Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 19 June 2017, 15:20
Been There Done That

What a great group of hero's! but once again I am feeling old knowing and serving with way to many of them

Rules of the Regt
If it makes sense....don't do it
If it tastes good.....spit it out
If you think you're going the right way........turn around
This place sucks.....let's live here
Old 27 June 2017, 14:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless Civilian View Post
Congratulations to the following individuals for their selection into the 2017 Ranger Hall of Fame.

CSM Ret. Matthew Walker

Is this the same Matthew Walker that was a SFC Ops NCO for RRD around 95 time frame?

The amount of patience I have is proportionate to the number of witnesses present.
Old 27 June 2017, 15:32
Been There Done That

Joker, yes, that the same Walker. I believed he later hit the trails and later came back to the Regiment and served as a 1SG over at 2-75.
Old 27 June 2017, 16:08
Puttin' on the foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai_Ranger View Post
Joker, yes, that the same Walker. I believed he later hit the trails and later came back to the Regiment and served as a 1SG over at 2-75.
Pardon the intrusion but I don't know why but this name and his face has stuck in my mind since I went to OSUT in 1998. I'll dig out my yearbook tonight to confirm but I'm pretty certain I crossed paths with him a couple of times during my time there. I even think he's in the lame video they put together that you could buy. It's foggy what his role was at that time but I definitely remember him overlooking B Co 2/58 during rappelling and getting yelled at by him because the only knot I knew how to tie was for my bootlaces and had to redo my swiss seat a couple of times.
Old 27 June 2017, 22:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai_Ranger View Post
Joker, yes, that the same Walker.
Hahaha that's funny, we crossed paths at RHQ.

The amount of patience I have is proportionate to the number of witnesses present.
Old 28 June 2017, 10:01
Puttin' on the foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyDeuce View Post
Pardon the intrusion but I don't know why but this name and his face has stuck in my mind since I went to OSUT in 1998. I'll dig out my yearbook tonight to confirm but I'm pretty certain I crossed paths with him a couple of times during my time there. I even think he's in the lame video they put together that you could buy. It's foggy what his role was at that time but I definitely remember him overlooking B Co 2/58 during rappelling and getting yelled at by him because the only knot I knew how to tie was for my bootlaces and had to redo my swiss seat a couple of times.
found it

Our new posting rules