Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 8 November 2017, 19:44
At the Barn

I have to say that this sucks when I hear it. The VA has not lived up to it's purpose in many years. I ahve heard the horror stories from WWII vets.

That being said, I went out and got my own docs. I refuse to use the VA. After all the horror stories, I can just deal with what I have going on myself.
Old 11 November 2017, 22:03
Confirmed User

After retiring from Navy I went to work for the VA. I am confused are the doctors refusing to treat your conditions or were you denied compensation for medical conditions from your military service ? These are two different animals one is health care and the other is benefits ( money), Since you have a lawyer I assume its compensation. The key to compensation is the condition in your medical records or do you have a presumptive condition from Gulf War ? Do not lose patience the VA compensation process is crazy keep plugging away and do NOT take the first no. Appeal appeal appeal. Good luck
Old 12 November 2017, 09:21
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
After retiring from Navy I went to work for the VA. I am confused are the doctors refusing to treat your conditions or were you denied compensation for medical conditions from your military service ? These are two different animals one is health care and the other is benefits ( money), Since you have a lawyer I assume its compensation. The key to compensation is the condition in your medical records or do you have a presumptive condition from Gulf War ? Do not lose patience the VA compensation process is crazy keep plugging away and do NOT take the first no. Appeal appeal appeal. Good luck
My doctor is treating me for Fibro but she did not put a diaognosis in my charts.
Old 12 November 2017, 12:59
Confirmed User

This site may help you with your claim, there are some incredibly knowledgeable people there including current and former VA raters (ones that rate claims)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vets...r-illness-f71/
Old 12 November 2017, 15:33
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
This site may help you with your claim, there are some incredibly knowledgeable people there including current and former VA raters (ones that rate claims)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vets...r-illness-f71/
After all the paper work is complete, then it goes before (4 to 5) Doctor's who each review the Veterans claim, after each Doctor has filled out there findings then the (I will call it a score sheet) for what each Doctor finding are. One Doctor could state 5% an the other Doctors rate the item as 10%. the claim will be reviewed again by several Doctors for there finding. 100% of the time the 10% will stand.

A lot also depends on how the P&C exam was typed up.
Old 13 November 2017, 12:25
Confirmed User

At the medical center you can go see the patient advocate if your getting screwed and they can find answered for you
Old 13 November 2017, 13:49
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
At the medical center you can go see the patient advocate if your getting screwed and they can find answered for you
That can be helpful, but I have encountered issues from time to time when patient advocates gave me incorrect information, counterproductive advice, and even contradicted each other. Your mileage may vary.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 13 November 2017, 15:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
That can be helpful, but I have encountered issues from time to time when patient advocates gave me incorrect information, counterproductive advice, and even contradicted each other. Your mileage may vary.
I have found the same.

That office is to smooth shit for the Hospital, not necessarily to assist the vet. My wife kept reminding me that I could go to jail.

A call to a congressman can be the best route. We are on a first name basis with our Reps secretary.
Old 13 November 2017, 15:46
Moving Target

well I calmed down enough to call the VA and leave a message for my VA doctor asking why fibromyalgia was not in her records. Now I wait to see if she calls back, I seriously doubt she will.I got my meds in the mail the other day and it is cymbalta for pain management so we will see.
Old 14 November 2017, 11:27
Moving Target

well my doctor did call me back thismorning and told me she didnt have a code for Fibro. she said it is usually given by a neurologists. dont know what to do at this point
Old 14 November 2017, 13:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
well my doctor did call me back thismorning and told me she didnt have a code for Fibro. she said it is usually given by a neurologists. dont know what to do at this point
Well, I'd start with having her refer you to neuro so they can document the diagnoses and, perhaps, get a more refined treatment plan by a neurologist...

Our new posting rules