SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 May 2019, 08:18
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post
My ideal foreign policy cycle would be: Neglect, Ignore, Deny, Overreact, Destroy, Depart.
That makes way too much sense to become policy.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 May 2019, 15:54
Confirmed User

Hamas denied the presence of missiles in the Gaza Strip that are directed towards Persian Gulf states, after Iraqi politician Ayad Allawi said in an interview with Iraq’s Al-Sharqiya television network that Israel has discovered and photographed ballistic missile pads in the Gaza Strip.

“According to the information I have, the Israeli intelligence has discovered and taken photos of the missile pads after the Israelis attacked Hamas in the Gaza Strip,” he said. “They handed the photos of the ballistic and other missiles to the Americans.”

Allawi said that according to information he has received, there are also missile pads in the Iraqi city of Basra.

“The missile pads in the Gaza Strip, Syria and Iran are directed towards the Gulf states,” he said. “The Americans have seen the photos. I heard this from an important American official with whom I recently met. He told me this in the presence of two other Iraqis.”

It would be hilarious if Hamas fired missiles at a gulf state. What a miscalculation....do it, fuckers.
Old 16 May 2019, 16:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
And let us remember the reason Iran so despises us. Making sure their elections were invalidated, cause how it would effect our pockets way back when. So thus our influence and resources used to install our puppet. Maybe the USA should just completely get out of the Middle East and not meddle in their affairs anymore. Let them work things out for themselves.
This is a fairly simplistic viewpoint which doesn't really match facts on why they "hate us."

In fact, the average Iranian probably doesn't hate us at all. They're in a country that has allowed asshole's who think they have a direct line to allah to dictate hate and murder as their way of dealing with the world.
Old 16 May 2019, 16:16
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
It would be hilarious if Hamas fired missiles at a gulf state. What a miscalculation....do it, fuckers.
Maybe the point is to make it appear to the targeted areas that the missiles came from Israel.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 May 2019, 16:25
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
My ideal foreign policy cycle would be: Neglect, Ignore, Deny, Overreact, Destroy, Depart.
One of our resident IT brainiacs needs to figure out a way to discreetly hack this into the respective services' war college syllabi. *

*Army: Syllamabuses
Old 16 May 2019, 16:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Maybe the point is to make it appear to the targeted areas that the missiles came from Israel.
They know better. For all the arab/Muslim anti Israel bullshit, there are 0 nations in the area that are afraid of an uninstigated Israeli first strike. Especially now, Iran has caused there to be a clear warming of relations between the Arab nations and Israel (even if the people still hate Jews).
Old 16 May 2019, 17:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
How does that differ from what we've been doing?

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 16 May 2019, 17:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
How does that differ from what we've been doing?
The invasion of Afghanistan would have been a punitive raid.

The invasion of Iraq in 2003 would have never happened.

-Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este
Old 16 May 2019, 18:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
The invasion of Afghanistan would have been a punitive raid.

The invasion of Iraq in 2003 would have never happened.

-Stan
I get your opinions and share them. But your ideal foreign policy cycle certainly appears to be the one that's also favored by our government.

"Overreact" could also be substituted for "Unnecessary and Prolonged Involvement"

I guess then again there's no money to be made if we ensure we don't overreact every single time.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 16 May 2019, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Hamas denied the presence of missiles in the Gaza Strip that are directed towards Persian Gulf states, after Iraqi politician Ayad Allawi said in an interview with Iraq’s Al-Sharqiya television network that Israel has discovered and photographed ballistic missile pads in the Gaza Strip.

“According to the information I have, the Israeli intelligence has discovered and taken photos of the missile pads after the Israelis attacked Hamas in the Gaza Strip,” he said. “They handed the photos of the ballistic and other missiles to the Americans.”

Allawi said that according to information he has received, there are also missile pads in the Iraqi city of Basra.

“The missile pads in the Gaza Strip, Syria and Iran are directed towards the Gulf states,” he said. “The Americans have seen the photos. I heard this from an important American official with whom I recently met. He told me this in the presence of two other Iraqis.”

Have CNN cover it live using a Maitre D: Hamas, party of 5000, your table is ready in the glass parking lot.
Old 16 May 2019, 18:55

Quote:
I get your opinions and share them. But your ideal foreign policy cycle certainly appears to be the one that's also favored by our government.

"Overreact" could also be substituted for "Unnecessary and Prolonged Involvement"

I guess then again there's no money to be made if we ensure we don't overreact every single time.
Overreact could also be construed as I mentioned above in a joking manner:
"Fuck 'em, Turn the region into a glass parking lot."

Nothing says loving like a Thermonuclear Oven!

Overreact defined.
Old 16 May 2019, 18:57
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
But your ideal foreign policy cycle certainly appears to be the one that's also favored by our government.
The U.S. Government, including the current administration, lacks the moral courage to execute my ideal foreign policy cycle.

They may think like me privately, or talk like me during the campaign, but once elected / in power they execute within the bounds of the traditional foreign policy blob, focusing on the wrong things, sending good people off to die for nothing, and worrying more about legacy and the U.S. image than mission accomplishment and U.S. interests.

-Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este
Old 17 May 2019, 08:05
Find a way out

Quote:
The U.S. Government, including the current administration, lacks the moral courage to execute my ideal foreign policy cycle.

They may think like me privately, or talk like me during the campaign, but once elected / in power they execute within the bounds of the traditional foreign policy blob, focusing on the wrong things, sending good people off to die for nothing, and worrying more about legacy and the U.S. image than mission accomplishment and U.S. interests.

-Stan
I think the problem is that the State doesn't work like its people think it does. From welfare, government programs, etc. I see no reason why foreign policy would be any different. Especially since the elected representatives change every 4-8 years yet people who make up the apparatchik tend to stay for a significant portion of their professional careers.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Old 19 May 2019, 16:19
Confirmed User

Out fucking standing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5f2_story.html

Hitting hizbullah where it hurt is a huge deal. They've been training a who's who of terrorism in the bekaa Valley for decades.
Old 23 May 2019, 17:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxguy View Post
Overreact could also be construed as I mentioned above in a joking manner:
"Fuck 'em, Turn the region into a glass parking lot."

Nothing says loving like a Thermonuclear Oven!

Overreact defined.
Wasn't that jingle: "Nothin's as loven like somethin' from the Thermonuclear Oven and the US does it best"?

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 6 June 2019, 21:08
Confirmed User

Iran Loaded Missles Onto Civ Boats

I don't think this was discussed on here yet, Iran allegedly outfitted civilian boats with missles in case of U.S. action in the region.

I wonder how this plays out in International courts? Iran comes out after being confronted with evidence and says it was for "defensive purposes". Somebody out there somewhere will buy that I guess.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ge=AACuRcp_1|4
Old 6 June 2019, 21:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
I don't think this was discussed on here yet, Iran allegedly outfitted civilian boats with missles in case of U.S. action in the region.

I wonder how this plays out in International courts? Iran comes out after being confronted with evidence and says it was for "defensive purposes". Somebody out there somewhere will buy that I guess.

The Cole was attacked by a dhow in Aden Harbor. The Iranians admitting this should loosen the ROE's for the Navy. IMHO, every boat displaying threatening maneuvers should get a nice 3-5 second burst from the CIWS.
Old 7 June 2019, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
The Cole was attacked by a dhow in Aden Harbor. The Iranians admitting this should loosen the ROE's for the Navy. IMHO, every boat displaying threatening maneuvers should get a nice 3-5 second burst from the CIWS.
Ah yes...suppositories...for when the shit hits the fan:
Old 7 June 2019, 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
Wasn't that jingle: "Nothin's as loven like somethin' from the Thermonuclear Oven and the US does it best"?
(In best Ed McMahon Voice) YES! You are correct sir heh heh heh!
Old 7 June 2019, 07:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post

Why do you care how it plays out in international courts? Seems like a trivial thing to focus on.

Our new posting rules