Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Old 25 February 2014, 22:25

Question Active duty training for POAS.

I have spent a little over a week reading through almost all of the posts in the PSYOP/CA section and all of the stickies so here we go!

I am currently active duty 11B Ive been training up for the past month for POAS, other then rucking my @$$ off and Running instead of driving. I just dont know if im training in the right direction or not? I dont have any one who can guide of point me in the right direction. Not as if im asking for a how to guide to make it as a PSYOP Soldier.

I also how unanswered questions on the process of going through teh various stages of the schooling.

If any one could PM me or any comments anything it would be greatly appriciated.

Im honestly crossing my fingers you all do not tear me to shreds....
Old 25 February 2014, 22:27

And I now Realize I am halfway illiterate.
Old 25 February 2014, 23:08
One jump chump

It's ok... You're Infantry. ;-)
PM sent.

“An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.”
Old 7 April 2014, 08:11
Confirmed User

Do you have a date for POAS yet? Believe me when I say that every class changes and one is never the same. They try to play the ambiguity throughout the entire Q. There are guys who I just graduated with and still can't explain what our job is.
Old 7 April 2014, 08:43
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlown37F View Post
Believe me when I say that every class changes and one is never the same. They try to play the ambiguity throughout the entire Q. There are guys who I just graduated with and still can't explain what our job is.
Expound a bit on this post please. How did you compare and contrast between separate iterations of the qualification course?

Playing ambiguity? How so?

Guys that can't explain what the job is after that amount of training are either poorly trained (Q-Course problem), don't have the aptitude for the training (Selection and Assessment problem), or are lazy and didn't pay attention (SM problem).

I'm curious to hear your personal observations.

Old 13 April 2014, 04:17
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37F5V View Post
Expound a bit on this post please. How did you compare and contrast between separate iterations of the qualification course?

Playing ambiguity? How so?

Guys that can't explain what the job is after that amount of training are either poorly trained (Q-Course problem), don't have the aptitude for the training (Selection and Assessment problem), or are lazy and didn't pay attention (SM problem).

I'm curious to hear your personal observations.
First let me say that confusion was not my intent for this post. The only way I've compared the selection course was by comparing it with friends of mine who went at other times prior to the Q-Course start. For example I went in fall of 2012 and others have gone early 2013 or as right prior to the course start. Each were very, very different.
Now the ambiguity piece. What my intention was to point out the fact (especially to those who've never attended a selection before) that there is little to no contact with the cadre during the phases of assessment (not including the personal interviews that are conducted) which may cause people to quit on themselves. Some people just cannot handle not having feed back.
Now to address your last part. Now as far as not being trained well enough, that is definitely a problem with certain cadre, but I feel as though that's an issue in any of the Q's. To wrap it up I completely agree with the fact that A&S failed to keep the wrong people out. Apologies if anything came across out of line
Old 13 April 2014, 06:56
One jump chump

Nothing was out of line, no worries. Thanks for the clarification.

Our new posting rules