SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 24 July 2020, 10:54
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
Let me define “support.”

Commander- go take out those guys in that fighting position on the next ridge
11B- that’s like 4 Km away, down the valley and back up again. No way. Call the FO.
13F- get comfy, show starts in 30 sec.
And that’s great. But the main effort calls that prepping the battlefield When the FO’s number one man in a stack off the bird after the breech let me know. I liked our FOs but Ranger Battalion is built on supporting the platoons to do their job.

LMAO, your comment kind of reminds me of a time at the 18B course. An instructor asked, “what is the most dangerous weapon on the battlefield?” Some dude from leg land shoots his hand up like this is the question he’s been ready to answer from birth, “the radio!” WRONG! The instructor asked for the most dangerous weapon, that dude was ultimately unsuccessful for other reasons.

Today’s Battalion offers ten times the opportunity that I had when I was there, so it shouldn’t be to hard to match skills and interest with a job. But at the end of the day, it’s all about getting the guys on the OBJ to do FFF.
Old 24 July 2020, 13:47
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
But at the end of the day, it’s all about getting the guys on the OBJ to do FFF.
If they are on the obj, they are just doing F. Maybe FF if it’s a pure SIGINT driven op. But FFF, nah way brah.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 24 July 2020, 17:22
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
If they are on the obj, they are just doing F. Maybe FF if it’s a pure SIGINT driven op. But FFF, nah way brah.
LOL, I stand corrected. Shouldn’t you be busy protecting your rice bowl and building up your budget?
Old 24 July 2020, 18:48
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
LOL, I stand corrected. Shouldn’t you be busy protecting your rice bowl and building up your budget?
I’ll get right on it!

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 24 July 2020, 19:14
Been There Done That

My opinion is the Cyber Warfare MOS in the new Ranger Military Intelligence Battalion, whom I have the pleasure of working with...
Old 25 July 2020, 05:22
BTDT

Best job in Regiment? AFSOC LOL.

Too Funny, Has To Be My Sig For A While...

"FACT: School aged children are more likely to die from the influenza than from the COVID-19... but teachers unions are demanding schools stay shut until we de-fund the police"
Old 25 July 2020, 06:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Best job in Regiment? AFSOC LOL.
Well....there is the Property Book WO. Think he showed up to PT formation and for a jump like twice a year.

That is the BEST job in Bat. But maybe not the most high speed job.

I could be cruel and tell him to enlist as an 11C “most high speed job in the Ranger Bat”.
Old 25 July 2020, 07:00
been ***** **** that

Far too many new high speed positions to choose from these days. I would have to go with that new intelligence route if I were to do it all over again. Knowing now what my humble time in did to all but one of my appendages! I do recall a rather lame individual (Bo Gritz' son) was WAD's driver back in our time frame. Pretty cool job getting to spend some quality time with the WAD!
Old 25 July 2020, 21:59
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Far too many new high speed positions to choose from these days. I would have to go with that new intelligence route if I were to do it all over again. Knowing now what my humble time in did to all but one of my appendages! I do recall a rather lame individual (Bo Gritz' son) was WAD's driver back in our time frame. Pretty cool job getting to spend some quality time with the WAD!
Gritz's son ended up at the SFQC as an instructor in 1982-1983 time frame. He was a little guy, I remembered hearing he was WAD's driver from a dude that left 2nd BN for the Q-course. He also brought his dad to the school after his dad just got back from South East Asia on a little POW excursion. They allowed us pre-phase students into the classroom to hear Bo talk, interesting. Some serious folks, peers to Bo that I knew, thought highly of him when he was serving, can't say what they thought of his post-service activity.
Old 26 July 2020, 08:15
been ***** **** that

Bo was respected in our unit by most , if I recall. His son was a different story.

Our new posting rules