SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge > Travel

Old 17 October 2018, 12:23
Authorized Personnel

Thanks all, I appreciate it!

I will reach out to you on PM/call.

Anyone have opinions on where to base for the night out of the locations with Hyatts, prior to and at end of parkway?

Thanks again!

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 18 October 2018, 13:00
Confirmed User

I am in the Kannapolis/Charlotte region if you need anything.

I just got back from Knoxville and even though I had a severe stomach flu I really enjoyed the area, and the drive was pretty cool.

I was speaking with a friend from work who is from the Asheville area. It has grown leaps and bounds and it is so crowded it is tough to get around. I was going to stop there on my way back from Knoxville, and it was so congested everywhere I went, and said screw it.

If you are talking about Greenville SC that is another great area. Lots to see and do, great restaurants, minor league hockey. There is the swamp rabbit trail, a suspension bridge and waterfall views. Multi-use trails wind around lakes and hills in Paris Mountain State Park. If I dont go back to Ohio and buy my parents house Greenville SC is one place I would like to set up shop. I am biased but I would stop in Greenville SC

Last edited by osubuckeye762; 18 October 2018 at 13:05.
Old 2 November 2018, 16:31
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye762 View Post
I am in the Kannapolis/Charlotte region if you need anything.

I just got back from Knoxville and even though I had a severe stomach flu I really enjoyed the area, and the drive was pretty cool.

I was speaking with a friend from work who is from the Asheville area. It has grown leaps and bounds and it is so crowded it is tough to get around. I was going to stop there on my way back from Knoxville, and it was so congested everywhere I went, and said screw it.

If you are talking about Greenville SC that is another great area. Lots to see and do, great restaurants, minor league hockey. There is the swamp rabbit trail, a suspension bridge and waterfall views. Multi-use trails wind around lakes and hills in Paris Mountain State Park. If I dont go back to Ohio and buy my parents house Greenville SC is one place I would like to set up shop. I am biased but I would stop in Greenville SC

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

Start the trip tomorrow. Should be in AO by Sunday afternoon, Monday.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 3 November 2018, 02:15
Confirmed User

Enjoy! I took the wife and youngest son this past July. Initially the weather was rainy and foggy but on day 2, holy cow! She was blown away by the views. The temperature was perfect and just chilly enough for a jacket then so be prepared this time of year!

Like others said, watch that gas gauge as there aren't a whole lot of places to fill up. Pisgah Inn has a nice restaurant with an amazing view and the staff is super friendly.

I hope to take the kids next year around leaf season. It'll be a first for them.

Have fun and stay safe!

Our new posting rules