Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 15 August 2004, 12:07
rna
Visitor

Deleted by Mod -- Wannabes need not participate in assclown bashing.

Last edited by SOTB; 15 August 2004 at 12:46.
Old 15 August 2004, 12:17
Been There Done That

He kid I got a purple smoke grenade for you...

JP
I heard a Green Beret say once to a man that failed a highly demanding school, "It is still the individual effort, the ability to take one more step, and to understand that the pain of finishing is more intense, but finite, however the pain of quitting is unbearable..... and eternal.
Old 15 August 2004, 12:55
#AllLionsMatter

Re: LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
You had to start this on a Monday.

Us "Yanks" are some what "grumpy" come Monday mornings...especially when we have not had that first cup of coffee.

I would highly suggest, that you read thru these forums and get a feel of what type of board this is!

First you...

Then you reply with my initial "quote".

You can not have it both ways. Either you care or you don't?

Your choice...take care.
Damn! Today is Sunday.

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 15 August 2004, 12:58
Banned User

Re: Re: LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
Damn! Today is Sunday.
Man...that coffee kicked in, didn't it.:D
Old 15 August 2004, 13:15
Confirmed User

deleted for posting whilst overtired...

Hoepoe

Last edited by Hoepoe; 15 August 2004 at 13:22.
Old 15 August 2004, 13:26
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Re: Re: LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
Damn! Today is Sunday.
Guy, you are still on Baghdad time today IS monday in Iraq!!:D

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 15 August 2004, 13:31
BTDT

Nah, it's 2120 :)

P
Old 15 August 2004, 13:50
#AllLionsMatter

LMAO...

Besides missing what day of the week it is, how many of y'all...had to re-learn how to drive normally?

I have ran stop lights and signs, swerved when something was in the road, reached for my pistol unconciously.

I even said "keep both hands on the fuckin steering wheel" and "No unnecessary talking or music while driving".

LMAO,

Take care.

Old 15 August 2004, 14:51
magoo41_59
Visitor

OK.....nice to see who to like here.

I opened up this thread with good intention and i had some help from a good guy called 'VMI_Marine' this guy seems good, he answered my question with some fantastic photos of when he was in A-stan, and some Iraq photos of his Unit ( iraq ones taken by an independany photographer)
So i was happy to see that i was getting a response.

....but no

'Ace' turns up and acts like a dick and has to ruin it, when all i'm trying to do is show a little respect, he throws it back in my face.
All of you here who use instant messengers should know that people don't name themselves from there own attributes/credentials ... and i don't think the highly professional SFOD D operators would make so much hassle from a insignificant (YES insignificant !!!) internet messenger name.

Quote:
You can not have it both ways. Either you care or you don't?
I know i can't have it both ways, but i care what the real professionals in here think, but on the other hand i don't care about the boring "i hate you, you adolesant fuck head, fuck you.....blah blah blah"
Those people (because i'm new) expect me to kneel down and suck there dick, and kiss their ass'.....they can shove that bullshit right back up thier butt's

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris1
and when one of them responds to you, something that would not happen away from this environment, where is that respect?
Grow up.
GROW UP !! whose the guy who (i think purposfully) went through my profile and extracted some really pointless shit....Why couldn't he respond like this instead ? :

"Hi, heres a link to some great pics from Iraq <link>
you could also use these <link>
good luck"

WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T HE DO THAT !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Army
2. Also, you may want to explore licensing rights for soundtracks to Blackhawk Down and Braveheart through their respective media companies, before you go and glue them to your independent video. I know that Hans Zimmer and James Horner both are very protective (as they should be) of their intellectual rights and mechanical royalties, and have legions of lawyers to hunt you down while you're at tea and drop a lawsuit in your lap.
I don't think copyright is brought in unless you made money from the material, which i won't be doing. I certainly hope thats the case....if not then i'm still gonna make it anyway (could you imagine the media, lol, "Tennager sued for making military tribute"...they'd get a rather bad name for doing something like that, lol, i'm not saying they wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Southoftheborder
OK. I HATE you. You little undisciplined, arrogant "student" fuck
Undisciplined ? what has that got to do with an INTERNET FORUM
And i think its you folks who are being arrogant, if i had posted the same thing 'Ace' did in another forum, would you back me up ? Would you fuck !

Quote:
Originally posted by Longrifle
Just a "damn Instant messenger name?" SFOD-D is just a "DAMN...NAME?" I don't feel like explaing shit to you.
YES IT IS JUST A FUCKIN NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its not like its 'Fuck_the_d_boys'
I did it because i respect them, and admire what they do.
I can see that you have VERY VERY VERY limited internet knowledge, so i'll just leave you boil-over and respond with another boring (pointless) reply

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Army
people like Randy Schugart and Gary Gordan. If you don't know who they are, my point is made.
Yes i know who they are, and yes i know of dan bush, and fillmore.....etc.

Why can't you people at SOCNET just help ?
what is stopping you from helping me make this video ??
Old 15 August 2004, 15:06
Deleted Member

Quote:
What is stopping you from going and reading the rules/FAQ's?

Oh, and as for the screenname thing, it's a tiny step to go from "I respect them so I use it" to "Oh, I used to be one". It's all about what you are attempting to portray yourself as. And BTW, how do you know that someone that earned that title HASN'T said something about it to you?

Yes, I appreciate that you want to do a tribute and I really do admire the sentiment. However, why not spend the same time and do something worthwhile rather than making yet another video? Spend some time volunteering at the local VA hospital, go do a canned goods/care package drive for the people overseas, do a fund raiser for SOWF, do something that MEANS something, not another video.

Whatever you do, do NOT come here whining about noone wanting to help you with pictures and videos when we even edit the stuff that we give to each other for OPSEC/PERSEC. (no shit, we really do)

And one last thing. Ace has every right to do whatever the fuck he wants on this board. He's a part of the groups that this board is made for, you, on the other hand, are a visitor with absolutely no purpose here except to annoy. Now go read the FAQ's and the stickied threads.

Jay
Old 15 August 2004, 15:08
#AllLionsMatter

Exclamation Slow down some...

Quote:
Originally posted by magoo41_59
Arrogance in this type of environment, especially with out credentials = "who are you"?

Now I'm being cordial and respectful however, I'm living with "DEMONS"...LMMFAO! (inside joke.):D

You need to relax and go outside and play, ride a bike, throw rocks at buddies and leave this alone for awhile.

If not...Oh well, don't say I didn't warn you!

BTW...Come up with something unique when insulting others here.

Take care and "checkers" ain't that bad!

Old 15 August 2004, 15:09
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
'Ace' turns up and acts like a dick and has to ruin it, when all i'm trying to do is show a little respect, he throws it back in my face.
All of you here who use instant messengers should know that people don't name themselves from there own attributes/credentials ... and i don't think the highly professional SFOD D operators would make so much hassle from a insignificant (YES insignificant !!!) internet messenger name.
You don't think at all and that is your problem. You have not clue one about the people who frequent this board.

Quote:
You are stopping you from making this video. You come here and shit in the pool and then expect someone to help you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 15 August 2004, 15:10
Arrogant Bastard

Re: Slow down some...

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy

Now I'm being cordial and respectful however, I'm living with "DEMONS"...

My ex wife is there with you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 15 August 2004, 15:12
magoo41_59
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by (1VB)compforce

Yes, I appreciate that you want to do a tribute and I really do admire the sentiment. However, why not spend the same time and do something worthwhile rather than making yet another video? Spend some time volunteering at the local VA hospital, go do a canned goods/care package drive for the people overseas, do a fund raiser for SOWF, do something that MEANS something, not another video.
I just got back from the grand canyon walking for charity.
Old 15 August 2004, 15:19
Confirmed User

Here's the comedy (or lack thereof in your case), magoo41_59...

You post a thread in the 'SEAL Phony Check' forum requesting a check on a person with JUST the suspect's picture and the yahoo instant messenger handle, "navysealnavy1". Meanwhile your handle is d_boy_SFOD_D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ons/bigeek.gif

Do you understand the logic yet? Instant Messenger conversation aside, the Yahoo username handles are solid claim's in themselves.

Here's the thread you posted in SEAL Phony Check
Old 15 August 2004, 15:22
magoo41_59
Visitor

WHEN DID I SAY I WAS IN DELTA !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I NEVER FUCKIN SAID IT YOU ASS'

and btw Navysealnavy1 TOLD me that he was a SEAL which he is not.

btw did i mention

I NEVER FUCKIN SAID I WAS IN DELTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your trying to words into my mouth
Old 15 August 2004, 15:25
US Army Veteran, Female Type, 1-ea.

magoo, when you use that IM handle you insult those that have earned the title whether you claim those creds or not.

Our 'neoconservatives' are neither new nor conservative, but old as Bablyon and evil as Hell.
Edward Abbey
Old 15 August 2004, 15:26
Confirmed User

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ry/smokes2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ticons/165.gif
Old 15 August 2004, 15:28
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by magoo41_59
WHEN DID I SAY I WAS IN DELTA !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I NEVER FUCKIN SAID IT YOU ASS'

and btw Navysealnavy1 TOLD me that he was a SEAL which he is not.

You need to relax a little.

btw did i mention

I NEVER FUCKIN SAID I WAS IN DELTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your trying to words into my mouth
Maybe you are the one that needs to calm down?

You have pointed out the crux of this issue. You are not now nor will you ever be in SFOD-D and thus do not rate to use it in any fashion on this board. What you do elsewhere is your own business, but as long as you plan on staying here (and I am guessing it wont be much longer) you would do well to remove anything from your profile that contains reference to any US SOF units.

If that does not make enough sense for you then check this out.

What's that sound?

Old 15 August 2004, 15:28
magoo41_59
Visitor

Why is that insulting winnie ?!?

i would be happy for people to use it if i where an operator.

Our new posting rules