SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 11 December 2002, 10:24
cmr
Visitor

I know a story about some guys doing training and one (at least) getting shot by a hunter. Don't know if it was a kid or not. I thought they were 3rd group guys though. Is that the story you are thinking of maybe?
Old 11 December 2002, 11:18

As much as I remember about this it could well be a TV Movie, it's just that his story seems so familiar. Were there any teams in DS that were compromised during a mission. His story as I've heard 3rd hand is that he was shot in the 4th point of contact while taking a leak. ( Forest gump )

Were all convinced he's a cronic liar, I just need to find some proof for the coup de grace. Thanks for the reply though, ya just never know when it will be the straw and cammel..
Old 11 December 2002, 11:39
cmr
Visitor

The guy I'm thinking of was shot above the neck during desert training in the US. Wasn't a movie of the week.
Old 11 December 2002, 13:20
Greenhat
Visitor

No one on either of the ODAs that I know of being compromised during DS was named Cutler.
Old 11 December 2002, 14:28
Sapper12B
Visitor

And there it is................. (KAPOWWWWW)
Old 11 December 2002, 17:49
Hell on Wheels

Wurtzburgh (sic), DDR? Nice. Wuerzburg was never part of the DDR, and 10th Group was never permanently stationed there (although being a college town with lots of young, inquisitive lasses of hearty Bayerische stock, it'd make a fun TDY location).
Old 12 December 2002, 02:05
товарищ

Re: One more email

Quote:
Originally posted by 11B3VB4
4- Lastly 7th RTB, I know they were in Dugway,UT prior to being outside of Elpaso,TX. I don't know if whitesands is another name for Dugway, but I know its not for Elpaso. Damn what is the name of that base, where we burnt most of the survival site down.. Sigh ahh well age/mind. [/B]
There are others far more qualified than myself to tlak about your other points, but I feel safe here.

Ft. Bliss's McGregor range area extends north into New Mexico all the way to White Sands. The old Regnar school desert phase was on McGregor range. I spent A LOT of time on that area when stationed at Ft. Bliss during my Air Defender days. There are still Ranger signs on some of the old buildings. So, while I don't know the name of the unit that ran that school, there were Ranger types "ouside of El Paso."

Adam
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 12 December 2002, 02:46
##Xguy
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by cmr
I know a story about some guys doing training and one (at least) getting shot by a hunter. Don't know if it was a kid or not. I thought they were 3rd group guys though. Is that the story you are thinking of maybe?
I believe this event is portrayed in AJ Simmon's book, The Company They Keep.
Old 12 December 2002, 11:09

GAME OVER

Well I sent an email to him with my suspitions but I don't think there will ever be a response. As I just recieved a call from one of our SGT's and they have fired him and filed charges of theft. It seems this SUPER SOLDIER was infact a thief, stealing from People and the coorporation.

Lansing Police took him away yesterday, a nice ending for this sad POS.

Thanks for all of the info.. Now just have to contact his NG unit to make sure he isn't playing the fool there as well.

Our new posting rules