SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 11 July 2007, 17:05
later...

I was at Benning yesterday and stopped by Ranger Joes on my way off base, they had a display model of the ol dual G-Shock snagged it for +/- 89 bucks along with a replacement pair of Revision (which I lost 4 hrs later.... )
Old 11 July 2007, 17:17
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltrane
Rolex GMT would work, it's a dive watch with an additional hour hand.
Rolex GMT, works good, lasts a long time and the batteries never need replacing.
Old 11 July 2007, 18:01
Been There Done That

I have the GMT Master II and love it. Been diving with it also. Only been 50+ feet but never had a problem.

Also it looks good!
Old 11 July 2007, 18:13
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT
I have the GMT Master II and love it. Been diving with it also. Only been 50+ feet but never had a problem.

Also it looks good!
Mine is a Master not the II. I've had it to 100 ft, no problems and yes, it looks good.
Old 11 July 2007, 18:51
Been There Done That

Looking Good is an Important factor.
Old 11 July 2007, 19:17
Probationary User

Most of my team use the G-Shock "Mudman" - in subdued color scheme. Holds multiple times including Zulu. Can not display both local and zulu at the same time, but easy to switch between them. I have dove it to 40+ M, submerged it in mud, sand, and miscellaneous grime and body fluids with no problems. Claims to be diveable to 200M but I havent taken below 40 M. Goes for around $80.

Wont get you as many cool guy points as the Rolex but it works for us poor SWAT types.

Last edited by KCSDMedic; 11 July 2007 at 19:22.
Old 11 July 2007, 22:27
Been There Done That

Rolex Explorer II. Black Face. (they also make a white face version that is nice as well, but I think the Black face is a little easier to read and more "tactical") Have one and have put it through a lot. Dual time zone as you requested and is water proof to 100meters. Very nice watch and will last a lifetime. Worth the money.
Old 12 July 2007, 04:39
Callsign: Turkey Bacon

Welcome aboard KCSDMedic..

thanks for filling out your profile.
Old 12 July 2007, 12:47
Verified SOF

Rolex also makes the "Submariner", a great dive watch. It comes in different colors and it's expensive like all Rolex watches.
Old 12 July 2007, 13:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFS0AVN
Rolex also makes the "Submariner", a great dive watch. It comes in different colors and it's expensive like all Rolex watches.
Darn we keep coming back to Rolex Casio and all the others are OK but Rolex is a home run and you do not have to doubt them.:D
Old 12 July 2007, 13:15
Confirmed User

Well I have had nothing but prolems with my Rolex Sub... Wore it once cracked the crown. Never worked the same.

I have had a number of Panerai's that I have used and kept better time and a lot more rugged.

Price was not a issuse to me. If price is a issue. Look at TAG or Casio.

G-shock is the best by far.

RO!!!
Old 12 July 2007, 13:20
Probationary User

Damn, they must be payin you SF boys GOOD if your all wearing Rolex watches :D . I picked the wrong job. I would be concerned about operating with a $2,500 watch on my wrist. While with the AF I wore the Zodiac Dive watch, bitchen watch but not dual time capable....and half the price of Rolex, but the AF payed for that.
Old 12 July 2007, 14:25
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycurgus
I need a watch that can hold at least 2 different times (local, zulu) and looks fairly tactical. Also, needs to be divable to at least 100m. Any ideas?
Lycurgus, I believe Frog and Rat and Combat tac divers have a handle on this question. They use these watches in what they do. so, you need to pick their brains on watch brand names. I'm surprised not more Combat Tac Divers picked up on this tread.

Last edited by SFS0AVN; 12 July 2007 at 14:44.
Old 12 July 2007, 14:39
Probationary User

For the limited Tac Diving I do....(no where near what the Frogs on the board do)...I am still going with the G-Shock Mudman. In addition to having dual time capability it has several options for timers, reverse times, dual stopwatch, large display easy to see while at depth, decent light with large button so its easy to hit with gloves on, and it has a flash alert when your timer runs out. I've used several brands in the past (never a Rolex) and this is by far my favorite.
Old 13 July 2007, 00:02
Confirmed User

Hamiltons are highly under-rated. They are owned by Omega, if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, they do very fine work, and use movements on the level of the best in Switzerland. This one has sapphire crystal, 200m waterproof, 21 jewel movement, and is just a really good looking watch with readily apparent quality workmanship. you can get it with a stainless band, too. I have it bookmarked for 'future reference' (ie I want it bad).

$436 is cheap for this.

http://www.bluedial.com/H77615333.htm

And this:

Also peruse this site:

http://www.westcoastime.com/index.html

Last edited by poison; 13 July 2007 at 11:45.
Old 13 July 2007, 12:29
Been There Done That

Partial thread hijack...I've got a Citizen Hyper Aqualand with the computer interface. I haven't been able to get it connected. Anybody else have this watch and/or this problem? The error message I get states something along the lines of not being able to find the watch. Sorry for the hijack.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...:D

Drew
Old 13 July 2007, 12:43
Confirmed User

Ranger Drew,

I never got mine to work either. I sent it back. I am still pissed about this issue. I was told I had sync issues with my Microsoft soft wear.

I told them I wanted my Aqua Marnier back. Had it for 15yrs along with the G-Shock. Both were awesome....

RO!!!
Old 13 July 2007, 12:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT
Ranger Drew,

I never got mine to work either. I sent it back. I am still pissed about this issue. I was told I had sync issues with my Microsoft soft wear.

I told them I wanted my Aqua Marnier back. Had it for 15yrs along with the G-Shock. Both were awesome....

RO!!!
RAT,
Thanks for the info. I like the watch alot so not ready to give up yet. At least now I know it's not me!

Drew
Old 28 August 2007, 01:42
Been There Done That

I have gone through three Rolex's, two subs and one GMT. Wife freaks out when I by a new one. Switched to Omega Seamaster Pro (10 years ago) and is great. I am going to pick up the new Omega GMT, for my Christmas present to my self here very soon...
RLTW,
Ratman

"It's easy to be hard, but hard to be smart"
Old 30 August 2007, 03:31

Interesting thread...
I'm currently looking for at new "work in sandbox" watch. I bought at Suunto X9Mi 5 months ago and it did not last training with the posse. LOL It has a lot of good features such as GPS (that doesn't last that long though).
I have been advised to buy Protrek PRG 1300 3ver. I know a lot guy in the tactical envirorment who loves it...
I also have TAG's but wouldn't wear them to work...

"A watch is the man's only jewlery..." -Someone smart said...

Faint

Our new posting rules