SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 21 March 2020, 21:51

I work as a pcp for veterans at the VA in Phoenix. If you do not have an acute issue... reschedule. They are attempting to switch current appointments to telephone or BBC video conferencing. This is absolutely necessary as it is our only option for limiting community spread. In all probability if you make it to your provider you be sitting across from someone who has been exposed.
I saw three symptomatic patients last week. We providers are not being tested and since you can be asymptomatic and contagious you are best served setting up video conference with your provider.
Myheathevet is the VA s medical portal. With this portal you can order meds and secure message your provider and any specialty clinics that you have been previously seen by. I believe you must have secure password issued to you. There should be a myhealthevet office at your local VA or CBOC.give them a call for specifics.
Old 21 March 2020, 21:56

Addendum. For video conferencing all you need is valid email. They will email you the link and you should open in from a video capable computer or apart phone.
Myhealtevet is a separate medical portals.
Old 2 April 2020, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Another Guy View Post
I received an email from South Georgie/North Florida VA Region saying all VA facilities in the region will be screening for the virus until further notice. No details on how; so we will see (judging on all the above).
I went to local the CBOC here in S. Florida yesterday. Only screening done was a non-contact thermometer to see if I had a fever and that was it.

Saw triage nurse for sinus infection/drainage, a few screening questions, verified no fever, clear chest, got week's worth of antibiotics and was told to call first if not feeling better, but not to go back to the CBOC.

Our new posting rules