 2004, 10:18
SOCNET Band Geek

also...

FYI: I tried to register on your website in a last-ditch effort to see if you just had a brain fart here on SOCNET, and you actually had any credibility anywhere in the virtual world. There's nothing on your site, and this is the message I get when I click the link from your registration email:

"Not Found
The requested URL /modules.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

...have a good entrenching tool? I have a feeling you'll need it if you want any help from SOCNET.
Old 15 August 2004, 10:43
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:

I don't hate you, but I DO hate your insolence. Why don't you just leave now before you are thrown out?

Just a "damn Instant messenger name?" SFOD-D is just a "DAMN...NAME?" I don't feel like explaing shit to you. I woke up in a good mood today and then saw your attitude shining out your ass, so I've changed my mind. I do hate you and your condescending, punk-ass impudence. Fuck you, your horse, and your future on this site.

Spin 'em up, I say.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 15 August 2004, 10:51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Longrifle
I don't hate you, but I DO hate your insolence. Why don't you just leave now before you are thrown out?

Just a "damn Instant messenger name?" SFOD-D is just a "DAMN...NAME?" I don't feel like explaing shit to you. I woke up in a good mood today and then saw your attitude shining out your ass, so I've changed my mind. I do hate you and your condescending, punk-ass impudence. Fuck you, your horse, and your future on this site.

Spin 'em up, I say.
Well said Longrifle.

Get rid of this punk!

Our new posting rules