SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 18 June 2019, 19:43
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Did expect him to be a savior?
I think it's a fair statement that many if not most who voted for him expected exactly that.

"Hope dies last"- my wife

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 19 June 2019, 08:23
BTDT

I expected him to shine enough light on the shit show that americans would step up and become THEIR OWN saviors.

Alas - collectively, Americans citizens clearly dont care anymore.
Most modern day Americans suck and deserve whatever the government foists upon them.

The article sounds like the only "cult" in this story is the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 19 June 2019, 10:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
I think it's a fair statement that many if not most who voted for him expected exactly that.

"Hope dies last"- my wife
I don't agree. Most probably see him as a FU to the system.

Either way, I wasn't addressing them and "many, if not most" has no bearing on my comment.
Old 19 June 2019, 12:21
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Most probably see him as a FU to the system.
Concur.

A lot of lefty voters either crossed over or stayed home because Hillary screwed over Bernie, and Trump was their giant middle finger to the system. A lot of righty voters were tired of candidates and presidents who talked out of both sides of their mouth during campaign years but governed as big-government unlimited-spending liberals who pussed out when criticized by the MSM, and Trump was their giant middle finger to the system.

POTUS is a lifelong New Yorker whose personal values reflect the environment of wealthy residents of New York City: he trusts law enforcement more than gun owners, and defers to the opinions of law enforcement agencies over the 2nd Amendment; he sees abortion as a women's rights issue, not infanticide or eugenics or a moral issue; he opposes big government because he hates red tape bureaucracy, but he only wants a more efficient big government, not a return to federalism or a government restricted by the Constitution; and he has been as supportive of gay rights across the board as his predecessor was, just more quietly because the gay-friendly media has refused to give him positive coverage. In all those areas and several more, POTUS has more in common with the denizens of blue states and districts than red ones.

I voted for Trump because he pissed off the leadership of both parties and was running against someone I consider to be not just bad but plain old evil. You don't have to outrun the bear as long as you can outrun the fat kid, and POTUS was an all-around better candidate than Clinton. I have yet to see a Democrat candidate who can successfully run against him if the election is anywhere close to fair (I'd say Tulsi Gabbard comes closest to the candidate they would need to win the general election, but she isn't leftist enough to win the primaries).

Based on that, I'll probably vote for Trump again simply because he's the least bad candidate available, and I'm not looking for a savior in the Oval Office, just a delaying action in the country's swirl around the drain. Things can only get better on a lasting basis after the worst phase has passed of one or more of the three bad things that can wipe away the current mess - a natural disaster of biblical proportions, or a supernatural intervention of biblical prophecy, or an armed popular uprising of the 1775 variety.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 19 June 2019, 15:45
Been There Done That

Well said. Never thought he would be a Savior, but at same time did not think he would be pushing the progressive agenda on some issues. And was hoping he would get on that 50 state reciprocity like he promised. And was hoping he would drain the swamp, relieve some people more so than is currently happening. Cannot day been happy with him, though the argument can be made that things are better than with Hillary.

Tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Maybe better to just let things collapse and start over. Or just retreat more and more into isolation as I am and watch it all burn. Or maybe the 3% will actually do something rather than just talk.
Old 19 June 2019, 16:12
BTDT

Pro is the opposite of Con - by association that means that CONgress will never make any real PROgress. It's like drug companies - they don't want to "cure" diseases - they just want to "treat" diseases. Chris Rock says it best.........

Ain’t no money in the cure, the money’s in the medicine… that’s how a drug dealer makes his money—on the come-back.”

Our political representation in DC is no different - they are little more than drug pushers, pimps, and whores. There is no money in PROgress. The money ALL lies in campaigning for progress -collecting money to "raise awareness" of the problem - not actually solving the problem.

Is it any wonder that CONgress and CONman have so much in common?
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 19 June 2019, 16:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Pro is the opposite of Con - by association that means that CONgress will never make any real PROgress. It's like drug companies - they don't want to "cure" diseases - they just want to "treat" diseases. Chris Rock says it best.........

Ain’t no money in the cure, the money’s in the medicine… that’s how a drug dealer makes his money—on the come-back.”

Our political representation in DC is no different - they are little more than drug pushers, pimps, and whores. There is no money in PROgress. The money ALL lies in campaigning for progress -collecting money to "raise awareness" of the problem - not actually solving the problem.

Kind of one of the reasons we have been in Afghanistan for almost 18 years. Lot of money to be made in a prolonged war.
Old 19 June 2019, 16:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
I voted for Trump because he pissed off the leadership of both parties and was running against someone I consider to be not just bad but plain old evil.
I would've voted for a ham-sandwich if it was the only viable option to keep Hillary Clinton out of the Oval Office.

All that "middle-finger to..." and "pissing off the parties" stuff aside. I didn't vote FOR anyone. I cast my vote AGAINST someone by voting for the person MOST likely to defeat her. I sat in the voting-booth for probably 5 minutes, thinking "I don't want Trump to win, but a vote for Johnson is a wasted vote, plus he's an idiot" lather-rinse-repeat. I finally decided that the REAL problem was Hillary. My solution was voting for her most viable opponent.

I voted for Trump.

The lesser of two evils actually turned out better than I imagined.
Old 19 June 2019, 17:42
Confirmed User

I had a conversation with one of my ER Docs, a couple days ago. He's a Navy Reserve doc who has had three deployments since Ive known him. Solid conservative, but he really doesn't like the CINC. I asked him, other than not keeping his mouth shut at times, what has the President really done wrong. He couldn't come up with anything. I've never been a Trump supporter, but if the election were held today, he's done well enough to earn my vote. Not a single Dem candidate I'd vote for.
Old 19 June 2019, 18:13
Never to old to learn

one of the reasons I voted for Trump was he kicked shit out of all the others running. As a GOP, A few of them were RINO's
Old 20 June 2019, 00:04
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

Awesomely put.

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 20 June 2019, 02:49
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.
Best you can do until a unicorn comes along.
No candidate will ever be perfect in all ways.
Old 20 June 2019, 08:38
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Best you can do until a unicorn comes along.
No candidate will ever be perfect in all ways.
This. I'm not sure when the voting electorate decided that you need to agree with POTUS 100% of the time. And if you don't then that guy sucks. I don't agree with my wife 100% of the time.
To me, it was about voting for someone who would actually care about the little guy as much as possible, without damaging the economy, defense, etc at the same time.
IMHO, Pres. Trump has doen that more often than not.
Of course he's done and said things I disagree with, but he's done more with little or no help than any POTUS I can think of in recent memory. I will gladly vote for him again adn have no qualms about it.
Old 20 June 2019, 20:23
Been There Done That

Once again, and example of public funded indoctrination - and shame on the liberal sheep parents who take their children to events like this. This is the threat on America, not Iran.

https://onenewsnow.com/education/201...h-pride-for-pa
Old 20 June 2019, 20:27
Been There Done That

At least a win today though. Sad that two SCOTUS are some liberally bent they don’t see it the way, or that it even made it’s way to the Supreme Court. Really, a Cross on a WWI Memorial is offensive/bad?

https://www.apnews.com/6157d29563584c35a2adf6a004f89117
Old 21 June 2019, 07:50
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Once again, and example of public funded indoctrination - and shame on the liberal sheep parents who take their children to events like this. This is the threat on America, not Iran.

https://onenewsnow.com/education/201...h-pride-for-pa
One thing that is unclear. What parent is allowing their children there? It always seems like there's plenty of kids in attendance. Is this something that the library springs on them, or what? If nobody showed up for this shitshow, then they would fade away
Old 21 June 2019, 07:52
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
At least a win today though. Sad that two SCOTUS are some liberally bent they don’t see it the way, or that it even made it’s way to the Supreme Court. Really, a Cross on a WWI Memorial is offensive/bad?

Two justices, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas, said they would have thrown out the lawsuit by the cross’ challengers altogether. Gorsuch wrote that people offended by religious displays shouldn’t be able to sue over them. Gorsuch wrote that in “a large and diverse country, offense can be easily found” and that the answer shouldn’t be a lawsuit. He pointed out that many Washington buildings including the Supreme Court include religious symbols in their decoration.

Right here is a big reason where Pres. Trump has done a good job. He's getting more conservative minded/constitutional following judg4es back on the benches.
Old 21 June 2019, 08:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

We have a similar case going on in Pensacola at the moment. I wanted to link a story, but its a publication forbidden from being posted on this site. It is the Bayview Park Cross in Pensacola. Funny thing though, the heathen bitch that filed the lawsuit, also lost in the race for Congress against Matt Gaetz. Said heathen was just arrested 2 weeks ago for battery on Congressman Gaetz when she threw a drink and hit him with it at his town hall in Pensacola. Karma
Old 21 June 2019, 08:08
BTDT

Quote:
Two justices, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas, said they would have thrown out the lawsuit by the cross’ challengers altogether.
I wonder how Merrick Garland would have ruled on this case.....

I am surprised that Breyer and Kagan ruled in favor of the decisions - not at all surprised that Sodamaker and Lord Bader held to their liberal roots.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 22 June 2019, 12:04
Confirmed User

And just 3 days after President Trump annunces his re-election campaign BOOM another allegation of a sexual attack on yet another ugly woman by citizen Trump.......

Strange that THIS accuser never popped up in the LAST election and that she is ALSO promoting a book........

Our new posting rules