Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 18 May 2009, 02:28
Confirmed User

g2gtactical has AE 9mm 124 gr for around .35 per rnd. I've been buying XM 193 from them over the last several months and have had no issues. They appear to be out now, but were averaging about .50 per rnd.
Old 1 July 2009, 15:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Another Guy View Post
There is not much selection locally for .410. Anybody know of a bulk source for any from #8 through slug?
Might check at your local Rural King; I saw just about everything you could ask for in .410 there when I was there this past weekend...
Old 30 July 2009, 15:40
Clan Stiùbhard (Stuart)..

I found a new guy that has some pretty good prices. Maybe a deal here or there. As you know, you have to dig sometimes

www.luckygunner.com
Old 6 December 2009, 08:56
The Sagacious One

Allied tactical Ammo, Anyone ever use it?

Has any one heard of Allied tactical Ammo? It is supposedly machine reloads (aren't they all?)

Most importantly, they are brass cases. The WOLF I shoot on the range is cheap, but steel cases, this costs a bit more than Wolf, but gives me the brass (probably at least twice loaded, by the time I shoot it)
Old 6 December 2009, 10:26
These ain't my pants.

Just ordered 2,500rds from https://tmjtrading.com/Home_Page.php . Haven't received it yet, so I'll let everyone know how things turn out. These guys had good feedback on gunbroker and on other forums, and their prices are pretty damn good, so I had to give them a shot.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 13 December 2009, 13:56
These ain't my pants.

Standby if you were considering ordering from the link I posted above. I still have not received a tracking number or package, and the order was placed on 11/29. Apparently many others are in the same boat as I am. Seems like this guy, who runs a small business, posted up on a lot of different web boards and oversold his inventory. I'll keep everyone updated.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 13 December 2009, 17:12
The Sagacious One

Fellas,

Ammunition to go Still has the best prices IMHO i.e. 1000 rds of 45 ACP Federal Eagle Ammo for $384.00 plus shipping. American Eagle in 9mm is under $14 a box of 50.
Old 16 December 2009, 12:33

ammo

I can sell 9mm 115 gr FMJ case is 250.00 plus shipping
or 115gr JHP 300.00 per case.10 case min, has to go ffl to ffl.
other calibers available.
Stay Safe!
Old 16 December 2009, 13:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndivr View Post
I can sell 9mm 115 gr FMJ case is 250.00 plus shipping
or 115gr JHP 300.00 per case.10 case min, has to go ffl to ffl.
other calibers available.
Stay Safe!
Curious. Why FFL to FFL?
Old 16 December 2009, 14:28

Thumbs up ammo

if it is shipped in the US it has to go to a ffl holder, it will come from california, all us made, we have an ffl,but as I read the law it has to go to another ffl dealer.Going overseas I would need an EUC.

I hope that answers your question, I will be off line for a while,please pm me with any questions.
Best,
DIVR
Old 16 December 2009, 16:10
The USA's Loose Cannon

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask

how many 9mm brass fit in a 55 gal drum - i just got 8 drums of the stuff out of the DRMO office - we shoveled it into steel drums have no clue how much i got
Old 16 December 2009, 17:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmedicw9 View Post

how many 9mm brass fit in a 55 gal drum - i just got 8 drums of the stuff out of the DRMO office - we shoveled it into steel drums have no clue how much i got
Just about 55 gallons worth.
Old 17 December 2009, 13:07

Question

Quote:
I can sell 9mm 115 gr FMJ case is 250.00 plus shipping or 115gr JHP 300.00 per case.10 case min, has to go ffl to ffl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Another Guy View Post
Why FFL to FFL?
Quote:
if it is shipped in the US it has to go to a ffl holder...as I read the law it has to go to another ffl dealer.
John –Could you please cite authority that restricts the shipment of ammo to FFL dealers only, so that I may “read the law” as well? Thank you.
Old 17 December 2009, 17:01
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
if it is shipped in the US it has to go to a ffl holder, it will come from california, all us made, we have an ffl,but as I read the law it has to go to another ffl dealer.Going overseas I would need an EUC.

I hope that answers your question, I will be off line for a while,please pm me with any questions.
Best,
DIVR
Then how is it that so many other companies will ship straight to your door?
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 17 December 2009, 17:13
Clan Stiùbhard (Stuart)..

I do not believe that it has to be shipped FFL to FFL unless silly California laws require it.
Old 17 December 2009, 17:26
Overseas Gunplumber

You do need to have an FFL to either ship or receive ammunition in the U.S. I buy ammo via the internet all the time and have never had to show more than proof of age (prior to ordering) and once on file I was GTG.

I have also sold ammo recently and shipped it via UPS and was also not required to have or show an FFL.

Quote:

Best,
DIVR

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 17 December 2009, 17:29
Overseas Gunplumber

BTW- Wideners has IMI 5.56 ammo in stock. IMI ammo is very good quality. Also, ammunitiontogo.com has real Hornady 5.56 75gr. TAP product# 8126N which is loaded to 5.56 specs. It's what I use for perp repellent.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 17 January 2010, 17:38
These ain't my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubs View Post
Standby if you were considering ordering from the link I posted above. I still have not received a tracking number or package, and the order was placed on 11/29. Apparently many others are in the same boat as I am. Seems like this guy, who runs a small business, posted up on a lot of different web boards and oversold his inventory. I'll keep everyone updated.

Stay away from TMJ Trading. After almost two months I still hadn't received my shipment so I contacted AMEX and am letting them dispute the order.

Old 5 February 2010, 06:59
BTDT

Ammo Search Engine.

I came across this site and it searches (for now) 22 different dealers for just about every Caliber starting from the cheapest price.

http://ammoseek.com/

Last edited by EATIII; 5 February 2010 at 07:01.
Old 5 February 2010, 07:11
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmedicw9 View Post

Get a 1 gallon bucket and count out how many thousand rounds it takes to fill it and then multiply accordingly.

Our new posting rules