Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 22 March 2010, 13:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeeNC View Post
After seeing many recommendations on other sites, Luke is doing mine this year.

Luke M. Fairfield
Certified Public Accountant
3711 Baker St .
San Diego , CA 92117
Office: 858.864.2087
Fax: 858.483.0428
Luke@fairfieldcpas.com
We used Luke too. Very happy with the service and price.
Old 26 March 2010, 15:48
Dream Liver

+1 on using Luke. This was my first year using him and he was professional and very quick. And he got me WAY more back than H&R block and Turbo Tax. I will be using him from now on.
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 28 January 2016, 18:14

Luke Fairfield arrested 2016

19 arrested in connection with drug, gambling ring:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31076659/19-arrested-in-connection-with-drug-gambling-ring
Old 28 January 2016, 19:32
Violent Social Worker

This seems like a good time to remind everybody that the only way a CPA or tax preparer can significantly "outperform" the competition is by cheating and leaving you exposed to an audit. The tax code is the tax code.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 28 January 2016, 20:28
Been There Done That

I have a lady I use here in Indiana. She is good to go, ethical and knows her stuff. Has been doing my taxes for over ten years. She understands the overseas stuff. She has done my taxes, several friends and family members as well - all of us very pleased.

If anyone wants her contact info, send me a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 28 January 2016, 21:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGreyman View Post
19 arrested in connection with drug, gambling ring:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31076659/19-arrested-in-connection-with-drug-gambling-ring
OK, that's it; Luke is off of my Christmas Card list.
Seriously, it sucks to hear this.
Old 29 January 2016, 01:53
Confirmed User

That's crazy!!

Winston Churchill
Old 29 January 2016, 03:07
Confirmed User

i heard some good and some bad reviews on Luke. I chose another lady in Georgia-- great service so far. About 30 dudes here are gonna be a bit late with their taxes this year....
Old 29 January 2016, 03:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootcentermass View Post
i heard some good and some bad reviews on Luke. I chose another lady in Georgia-- great service so far. About 30 dudes here are gonna be a bit late with their taxes this year....
You are the first person that I have heard that has said they had heard something bad about Luke. Not that it really matters anymore, but just curious as to what the bad reviews were? I would bet it would be way more than 30 dudes are going to be late if they don't see this.

Winston Churchill
Old 29 January 2016, 05:40

I have been using his partner Chris Hughes for a couple years. Received this e-mail today from him.

To My Clients:

Today’s news states that Luke Fairfield was involved in some way with some illegal schemes. In my opinion, nothing can be further from the truth. Luke was questioned by the authorities yesterday in connection with one of his clients who I do not know and who is not a contractor. The issue deals with a single client of Luke’s for whom he prepared taxes. He is in the office today and we are open for business as usual.

While Luke and I share an office and common expenses, we do not share clients. I was never questioned. All of your tax data is kept on a server that only includes my clients. The investigators were not interested in my server. In fact, I left my office with my server and worked from my home office yesterday. If I have filed a return for you in the past or this year, rest assured your data is safe and confidential. I will continue to provide the best level of professional services to you available anywhere. I value your business and our relationship and would be happy to see that relationship continue.

I’ve known Luke for eighteen years. He is one of the nicest and most generous people I have ever met. To watch someone with an impeccable reputation suffer suspicion of this magnitude is disheartening.

Sincerely,

Chris Hughes

3990 Old Town Ave., Ste. C305

San Diego, CA 92110

Phone: 619-895-3565

Fax: 619-639-0363
Old 30 January 2016, 12:17
Confirmed User

So yesterday morning after reading the news on Luke I called Chris Hughes left a voicemail asking for a new CPA because I thought Luke was done.
I received an email from Mellisa in the morning and later in the afternoon I received a email from Luke. Im sure some of you got the same one but Im going to post here:

Many of you have heard the recent news about allegations of wrongdoing on my part. The accusations against me are very serious but I want to assure everyone that I am not involved in this matter as the news is reporting and my attorneys will be doing everything they can to set the record straight. This is not an IRS matter and no information other than that of the persons included in the news was requested. I am sending this message to a distinct group of individuals with the hope that you will help let others know that I am in the office and preparing taxes as usual. I will continue to reach out to clients in the coming days. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly and I will answer them as best I can. I appreciate all your years of support, referrals and friendship and greatly regret the need to send this email. I look forward to continuing to assist you with all of your tax needs while this difficulty is worked out. Best to everyone out there,

Luke M. Fairfield
Luke@FairfieldCPAs.com
Old 31 January 2016, 10:26
Authorized Personnel

Luke is the man.

He has helped me immensely and helped me out a lot when I was going through a rough patch.

As far as I am concerned, if Luke is still practicing, (I really don't care what Fed allegations/potential charges, although they have seem to have been debunked) I will still use Luke and would give him a 200% personal recommendation to anyone.

I think that in the whole US, you would be hard pressed to find a CPA who knows more about Contractors and Ex-pats tax situations and is familiar with all the different countries and companies then Luke is... I actually challenge anyone to find me someone more of an SME then him on this aspect of tax law.

Regardless, his customer service, prices and timeliness in responding to e-mails etc is another facet I highly doubt would be hard to beat.

I was just about to write Luke an e-mail about my 2015 tax situation before I read this.. I am not hesitating a hair, Luke will do my taxes for this year and every year as long as he has pulse and is still practicing.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 31 January 2016, 15:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
Luke is the man.

He has helped me immensely and helped me out a lot when I was going through a rough patch.

As far as I am concerned, if Luke is still practicing, (I really don't care what Fed allegations/potential charges, although they have seem to have been debunked) I will still use Luke and would give him a 200% personal recommendation to anyone.

I think that in the whole US, you would be hard pressed to find a CPA who knows more about Contractors and Ex-pats tax situations and is familiar with all the different countries and companies then Luke is... I actually challenge anyone to find me someone more of an SME then him on this aspect of tax law.

Regardless, his customer service, prices and timeliness in responding to e-mails etc is another facet I highly doubt would be hard to beat.

Sltwtr1

OUT
100% agree
Old 31 January 2016, 21:56
In Vino Veritas

I just got an email from Luke today regarding my taxes. I don't have an issue with him completing my taxes this year. If I read the above correctly, Luke did someone's taxes who was involved with something illegal, correct? Meh, how many police officers here have been accused of something illegal and in the end it was unsubstantiated? It's not like the IRS caught him giving EVERYONE who contracts the 330 day exclusion...
Old 1 February 2016, 00:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
I just got an email from Luke today regarding my taxes. I don't have an issue with him completing my taxes this year. If I read the above correctly, Luke did someone's taxes who was involved with something illegal, correct? Meh, how many police officers here have been accused of something illegal and in the end it was unsubstantiated? It's not like the IRS caught him giving EVERYONE who contracts the 330 day exclusion...
Hot Mess,
I wrote an email to Melissa and Luke today and this was her response tonight how grateful I put Luke's email up on this board. She said she did not care if I posted it so here it is:

Bodie, can’t thank you enough for this, literally have tears in my eyes as I read it. This has been an amazingly difficult week and I am getting through it with the support of all the people who consider themselves my friends, which appears to be a lot of people judging by the outpouring of trust, sympathy and concern. I want to assure everyone I am not involved in this “organization” I am alleged to be linked to due to my tax work and friendship with a person that is turning out to be anything but a friend. My tax work for, and information of every other client I have is absolutely secure and in no way under question, nor is our firm under any scrutiny. If you want to post this, please do and from the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the support as I work through extracting myself legally from this mess.

Luke M. Fairfield
Office 858.864.2087
Fax 858.461.6085
Old 1 February 2016, 02:19
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper0 View Post
He is in the office today and we are open for business as usual.
100% truth right there. I sent Luke all my paperwork at about 10am my time Saturday, and got his first round of questions so he could finalize my return late Sunday afternoon. I didn't see this thread until now, and couldn't have guessed anything whatsoever is amiss in his office. If that isn't professionalism, I don't know what is.

Unless a jury puts him out of out of business, he'll have my business. Even though I haven't been doing 1099 work OCONUS since 2013, I've still been using him for my annual return. His work is top notch, his rates are more than fair (especially for a return involving 1099's and OCONUS work) and he's never let me down.
Old 2 February 2016, 11:07

They've done my taxes for the last three years and I won't hesitate to use them again next year.
Old 1 August 2017, 22:48
Calix Meus Inebrians

This is quite the junk punch...
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...321-story.html

I know we're supposed to offer up comments alongside article sharing posts, but I'm at a loss here.
Old 1 August 2017, 23:13
Confirmed User

^WOW!

Winston Churchill
Old 2 August 2017, 00:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
This is quite the junk punch...
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...321-story.html

I know we're supposed to offer up comments alongside article sharing posts, but I'm at a loss here.
I am beyond shocked and saddened to say the least..

I am also a little confused about something. I have checked three times and it says March 21st beside the reporters name and directly above the article.

I just looked, and I wrote Luke an e-mail on July 5th about tax preparation for 2018. Luke wrote me back and answered my questions/provided the service on the same day, July 5th.

The article also refers to a trial coming up in April, as in in the future from March.

So is he out on bail pending sentencing and still working as if all is normal? Did he cut a plea and wont do jail.. Can he still practice as a CPA if he pled guilty..?

Confused

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer

Our new posting rules