SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 July 2015, 01:06
Been There Done That

I always thought Taiwan would be the inflammatory point between the US & China. I don't know maybe this is it. I do know this...the American people are for the most part fucking stupid. Regardless of education. The general population really don't give a shit about anything until it affects them personally. I see stupid every day. That's why I live in the country, so I don't have to deal with stupid fucking people. That's why I shop @ 2 or 3 am. I would rather push my buggy around stocking carts than stupid fucking people. Any kind of deal with Iran is fucking stupid. Fuck them. I have hated those fucks since they embarrassed us during the Carter years. As far as any POTUS, I think they say great things in campaigns then get into office and can't do what they said because they are "handled." There has been a dark cloud over DC for a long time and while I can't figure it all out... I know the govt is into some dirty shit. SB was right, the republic is fucked. So prepare. How much in the cuss jar?

Karl Childers
Old 23 July 2015, 04:01
Confirmed User

This pretty much sums it up. All the better with volume.
Titled
"The chief Iranian negotiator goes on television to candidly reflect on the negotiating process with the United States."

https://www.youtube[dot]com/watch?v=1hIz_vkZH5k
Old 23 July 2015, 04:38
Sardonic Fattist

I just watched this video a minute ago. Allen West lambasting POTUS about the Iran deal. If it's a re-post feel free to beat me up.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d7_1437634392
He seems to hit the nail on the head
Old 23 July 2015, 07:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
If they truly meant the "death to" part, they've had 25 years to try and make it happen, yet the best they can do is fund proxy fighters and send their own people into some situations where it's easy to do so, like Iraq. Lord knows we have plenty of targets all over the Middle East for them to choose from if they want to make an open fight of it.

I don't consider Iran a non-threat, and I think this treaty was pure fucktardery, but "death to America" has been their battle cry for a generation now. Their actions don't exactly show they are serious engaging in more than low level events to bring it about.
They have a lot going on that they have to handle and America is a long way away.

First they had to handle Saddam during the Iran Iraq war, then they had to build up the Syrian government and get everyone to believe that Allawites are Shia (no easy task) then they had to consolidate their gains in Lebanon, then they had to counter us in the Shia corner of Afghanistan and Iraq, then they had to crush their internal opposition during the green revolution and support the Shia in Yemen.

Add in bombings in Jordan, Argentina, Lebanon, the IRGC raid on the CA compound in Karbala, countering sanctions, counterfeiting US money, dealing with Stuxnet and an Israeli assassination program and making connection with Mexican drug cartels to carry out ops in America and you have a very busy schedule.

Death to America takes time, Persians work through proxies (Satraps) and take the long term strategic approach as they did with Rome.

Be patient with this agreement we will have peace in our time.
Old 23 July 2015, 16:57
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

This administration and their Liberal media cheerleaders are calling this an "achievement". Here's a handy way of explaining the nuclear inspections to your friends that are Lib/Left-Challenged.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iran deal.jpg (32.1 KB, 379 views)
Old 24 July 2015, 08:03
Confirmed User

http://www.timesofisrael.com/report-...mical-weapons/

Anyone got the full WSJ article? ^ And who thinks this would never, ever happen in Iran. /pinkypromise

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal account said international inspectors in 2013 only entered sites declared by Syria as chemical weapons labs, and fearing Damascus would end its cooperation — and fearing for their personal safety — were reluctant to press their hosts for more information and to demand access to other suspicious facilities.

“Because the regime was responsible for providing security, it had an effective veto over inspectors’ movements. The team decided it couldn’t afford to antagonize its hosts, explains one of the inspectors, or it ‘would lose all access to all sites.’ And the inspectors decided they couldn’t visit some sites in contested areas, fearing rebels would attack them,” the report said.

“Under the terms of their deployment, the inspectors had access only to sites that the Assad regime had declared were part of its chemical-weapons program. The US and other powers had the right to demand access to undeclared sites if they had evidence they were part of the chemical-weapons program. But that right was never exercised, in part, inspectors and Western officials say, because their governments didn’t want a standoff with the regime,” continued the report.
Old 24 July 2015, 12:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soutpiel View Post
I just watched this video a minute ago. Allen West lambasting POTUS about the Iran deal. If it's a re-post feel free to beat me up.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d7_1437634392
He seems to hit the nail on the head

That is all net baby!!

Why can't there be more like Allen West who just lay it out like it really is?
Old 28 July 2015, 07:40
Been There Done That

Paragraph 36

Like ObamaCare, this Iran agreement gets better as we have have time to read it. The below article opines on Paragraph 36 of the deal. I laughed, thinking that exactly 35 days after Iran gets their $150 B, they increase their funding for terrorism and placate their citizens.

Iran agreement: Why you should read Paragraph 36

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...d-paragraph-36

Last Tuesday, a 159-page PDF of the Iran nuclear agreement dropped into my inbox. Scrolling down to page 19, I checked out Paragraph 36. I suggest you do the same. Plenty of provisions in the Vienna agreement will get attention in the coming weeks, but Paragraph 36 may be the most important of all.

Paragraph 36 tells us when and how the agreement might end. Both friend and foe have touted this deal as “historic” and promised (or moaned) that its provisions will stay in place for the long term. But in practice, this is not a ten-year agreement or a fifteen-year agreement or an eternal agreement. Paragraph 36 tells us the truth: Any party—be it Iran or a future U.S. president—can essentially ditch the Iran nuclear deal with 35 days' notice.

Rest of story at above link.
Old 28 July 2015, 08:16
Been There Done That

I don't think the Iranians will will break the deal under Paragraph 36, simply because they'll do whatever they want anyway. They KNOW the US won't call them on it because the current administration doesn't have the courage to do so. Neither will Hillary Clinton.

The paper agreement is all that matters for the politicians.
Old 28 July 2015, 08:52
Calix Meus Inebrians

While all the info I've been able to find has been confined to opinion pages (some link to a WSJ article that I can't read without a login) if this is true, it's the political mechanisms at their finest within the administration. Outsourcing to the IAEA on this one is unsat, and if true, it's obvious they allowed it to skirt the disclosure requirements Congress set up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...opinions_pop_b
http://www.bloombergview.com/article...understandings
Old 28 July 2015, 14:43
Been There Done That

Iranians are pretty good people for the most part, I saw quite a few faces in the crowd chanting "Death to America" that were clearly not onboard the propaganda machine. Another thing is that their military for the most part is a huge paper tiger, compulsory service that no one wants to do, pays nothing, and is a running joke. No real combat skills or training unless you count strapping a bomb to themselves.

What's the point since we know they also fund more committed and dangerous groups elsewhere? I wouldn't give up hope that there will eventually be a day of reckoning for the mullahs.

Does not change my view that the whole thing is a travesty and should be nixed. I'm not hating on the Iranian people for being weak kneed submissives anymore then GenX here. Fuck you GenX!
Old 28 July 2015, 14:54
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Neither will Hillary Clinton.

I disagree on this.

She will need to be the example for the first female POTUS so she'll have no issue with acting overly hawkish for political gain.

She needs to appeal to both parties (and followers) to lock down a second term. She is a lot more politically savvy than POTUS Obama, she will know how to play both sides.

Right now she is backing POTUS Obama, who knows how this will change as events unfold.
I despise her, but she shouldn't be underestimated, she's been doing this game for a long time.

Last edited by Matchanu; 28 July 2015 at 15:04.
Old 28 July 2015, 15:59
Administrator

She will use her hawkish power to crush Americans, not Iranians.

I see no reality where she will exert power towards the Iranians. She went out of her way to ensure an ambassador was less than protected and there are no indications she would protect America.
Old 28 July 2015, 17:00
BTDT

She will protect a select few Americans to the extent needed to retain her status and standing - not a step further.
...beyond that, everyone else is just a speed bump.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 28 July 2015, 21:39
Been There Done That

She will do what dems do. Continue to keep as many minorities, illegals, the low income & the impoverished hooked on govt. subsidiaries in order to keep that demographic vote. They don't want to help them rise out of poverty. Just their vote & your tax dollars.

Karl Childers
Old 29 July 2015, 09:53
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post

I see no reality where she will exert power towards the Iranians.

If not Iran, then somewhere else, perhaps some no face ISIS terror threat or something. I still think Iran is going to be a testing ground for her power projection. Although her current strategy is supporting POTUS Obama's plan with Iran, I think that is nothing much more than riding the popular (Dem) wave. That may all change once the political opportunity arises.

We'll see, but I'm predicting she'll utilize military power at some point in her term (if elected) and there will be a lot of "you go girl" from the feminist voice. It's a win, win for her administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
She went out of her way to ensure an ambassador was less than protected and there are no indications she would protect America.

Which is why I don't underestimate her will to sacrifice "pawns" at her discretion for political gain (in the Benghazi case, to make sure the noise of this attack was muffled so the re-election campaign went smoothly).

I don't think POTUS Bush was evil, just incompetent. I don't think POTUS Obama is evil, just an arrogant 0-1 who took over a command and refuses to listen to the senior enlisted, his way or nothing at all.

Hillary however, her intent seems far more nefarious. I don't know what her end game is, but I have no doubt she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants and that includes sacrificing anyone and everyone.
Old 29 July 2015, 10:15
Been There Done That

Have to say I agree with your post Matchanu. Good insight of what is to come, when/if Hillary is elected.
Old 29 July 2015, 10:51
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu View Post
We'll see, but I'm predicting she'll utilize military power at some point in her term (if elected) and there will be a lot of "you go girl" from the feminist voice...
I agree, all except for the "if". When she is elected, she'll use military force the first time it's appropriate in order to prove that her balls are just as big as our other presidents.

They'll claim she has big brass ovaries.
Old 29 July 2015, 10:56
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu View Post
your post.
Concur. Very well put.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 29 July 2015, 11:08
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
I agree, all except for the "if". When she is elected, :
I'm trying to remain optimistic.

Our new posting rules