Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28 October 2012, 19:25
lawngnome lawngnome is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort Hood, TX
Posts: 6
PCS Then Airborne or only TDY Enroute?

I have an Airborne date from 29MAR13 to 19APR13, and the Civil Affairs Qualification Course starting 28APR13 with a tentative report date of 10APR13.

Do I have to do TDY Enroute, or can I report to Bragg early and travel to Airborne from there? Five business days to inprocess and find a place to live seems a bit rushed. I requested to report 60 days early thinking I could PCS first, then go Airborne, but I don't know if that is even possible.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30 October 2012, 06:15
WooDyP WooDyP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Bragg
Posts: 12
Not sure if it is the same but hope it helps. I'm currently at Bragg for the PSYOP qual course. For us we had to be jump qualified to sign in, so anyone who reported early and was not airborne, was not allowed to sign in and told they must do airborne en route. Not sure if it is the same for the CA guys. Your best bet will be to call over there and double check.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31 October 2012, 20:39
Cooper Cooper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 3
Not to hijack your thread OP, but when did you start the whole process? When did you do CAAS? And how long since you passed CAAS from the time you got your Orders and Report Dates etc?

Any help is appreciated, as I just fired off my packet on FRI last week to the CA Recruiters. Thanks much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 November 2012, 12:16
lawngnome lawngnome is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort Hood, TX
Posts: 6
I turned in my packet in May and went to the September selection. From there if you got selected you either went to the 2013 January, April, or September CAQC dates. I got my ATRRS dates within a few weeks after CAAS, but so far my S1 is saying I won't get orders until 90 days before my report date. I'm trying to get them sooner so I can work out the TDY Enroute and moving my family.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18 February 2014, 14:06
Ayleeon Ayleeon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bragg
Posts: 20
Hello,

I wanted to see what you ended up doing, in reference to the CACQ move. I am in the same situation. CAQC in a month, and AB in 20 days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18 February 2014, 14:16
Floyd Floyd is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AZ, no more snow for me
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayleeon View Post
Hello,

I wanted to see what you ended up doing, in reference to the CACQ move. I am in the same situation. CAQC in a month, and AB in 20 days.
You'll need to post an intro before anyone else will respond to you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18 February 2014, 14:35
Ayleeon Ayleeon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bragg
Posts: 20
rgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
You'll need to post an intro before anyone else will respond to you.
Will do. Just posted. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18 February 2014, 15:54
Floyd Floyd is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AZ, no more snow for me
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayleeon View Post
Will do. Just posted. Thank you.
No problem, welcome to the site. A lot of good info here and there is a lot of answers already on here if you search.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18 February 2014, 16:14
Hotmike's Avatar
Hotmike Hotmike is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: South Coast
Posts: 1,308
ANY time you can go TDY enroute you should choose that option.

You get per diem and lodging! (Unless they have billets available)

I went to a four month school "TDY Enroute" as an E-4, and had no idea how "Smart" that was, until I arrived at my final destination, and filled out my travel voucher!
If I had PCS'd, and THEN attended the course, I would have gotten JACK SQUAT!

I was the only person who attended who had the option, and I Thought I made a big mistake, because I didn't get issued a "Meal Card" like everyone else, and had to pay out of pocket...(at $46 a day for meals and incidentals, I got $6720 for Perdiem alone, and some of those Chow Hall meals cost up to $3.50)

Sometimes, being "different" pays off...
HK
__________________
- A Pessimist will tell you the Glass is Half Empty...
- An Optimist will tell you the Glass is Half Full...
- An Engineer will tell you the Glass is TWICE AS BIG AS IT NEEDS TO BE!

Sometimes you just gotta hoist the Jolly Roger and start slittin' throats!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18 February 2014, 19:43
Ayleeon Ayleeon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bragg
Posts: 20
Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmike View Post
ANY time you can go TDY enroute you should choose that option.

You get per diem and lodging! (Unless they have billets available)

I went to a four month school "TDY Enroute" as an E-4, and had no idea how "Smart" that was, until I arrived at my final destination, and filled out my travel voucher!
If I had PCS'd, and THEN attended the course, I would have gotten JACK SQUAT!

I was the only person who attended who had the option, and I Thought I made a big mistake, because I didn't get issued a "Meal Card" like everyone else, and had to pay out of pocket...(at $46 a day for meals and incidentals, I got $6720 for Perdiem alone, and some of those Chow Hall meals cost up to $3.50)

Sometimes, being "different" pays off...
HK
Much appreciated. Unfortunately, time restraints will only allow me to PCS, then complete my school. Otherwise I would definitely take your advise. Thank you all for responding.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18 February 2014, 19:44
Ayleeon Ayleeon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bragg
Posts: 20
Advice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:26.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET