Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 6 July 2017, 21:56
Authorized Personnel

I know some of you's are Kettlesnobs™ but for Jane or Joe Average these are less than $1 per pound with free shipping. I bought two 70lb-ers. One was perfect. The other needed 10 minutes of bastard file & sandpaper work on the handle & wobbles a bit so no Renegade Rows, which is a Stupid Human Trick™ anyway. :-)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Cast-Iron-Kettlebell-60-lbs-80-lbs/52418222?

-Stan

All my life I wanted to go up in society. Where everything higher was legal, straight. But the higher I go, the more crooked it becomes. Where the hell does it end? -- Michael Corleone

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? -- Mark 8:36 KJV

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. -- Captain Willard
Old 6 July 2017, 22:03
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post
I know some of you's are Kettlesnobs™ but for Jane or Joe Average these are less than $1 per pound with free shipping. I bought two 70lb-ers. One was perfect. The other needed 10 minutes of bastard file & sandpaper work on the handle & wobbles a bit so no Renegade Rows, which is a Stupid Human Trick™ anyway. :-)

-Stan
I bought my first 2 sets of KB from Wal Mart, 45 and 55 lbers. They do have an odd texture on the handle, but Pavel does not allow me to be a sissy about it.
Old 7 July 2017, 02:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post

-Stan
Yep, I'm a proud Kettlesnob.
I had some CAP KBs at the beginning of my KB journey. And to your point - I moved on to other brands because of the rough seams on the handles. Brutal on the hands with swings and especially snatches.

P.S. How did you get the "TM" superscript in your post ?
Old 7 July 2017, 09:21
Confirmed User

Wow, good deal. Timely, because I called Apollo yesterday and asked about pricing. I may do this one, but it's probably worth spending an extra $20 to get the rubber pad on the bottom and better finishing of the Apollo. If you're in socal, you can walk in their warehouse, try them out, take the one you want, and pay cash. 80lbs is $98 + tax.
Old 7 July 2017, 14:13
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_3m View Post
Yep, I'm a proud Kettlesnob.
I had some CAP KBs at the beginning of my KB journey. And to your point - I moved on to other brands because of the rough seams on the handles. Brutal on the hands with swings and especially snatches.

P.S. How did you get the "TM" superscript in your post ?
Google "TM symbol" and cut and paste the result.

-Stan

All my life I wanted to go up in society. Where everything higher was legal, straight. But the higher I go, the more crooked it becomes. Where the hell does it end? -- Michael Corleone

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? -- Mark 8:36 KJV

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. -- Captain Willard
Old 10 August 2017, 16:54
Confirmed User

First week of Oct 2016 I separated my shoulder. Last week I tried pullups and dips, x30 each, felt ok. Did judo Tues this week, went hard, took falls, let some guys yank on my arms hard/arm bar/etc, no problem. Last night tried a set of 5 clean and press with 28kg, and for the first time it was stable, so I did 5 x 8 on each side, no issues.

10 fucking months. Ugh. But hey, I'm back!
Old 12 August 2017, 19:23
Confirmed User

Dude - in the big picture - 10 months is a pretty quick recovery IMO. Glad you are healed up and back at it. The cranking on the arms in Judo/martial arts is always the big test for me. That's how I knew I wasn't fully healed last year. Good news, brother.
Old 14 August 2017, 13:09
Confirmed User

For those interested - Kettlebells USA has a sale going on, including free shipping on all KBs. I'm going to be picking up a few...
Old 14 August 2017, 15:40
Confirmed User

Yessir, thank you! I'm happy to be back at it. And damn, free shipping....

Our new posting rules