SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15 June 2019, 11:44
P304X4's Avatar
P304X4 P304X4 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: High Ridge, MO 63049
Posts: 675
Father's Day

Happy father's day to all the dads still with us and a prayer for those who are in Heaven waiting for us.
__________________
ďThe two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.Ē

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15 June 2019, 12:14
Justaclerk's Avatar
Justaclerk Justaclerk is offline
Drawing my cutlass
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
Happy father's day to all the dads still with us and a prayer for those who are in Heaven waiting for us.
+ Gougol.
__________________
Quote:
Death is a farcical pile of bullshit.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15 June 2019, 12:18
gooner gooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 10
Hope everyone is getting to have a relaxing time. I always think its funny when my wife asks me "what do you want for fathers day". Because all i want is some kinky stuff because lets be real, as adults i don't need you buying me anything, when i want something i budget and buy it myself. Usually gun parts.

This is my first fathers day but definitely appreciate my own father more since i had a son.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15 June 2019, 13:44
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 6,870
Got a new awesome shop vac.

Cool.

Happy Father's day Gentlemen. And Gavin.
__________________
I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody...

Karl Childers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15 June 2019, 17:58
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Got a new awesome shop vac.

Cool.

Happy Father's day Gentlemen. And Gavin.
Oooooo.... Duck.

Happy Father's day homos.

Remember, the best Father's day gifts are belt fed.

I take a size 7.62 or larger.

Just sayin.
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15 June 2019, 18:53
Cujo's Avatar
Cujo Cujo is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 625
Wife got me a Stoeger Coach Gun, excited to take some time off and enjoy shooting it with my son.

Happy Father’s Day, gents. And remember: Choosy Dads choose Jif, too...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15 June 2019, 19:05
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 6,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Wife got me a Stoeger Coach Gun, excited to take some time off and enjoy shooting it with my son.

Happy Fatherís Day, gents. And remember: Choosy Dads choose Jif, too...
Excellent. Wanna trade for a shop vac?
__________________
I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody...

Karl Childers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15 June 2019, 21:02
Fu King Lawyer Fu King Lawyer is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Excellent. Wanna trade for a shop vac?
J,
Best laugh I've had all day. Thank you, Ranger. I needed that.
v/r
p
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15 June 2019, 21:24
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Excellent. Wanna trade for a shop vac?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15 June 2019, 21:29
wowzers wowzers is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
Hope everyone is getting to have a relaxing time. I always think its funny when my wife asks me "what do you want for fathers day". Because all i want is some kinky stuff because lets be real, as adults i don't need you buying me anything, when i want something i budget and buy it myself. Usually gun parts.

This is my first fathers day but definitely appreciate my own father more since i had a son.
Same here but I had a couple practice years with my step son who I consider my own.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 15 June 2019, 21:30
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
Same here but I had a couple practice years with my step son who I consider my own.
Good man...need more like ya.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15 June 2019, 21:36
Mars Mars is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gone
Posts: 8,068
I wish all you Dad's out there a great, relaxing Father's Day!

Enjoy it to the fullest...you have earned it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15 June 2019, 22:24
AMP's Avatar
AMP AMP is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 414
Dad

This Father's Day will be a bit emotional for me. My dad passed in his sleep at the age of 94 in the early morning hours of 6/8. We had the wake and Catholic funeral yesterday. Many people we have not seen in years came out for Dad. The highlight will be his internment at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Elwood Illinois at a later date. Dad was a Navy veteran whose wishes were to be buried there.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15 June 2019, 23:30
Cujo's Avatar
Cujo Cujo is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Excellent. Wanna trade for a shop vac?
Funny you say that...I was just talking to a buddy last week and was comparing motherís day to fatherís day commercials. For the former, thereís always some dude with a deep voice saying Ďthis Motherís Day, get her what she really wants...í and itís a $20K necklace or ring. For the latter, some upbeat clown gets on and says Ďthis Fatherís Day, give him the special gift he deserves...í


And itís a leaf blower.

Not cool.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15 June 2019, 23:34
Cujo's Avatar
Cujo Cujo is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
This Father's Day will be a bit emotional for me. My dad passed in his sleep at the age of 94 in the early morning hours of 6/8. We had the wake and Catholic funeral yesterday. Many people we have not seen in years came out for Dad. The highlight will be his internment at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Elwood Illinois at a later date. Dad was a Navy veteran whose wishes were to be buried there.
Sorry for your loss, AMP.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15 June 2019, 23:53
WGH0922 WGH0922 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Funny you say that...I was just talking to a buddy last week and was comparing motherís day to fatherís day commercials. For the former, thereís always some dude with a deep voice saying Ďthis Motherís Day, get her what she really wants...í and itís a $20K necklace or ring. For the latter, some upbeat clown gets on and says Ďthis Fatherís Day, give him the special gift he deserves...í


And itís a leaf blower.

Not cool.
That's why you buy her a vacuum or sammich maker (redundant)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 16 June 2019, 00:24
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
Hard to Kill
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Getting off the lawn.
Posts: 15,025
Godspeed Amp to you and your crew.

My father passed about 7 years ago, in my house. He was my hero, my best man, a veteran of the Army and Air Force. I will take my last breath trying to be half the father he was to me.

Happy Father's Day
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 16 June 2019, 07:40
gooner gooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 10
Happy Father's day

This is my first fathers day as a dad. I wanted to say to all the guys out there watching over their family, you're killing it. Its not easy especially within our community and occupations. The fact that you're there says more than most. And for all those brothers watching from above your family knows how much you truly sacrificed for them.

Much love
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 16 June 2019, 08:33
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 6,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
This Father's Day will be a bit emotional for me. My dad passed in his sleep at the age of 94 in the early morning hours of 6/8. We had the wake and Catholic funeral yesterday. Many people we have not seen in years came out for Dad. The highlight will be his internment at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Elwood Illinois at a later date. Dad was a Navy veteran whose wishes were to be buried there.
The first few are tough ones. Hang in there big guy. God Bless you & yours. He is in a good place.
__________________
I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody...

Karl Childers
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 16 June 2019, 09:07
Shark0311 Shark0311 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 857
Happy fathers day to all of you knuckle draggers out there. I'm going to be installing a new door with a good friend while the kids play and am looking forward to it. Enjoy your day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018