SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 9 June 2019, 19:10
Psalm 91:2

Pray for me

Please pray for me. My husband had a heart attack at work on Monday and died. It was totally unexpected. He was fine when he left & we did our normal goodbye kiss and telling each other we love each other. An hour later he was gone.

We were married for almost 25 years but together for 26 years.

I donated any organs that might help anyone. Had him cremated and per his wishes no service or memorial. I told all our family and friends to get together and have a party and celebrate his life and talk about the good times. And to be thankful he has gone on to be with the Lord.

Instead of flowers I requested people donate to the Navy SEAL Foundation in his name. We donate every year in honor of Cass. That is more appropriate that wasting money on flowers.

We both decided to be cremated with no muss or fuss. No memorials or services. And no spending money on flowers etc. and pick something like The Navy SEAL Foundation to donate to instead of flowers.

I donít now whether Iím coming or going.

Iím lost witoutbmy Lover of 26 years. Thatís what we called each other. Instead of honey or darling we called each other lover.

He was my one and only. Never wanted to be married before I met him. Donít think Iíll ever want to again. He was my soulmate. God made him just for me and made me just for him.

Iíve had some things happen that showed the Lordís hand in all this.

On Tuesday after I left the funeral home I wrote his obituary and the Scripture I immediately went to was John chapter 14 verse 1-6.

Then Thursday I finally went through his phone because he gets reminders for credit card payments etc. In his notes I found where he had been doing Bible study and making notes. They all had to do with being ready at any moment should God call you home. Being right with the Lord.

Then Saturday when I was really hurting and upset I decided to do some Bible study. I started to do it on my own but just as I got started I decided to check his phone again and I found where he had studied John chapter 14 verses 1-6. The exact Scripture I used in his obituary on Tuesday.

He also had a notation in relation to that Scripture. ďFinally HomeĒ by Mercy Me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlxFee1mRtE

When Iím most upset I keep finding these little things. Things he noted months ago.

Sorry Iím rambling. Today has been a bad day. Iím thinking about having to pick up his cremains tomorrow.

He told me to flush the down the toilet. Of course I wonít do that.

We go to the beach every year. In October to Pompano Beach and In December to Panama City Beach. We do 2-3 weeks at each place. Been going for about 15 years. We have reservations for this October and December. I am thinking about keeping the reservations and going by myself and scattering half his ashes in Pompano Beach and half in Panama City.

I just donít want to be around people right now. Though I do have a girls night out planned with some of my girlfriends to remember my husband. One of my friends drove me to the hospital and was with me when the Dr came in and pronounced him dead. My nephew was also there and drove me home.

As you can see Iím pretty scatter brained right now.

Itís hard not having him here. Yesterday I forgot and yelled and told him his phone was going off but then I remembered he was gone. I got the phone and just looked at it and cried. Iíve been sleeping with one of his shirts that has his scent on it.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 9 June 2019, 19:14
Shakin' the bush Boss

Deepest condolences Linda. I don't know what to say other than we're pulling for ya.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:19
Make a desert and call it peace.

God Bless. My Condolences. S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith

ďThe consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.Ē
- Robert E. Lee
Old 9 June 2019, 19:19
Been There Done That

Prayers for you.
May he Rest In Peace.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:22
Isiah 52:13-53:12

Prayers out to you and yours Linda. Lost my dad a year and a half back and watched my mom go through some of what you describe. Heartbreaking to say the least. We were all saddened but, for me, I knew he was finally pain free and truly home. A sudden loss is more shocking but the hurt and mourning is the same. It gets better with time and on your timeline of mourning. My deepest condolences.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

ďA little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.Ē -Francis Bacon
Old 9 June 2019, 19:25
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

My sincerest condolences. May you be comforted by his memory until you see your husband again.

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 9 June 2019, 19:27
Authorized Personnel

Linda, you are in our thoughts, so sorry.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:32
Doing What Grunts Do

I am truly sorry for your loss, Linda! I really am. At a time like this, many are at a loss for words, so with that said, I don't feel you are rambling at all. You and your family will certainly be in my prayers for peace during this chapter in your life.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:38
Freelancer

Sorry for your loss ma'am.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:39
Been There Done That

Condolences. Keep standing. May your husband Rest In Peace.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:47
killjoy

Linda, my heart goes out to you. I am so saddened to read this and can't imagine what you're going through. I think it's a great idea to scatter his ashes at those beaches where the two of you had so many good vacations.

I pray for you and your family. You're a strong gal, I've always admired you. Please be well and keep in touch with us. God rest his soul and bless yours.
Old 9 June 2019, 19:50
Been There Done That

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your love ones...
Old 9 June 2019, 19:50
BTDT

May he rest in peace.

Stay strong Linda, and God Bless.

T
Old 9 June 2019, 19:55
Swimming Upstream

Hi Linda,

Nothing I say can really help. How the heck can one prepare for what is happening to you? To try to prepare would be to deny joy in life as some sort of protection against exquisite pain.

Remain in the present, take one moment at a time. Don't "what if" or "if only" as neither will make any difference other than to make you miserable.

"Fear Not, for I have overcome the world"
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 9 June 2019, 20:06
Been There Done That

Prayers for you- my wife lost her Mom in Jan pretty unexpectedly although she was 94. She was/is devastated. It will take time but you're strong enough to see this through.
Old 9 June 2019, 20:08
FIDO

So sorry for your loss. Come her anytime, we are here for you. You will be in my prayers.
Old 9 June 2019, 20:08
The atomic zit

Prayer out.

In God’s name we pray, Amen!
Old 9 June 2019, 20:12
Confirmed User

I am so sorry.
Old 9 June 2019, 20:19
Confirmed User

I am sorry to hear/read this.
My condolences for your loss.

If you need anything please do not hesitate to reach out.
I will be down that way helping my parents relocate from Ohio to Florida in a couple of weeks, and I am always available.
Old 9 June 2019, 20:24
Confirmed User

So very sorry for your loss Linda....damn. Prayers out. May he rest in peace and you find solace

Our new posting rules