SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 11 October 2012, 16:21

I have a really fucking hard time believing that any of you know what you're talking about when you say you "know" all these women who are getting bennies for PTSD.

It took 5 YEARS for me to get a firm PTSD diagnosis and be accepted into the regular VA PTSD clinic. I was raped, dude all but admitted his guilt in leaving an evidence trail, things hit prosecution level - even with all that, I got kicked out immediately at the close of prosecution when they downgraded my PTSD diagnosis to "adjustment disorder" and used it to kick me out on a medical condition not a disability.

I would LOVE to know how all these women are getting special imaginary PTSD labels, because the veterans I know who were raped all went through similar shit as me.

This topic answers your question, though - we want our own facility so we don't have to go through all the slut shaming bullshit that some male veterans like to jump in with when they see a woman at the PTSD clinic.

I'm not a man-hater by any means, but when y'all start acting like assholes and downplaying our experiences, I can understand why so many female vets are.
Old 11 October 2012, 16:49
SOCNET Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I look at pretty much every single woman sexually. I obviously look at some sexually longer than others, but yeah -- I have a sexual meter in my brain that is rating each woman I meet/talk to, on a scale of whether I want to bend her over. So what? None of that is offensive -- and it is internally measured, anyway.

Gals like my wife's aunts, my friends' wives, giant and enormous cows -- immediately register as non-interesting in a sexual manner.

Gals that I find attractive move farther up the chart.

Gals that I REALLY find attractive, never -- ever -- are removed from thinking about them sexually.

But if I do nothing -- nothing -- to commo my thoughts to them, why is the above bad?

Some people are fucking assholes....
And this my friends is what all red blooded males have going through their minds. To think otherwise is just plain not accepting that we are all animals and just want to bang the best looking woman around to propagate the species!!!
Old 11 October 2012, 17:41
Swimming Upstream

There does seem to be a problem with labeling issues that arise during service as personality disorders/adjustment disorders or so I've heard. Seems to primarily be about saving $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepieanarchy View Post
I have a really fucking hard time believing that any of you know what you're talking about when you say you "know" all these women who are getting bennies for PTSD.

It took 5 YEARS for me to get a firm PTSD diagnosis and be accepted into the regular VA PTSD clinic. I was raped, dude all but admitted his guilt in leaving an evidence trail, things hit prosecution level - even with all that, I got kicked out immediately at the close of prosecution when they downgraded my PTSD diagnosis to "adjustment disorder" and used it to kick me out on a medical condition not a disability.

I would LOVE to know how all these women are getting special imaginary PTSD labels, because the veterans I know who were raped all went through similar shit as me.

This topic answers your question, though - we want our own facility so we don't have to go through all the slut shaming bullshit that some male veterans like to jump in with when they see a woman at the PTSD clinic.

I'm not a man-hater by any means, but when y'all start acting like assholes and downplaying our experiences, I can understand why so many female vets are.
Old 11 October 2012, 18:04
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepieanarchy View Post

They get it because they claim it. I've had no less than five female veterans admit to me that they claimed rape, though they later admit that they were afraid to get in trouble. You can say I'm making it up, that's fine.

It really sucks that something that horrible happened to you. You should be as pissed, if not more so, at those who would use your suffering to make a buck for themselves.

As for separate clinics, while I understand your frustration, that same reasoning should mean we need combat vet specific clinics, clinics by MOS, etc. What we NEED, instead of creating more "special" clinics, is to clean out the trash, the fake claims and scammers, and take care of those who need it.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 11 October 2012, 18:16
Hard to Kill

Didn't the article say female VA patients? I am willing to bet there are differences in the characteristics between female VA patients and all female soldiers. Maybe? Like the lengths one has to go to in order to complain of being assaulted or harassed.

That's what I read on the Internet, anyway.....
Back in my lane,
Mods please delete if this is in the wrong place
YMMV, IMHO, FWIW

Our new posting rules