SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 June 2019, 21:42
Aww F**K it

My son came over the other night and we grabbed a couple ball gloves and played catch for about two hours. Drank a couple beers together and talked about all kinds of things. It’s good to have him back around. He got into a devil of a girl that split him off from the family for a year and drained him of life and money. He finally saw the light and now he’s free and coming around again.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 16 June 2019, 21:45
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
My son came over the other night and we grabbed a couple ball gloves and played catch for about two hours. Drank a couple beers together and talked about all kinds of things. Itís good to have him back around. He got into a devil of a girl that split him off from the family for a year and drained him of life and money. He finally saw the light and now heís free and coming around again.
Good deal!
Old 16 June 2019, 21:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Dude, you should have let me know. I could have come up and been a 3d wheel. That's my old stomping grounds. I've caught about a million brook trout up on that mountain.
I'm sure that's what my wife wanted on her anniversary.

We enjoyed it so much, as we were checking out we made reservations for next year; maybe we can grab lunch or something.
Old 16 June 2019, 22:02
Shakin' the bush Boss

I grew up about 10 miles from there and now live about 45 mins from there. Let me know when ya'll head back, I can turn you onto some local attractions.
Old 16 June 2019, 23:25
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
My son came over the other night and we grabbed a couple ball gloves and played catch for about two hours. Drank a couple beers together and talked about all kinds of things. Itís good to have him back around. He got into a devil of a girl that split him off from the family for a year and drained him of life and money. He finally saw the light and now heís free and coming around again.
Great therapy for both of you, I'm sure.
Old 17 June 2019, 09:56
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
He was inspired by the Thai spelunkers.
Yep, figured if we got in trouble I could start a thread for advice.
Old 17 June 2019, 13:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
I grew up about 10 miles from there and now live about 45 mins from there. Let me know when ya'll head back, I can turn you onto some local attractions.
Didnt the Mtn Lake in that movie drain itself or something? I thought I saw a documentary or forensic type crime show about it.

Karl Childers
Old 17 June 2019, 14:10
Shakin' the bush Boss

Yeah, for some reason every 20 years or so it dries up, then fills back up and they can't seem to figure out why. Probably Trump's fault.
Old 17 June 2019, 14:33
been ***** **** that

Quote:
That is too cool , dude! I grew up playing ball and fast pitch softball with my Pa. He was a pitcher and I had to learn how to catch for him so he could practice a couple nights a week. I played mostly outfield and first base and those practice sessions with Pa improved my game!
Old 17 June 2019, 16:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason every 20 years or so it dries up, then fills back up and they can't seem to figure out why. Probably Trump's fault.
It's about a 1/10th the size it was back in the late 80s. Off putting at first. I blame global warming.
Old 17 June 2019, 18:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
It's about a 1/10th the size it was back in the late 80s. Off putting at first. I blame global warming.
Show I saw said it had a drain hole in the bottom that feed another stream on the other side of the mountain. The limestone native to the Appalachians made it possible to seep through or some shit.

Karl Childers
Old 17 June 2019, 21:56
The atomic zit

Just take a look down stream and see how many stills you see!
Old 18 June 2019, 00:43
Been There Done That

Having my youngest daughter here for three weeks. Introducing her to the history and sights of the SW part of the country.

She never knew about Los Alamos and the bomb. Liberal Washington State education is very lacking. She also never heard of Billy the Kid or Pat Garret... She did know that Tombstone was a movie. Had to explain that it was a town and about the gunfight ......

Lots of miles to do to fill in the blanks....
Old 18 June 2019, 01:39
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Having my youngest daughter here for three weeks. Introducing her to the history and sights of the SW part of the country.

She never knew about Los Alamos and the bomb. Liberal Washington State education is very lacking. She also never heard of Billy the Kid or Pat Garret... She did know that Tombstone was a movie. Had to explain that it was a town and about the gunfight ......

Lots of miles to do to fill in the blanks....
It ain't all her fault. Different era than we grew up in. Am glad you got to spend time with her. I wore my new Val Kilmer Tombstone shirt to work tonight.
Old 18 June 2019, 06:44
Authorized Personnel

Teaching a neighbors kid to ride a bike. I made a handle with some rods from an old TV antenna so I could hold him up. No skinned knees and it only took a couple hours. It's a shame when your dad is too busy with beer.
Old 18 June 2019, 07:08
The atomic zit

Good work. I’ll ask my father tomorrow. If I remember, I was five, he held on to the back of the seat for a little guidance and balance. By the time I was pedaling, he was a half a block away!!!
Old 18 June 2019, 13:08
Been There Done That

Granddaughter made All-stars. My wife ask me about some call the umpire made. I told her I am just a spectator for these games. I get to be a Grandparent not a coach. It is so different. I think I like it.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 18 June 2019, 14:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Teaching a neighbors kid to ride a bike. I made a handle with some rods from an old TV antenna so I could hold him up. No skinned knees and it only took a couple hours. It's a shame when your dad is too busy with beer.
You sound like you got a little hillbilly in you OCB. Never throw nothing away that can be used for....something.

Karl Childers
Old 21 June 2019, 18:27
Been There Done That

My wife hates that till something breaks and I walk out to the shop, do a little tinkering, come back inside and fix it. Redneck/Hillbilly I like to call it resourceful.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 21 June 2019, 18:58
Anesthetized User

Annealed 200 pieces of 300 WINMAG brass and 100 pieces of 257 Weatherby brass.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.

Our new posting rules