Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 5 July 2011, 07:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
He hasn't come back to me, but I think he's doing pretty OK. Just got linked into his FB pages are full of recent pictures of him with JW Blue and crotch rockets.

And cash.
Somewhere in the vicinity of $3500...

won the lottery? possible nefarious sources? hmmm...

I don't know him or his character, so I will not make any observation other than 'if it quacks like a duck,..." you know the rest.

I sincerely hope his luck has changed and this is just an exuberant display of his good fortune.
Old 5 July 2011, 14:08

Quick update, respecting LeBron's privacy, he has reached out to me. We're working on getting a resume and other employment docs ready.

Thanks for all the support, Rangers. This Sorry Assed Piss Poor Exuse for a Ranger is able to help another airborne brother.

ATW!
Steve
Old 5 July 2011, 14:11
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper_steve View Post
This Sorry Assed Piss Poor Exuse for a Ranger is able to help another airborne brother.
What?
Old 5 July 2011, 14:21
Been There Done That

I think he means S.A.P.P.E.R....
Old 5 July 2011, 14:24

It was a joke...acronym for sapper? Guess it isn't as widely used as I thought. I was making a joke at my own expense.

I WASN'T talking about the Ranger in question, at all. I'll keep my jokes to myself, they're funnier that way.

Sorry for the confusion.
Steve
Old 5 July 2011, 14:34
BTDT

Roger. No worries...
Old 5 July 2011, 18:01
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Quick update, respecting LeBron's privacy, he has reached out to me. We're working on getting a resume and other employment docs ready.

Thanks for all the support, Rangers. This Sorry Assed Piss Poor Exuse for a Ranger is able to help another airborne brother.

ATW!
Steve

Steve, is there anything we can do to help? (Although the cash picture is a bit odd) Anyway, let us know.

Thanks
Old 5 July 2011, 18:38

TFG, for the time being, I'm getting Robert to register with WWP, and we'll work on putting together a resume and finding him a job. Since I am a WWP employee, and he reached out to me, he is a client and I am going to respect his right to privacy.

I'll reach out to this community for leads on work, although I am pretty well connected in the NYC area. Once all is squared away, and provided he gives the OK, I'll update you guys and hopefully he'll come to this site himself. I know the SOCOM community has its own resources, and I will encourage him to tap them. That being said, WWP is a major player, and I am certain we'll get this Ranger taken care of.

Thanks for the hospitality, I never forget I'm a guest here, but I certainly feel like a welcome one.

Honoring and empowering Wounded Warriors (WWP's mission statement),
Steve
Old 9 July 2011, 16:38

Have we all lost our minds? Did I watch a different clip than everyone else? Just to Clarify. Lebron was not on Takur Ghar. He has now entered the realm of a poser. I feel bad if he has found hard times but, that was in no way shape or form the Army's or Battalions fault. After his wife was killed he was compassionately reassigned to USMA so that he could be near his child. If he chose to leave the Army w/out a clear plan on how to support himself and his children is his own fault. I take offense to his claims and the fact that it now appears he's looking for handouts by using his proximity to the amazing men that gave their lives that day. To me he is no better than any other poser this board has outed. I will strike him from memory and never refer to him as a Ranger again. He has shown his true colors. He was a never a stand out but, I didn't expect him to stoop to this. Anyone taking exception to my views please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.
Old 9 July 2011, 17:04
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienekes175 View Post
Your post
You have every right to feel that way. But I've seen other guys talk about what happen up there and people get the feeling that they were there. I always clarify that I was not up there, but that's me.

Personally I'd get the whole story before I got all poopie faced. You can ping him on FB and I know another guy from A-2 is getting a hold of him to get the straight scoop from him.
Old 9 July 2011, 17:16

Im not getting poopie faced at all Snaplink. I was there and I am telling you after watching that clip that he lied. He was not on any 47 that was shot down. He watched no one die. I stood there as Jason Cunningham took his last breath watching LaFrenz try in vain to save his life. Lebron is LYING and that is the bottom line. I dont care who gets a hold of him. I was the Senior NCO on the ground. Lebron has always been one looking for the easy way. He has lied about his role in OP Anaconda to garner sympathy for his cause. If you wanna chat anymore about it PM me and Ill send you my number.
Old 9 July 2011, 19:24
In Vino Veritas

I rewatched the video and the only thing that he says, that could be construed as him saying that he was up there. It follows him saying "losing those friend and losing those people and almost losing my life". If there is no editing then yes, he is full of it and should suffer the consequences. I'd like to hear his side before I pass judgment.

Besides, Glassiam already confirmed that he was not up there that day so that point is mute.

As for survivors guilt I've heard plenty people throughout the company ask why them and not me, it is not confined to the guys that were on the hill those days.
Old 9 July 2011, 20:05

Read the Huffington Post Article.
Did your training prepare you for what you experienced in Afghanistan?

Robert: When I was there [basic training], I was like, what am I doing? Why am I here? This sucks! This really sucks! It's raining, it's cold, I just jumped out of a plane, I walked 10 miles and for what? But when I went to Afghanistan... we survived because of the training that was embedded in us.

What memory is the hardest?

Robert: Operation Anaconda was when a Navy SEAL, Neil Roberts, had fallen out of his helicopter on the way back from a reconnaissance mission. And his team found out about it, they went back, and they took fire from a Taliban position that they didn't know was there. So bad intel led to, you know, a Navy SEAL dying. So we went and we got spun up, so to speak, and we went to go help them out. And it was a 45-minute flight from Bagram to where we were, which was the Shaikah Valley. And, when we got there, it was bad. Like really bad.

Like our helicopter got hit with a rocket-propelled grenade, we hit the ground, and as soon as we came out two Rangers died. And then we get out and one ranger died in the helicopter, two other men in the front, like a pilot died, a medic died and three Rangers died. And, you know, we still had to finish the mission. It was the toughest thing that that I had to experience as a Ranger. Losing those friends and losing those people and almost losing my life to the point where it was unimaginable. Like, "I can't believe this happened." And then you have the survivor's guilt, "Why them and not me?"

Lebron never heard a shot fired in anger. He was not on any mission that left the wire as near as I can remember. Nor do I remember him being on the second trip which, by the way only lasted a month or two because A Co. wasnt needed. As I have said before if you really wanna discuss this why dont you PM me instead of putting your two cents in here. I dont remember you or Glass being there either and, I was Glass' SL. So your point is MUTE. Lebron has done exactly what other posers do. He was just close enough to know things or for people to forget what exactly his contribution was and he has taken that and run w/ it. He is and I'll say it again a LIAR. He has tarnished the sacrifices of everyone there that day. Especially those that died. If your not man enough to come out from behind your computer and talk to me about this dont tell me whats fucking mute and whats not.
Old 9 July 2011, 20:17

One other thing, he didnt even get the goddamn facts right. No pilot died. It was the flight engineer Phil Svitak. Neither medic died, the PJ Jason Cunningham died. He using other mens sacrifices to get a fucking handout. He deserves nothing from our community any longer as he has shown he is a man of low moral character.
Old 9 July 2011, 20:32
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienekes175 View Post
Read the Huffington Post Article.
Did your training prepare you for what you experienced in Afghanistan?

Robert: When I was there [basic training], I was like, what am I doing? Why am I here? This sucks! This really sucks! It's raining, it's cold, I just jumped out of a plane, I walked 10 miles and for what? But when I went to Afghanistan... we survived because of the training that was embedded in us.

What memory is the hardest?

Robert: Operation Anaconda was when a Navy SEAL, Neil Roberts, had fallen out of his helicopter on the way back from a reconnaissance mission. And his team found out about it, they went back, and they took fire from a Taliban position that they didn't know was there. So bad intel led to, you know, a Navy SEAL dying. So we went and we got spun up, so to speak, and we went to go help them out. And it was a 45-minute flight from Bagram to where we were, which was the Shaikah Valley. And, when we got there, it was bad. Like really bad.

Like our helicopter got hit with a rocket-propelled grenade, we hit the ground, and as soon as we came out two Rangers died. And then we get out and one ranger died in the helicopter, two other men in the front, like a pilot died, a medic died and three Rangers died. And, you know, we still had to finish the mission. It was the toughest thing that that I had to experience as a Ranger. Losing those friends and losing those people and almost losing my life to the point where it was unimaginable. Like, "I can't believe this happened." And then you have the survivor's guilt, "Why them and not me?"

Lebron never heard a shot fired in anger. He was not on any mission that left the wire as near as I can remember. Nor do I remember him being on the second trip which, by the way only lasted a month or two because A Co. wasnt needed. As I have said before if you really wanna discuss this why dont you PM me instead of putting your two cents in here. I dont remember you or Glass being there either and, I was Glass' SL. So your point is MUTE. Lebron has done exactly what other posers do. He was just close enough to know things or for people to forget what exactly his contribution was and he has taken that and run w/ it. He is and I'll say it again a LIAR. He has tarnished the sacrifices of everyone there that day. Especially those that died. If your not man enough to come out from behind your computer and talk to me about this dont tell me whats fucking mute and whats not.

Alright, you are 100% spot on. He is living on the heals of those who were up there. he has to reap what he has sown.
Old 9 July 2011, 23:08
BTDT

Quote:

I wish I'd read the story and watched the clip prior to just now. Lebron is FOS. He was not involved in any of this, and he certainly has no right to claim that he was. He was in 1/75, was on the deployment when this happened, but WAS NOT on either of the Ranger QRF birds. Dienekes175 knows exactly who was there, who was not, and how the events went down.

Lebron deserves no hand out/up, and damn anyone in the Ranger community who squares him away. He went through a horrible tragedy, but it was not in combat. As far as I am concerned, Lebron is a poser just like the dude who just got flamed.

Sapper Steve, I don't know what you have already put in motion for this POS, but on behalf of the Ranger Community, I ask you to cease and decisit. Lebron deserves no favor, and he's brought this on himself. Lebron, if you are reading this, know that I will do my best to see to it that you do not benefit from your fucking lie.
Old 10 July 2011, 00:03
ORP

OK guys, Glassiam's on the case. I know Glassiam personally and I'm sure Lebron will be feeling it pretty sharpish because Glassiam isn't the kind of guy to let something go until the job is done.

Everyone else cease fire. If you two guys (RS and Dienekes) want to throw mud at each other, take it to PM. Or better yet if you 1/75 guys are all in agreement (which it looks like you now are), get together and help Glassiam out to burn this poser down. I'm sure you all have Skype, and I know Glassiam and RS have already exchanged messages.

If you see his FB page, Lebron isn't hurting and needs no charity. And if he's telling war stories (this is for you Sapper Steve) to possibly justify you giving him assistance from the WWP you need to seriously re-evaluate how you vett your cases. He's got a job, a car, a crotch rocket, a girlfriend (maybe even a wife unless we're calling our girlfriends 'wifey' now), a stack of cash, plenty of booze, is drinking/clubbing/partying and is (supposedly) studying pre-law. If that's hurting, I'll send you a list of a few thousand Rangers and you can just start cutting checks. I'll be at the top of the list.

http://www.facebook.com/bbchang165

B.b. Chang (B.b. Chang)

Worked at
self employed (OJ Luxury Car Driver)Studying Pre-Law at City College of New YorkLives in New York, New YorkIn a relationship with Janis MartinezFrom Bronx, New York

So Glassiam's right, you should cease. In fact Sapper Steve, you should show him these pictures and ask for a donation (I blacked out the face and have the originals). The second one has a caption that says: Some1 recently told me It's funny how money changes people! Hahaha!!! Ain't shit change ova here! Ima always be the same...with or without bread!

I wonder how long after his sad sack video was shot that the second photo was taken. Date stamp is March 23rd. Last two pictures are date stamped just over a week ago. These photos are just samples, there are many more, all are mobile phone uploads, posted by him. So he's either playing the system by being in that shelter or he's doing just fine.

Either way, you 1/75 dudes can find him and sort him out. Sapper Steve if you're local and want to help the 1/75 guys unscrew Lebron's head from his ass, get in touch with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LEBRON.jpg (20.7 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg LEBRON 2.jpg (16.3 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg LEBRON 3.jpg (21.6 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg LEBRON 4.jpg (44.1 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by Ranger1; 10 July 2011 at 10:55.
Old 10 July 2011, 12:13

Well, in light of what I'm reading here, and from other friends, I'm not going out of my way to help this guy. WWP vetting process is acurate, I assure you, and he hasn't followed through with his end. He called me, I told him how to register, and that is the last I heard from him. I have been hesitant to say much on here, since I wasn't in Afghanistan, I wasn't in Regiment, and I felt it not my place. It isn't my place to get involved with Ranger business, but know that I understand your anger at this individual. I, too, have lost brothers and would be ready to kill if someone tried to profit from their deaths.

Thank you, all.

ATW,
Steve
Old 11 July 2011, 12:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Well, in light of what I'm reading here, and from other friends, I'm not going out of my way to help this guy. WWP vetting process is acurate, I assure you, and he hasn't followed through with his end. He called me, I told him how to register, and that is the last I heard from him. I have been hesitant to say much on here, since I wasn't in Afghanistan, I wasn't in Regiment, and I felt it not my place. It isn't my place to get involved with Ranger business, but know that I understand your anger at this individual. I, too, have lost brothers and would be ready to kill if someone tried to profit from their deaths.

Thank you, all.

ATW,
Steve
You have stated on record that your are a WWP employee- it is then you duty to report him as a potential poser to your supervisor as an individual who is trying to benefit from his lies, thereby possibly denying benefits of that organization from another vet.

You don't have to be a vet of Afghanistan or the Ranger Regiment to recognize the truth and act upon it . The ball is now in your court- you can be a help or be a hindrance to the process.

i can't imagine the loss of my wife and unborn child but I WOULD NEVER LIE ABOUT MY SERVICE TO GET A HANDOUT...

You brought him to our attention, now its time to carry out the trash...
Old 11 July 2011, 12:29
On the Extract Bird

I'm glad I waited.....I contacted the WWP rep a week or two ago about a decent paying entry level job in the Bronx, I had reserved it through a friend also a vet, but told SS that I was going to wait to see how the thread turned out as some of the FB pics gave me pause. Again, glad I waited.

Last edited by CarbineM1; 11 July 2011 at 12:32.

Our new posting rules