Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Old 7 August 2014, 20:27
Confirmed User

MISO back to PSYOP

In case many of you former/current PSYOPers were unaware, the MISOC is officially done with and we are returning to POB & POG. From what the memo states: PSYOP is who we are now
and MISO is what we do. Take that as you will, we all know big changes are coming down the line such as the integration with the 1st Special Forces Command and well as possibly splitting the 37F MOS into 3 cmf's and the first steps of creating a PSYOP Warrant MOS. Big Big changes….
Old 7 August 2014, 21:12
Been There Done That

I would be a little bit pleased if USASOC or its subordinate commands could make a big change and then wait longer than 3 years before we reverse, nullify, or substantively modify it...but that's just me...
Old 7 August 2014, 22:31
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I would be a little bit pleased if USASOC or its subordinate commands could make a big change and then wait longer than 3 years before we reverse, nullify, or substantively modify it...but that's just me...
Keep dreaming... Nothing but constant turmoil. Some of it self-inflicted, some of it pushed down from on high. Next step will be big Army saying "FU put it all back."

“An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.”
Old 8 August 2014, 01:01
BTDT

you have to keep the shells moving if you plan to fool anyone with the shell game that is 2022......
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 8 August 2014, 01:13
In Vino Veritas

Fucking clown show...
Attached Images
File Type: png ing.png (76.0 KB, 450 views)
Old 8 August 2014, 08:16
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
you have to keep the shells moving if you plan to fool anyone with the shell game that is 2022......
Embrace it!

Old 8 August 2014, 10:36
BTDT

...oh I do embrace it. I think it is the most greatest.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 1 October 2014, 04:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlown37F View Post
In case many of you former/current PSYOPers were unaware, the MISOC is officially done with and we are returning to POB & POG. From what the memo states: PSYOP is who we are now
and MISO is what we do. Take that as you will, we all know big changes are coming down the line such as the integration with the 1st Special Forces Command and well as possibly splitting the 37F MOS into 3 cmf's and the first steps of creating a PSYOP Warrant MOS. Big Big changes….
Oh SNAP! If you are correct about the Warrant path opening up, I may not be getting out after all! *crossing fingers

-Bro
Back from hiatus
Ft. Bragg, NC
Old 1 October 2014, 06:54
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro View Post
Oh SNAP! If you are correct about the Warrant path opening up, I may not be getting out after all! *crossing fingers

-Bro
Back from hiatus
Ft. Bragg, NC
Curious. What would you do differently as a Warrant Officer that you can't/don't do now?

Old 12 November 2014, 17:55
Confirmed User

Good question 37F5V;

After much thought and more beer... having WO's may not be a great thing after all.

-Bro
Old 21 December 2014, 19:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro View Post
Good question 37F5V;

After much thought and more beer... having WO's may not be a great thing after all.

-Bro
Well to caveat that, since I'm currently deployed on a mist, one of the biggest problems I've experienced is the lack of continuity. Even though it's a struggle to get repeat deployers to countries (in the regional batts), warrants may be that link to country continuity. I'm not saying warrants would be deployed on a mist, but would command that specific country mission and be the linkage between the team in country and the team in the chute, since we all know team members get swapped at the very last second. This way that warrant would be the SME on all series, programs and events for that country. And please don't tell me that's the rist's job cause thats a whole different can of worms.
Just some food for thought
Old 24 December 2014, 14:28

The way the restructuring was explained to me is that we should see an increase of RC assignments.
Old 21 January 2015, 13:29
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlown37F View Post
Well to caveat that, since I'm currently deployed on a mist, one of the biggest problems I've experienced is the lack of continuity. Even though it's a struggle to get repeat deployers to countries (in the regional batts), warrants may be that link to country continuity. I'm not saying warrants would be deployed on a mist, but would command that specific country mission and be the linkage between the team in country and the team in the chute, since we all know team members get swapped at the very last second. This way that warrant would be the SME on all series, programs and events for that country. And please don't tell me that's the rist's job cause thats a whole different can of worms.
Just some food for thought
I think that you're on track with some of the thoughts coming from the senior leadership.

A few thoughts that I offer are:
Identify the role of a WO as it applies to our craft. Continuity, while fairly critically important, cannot be the sole purpose behind a push for WOs in our community.

Developing a path for senior NCOs that enable them to fulfill the specific requirements to function as a WO in our career field. Becoming a WO shouldn't be so simplistic as attaining a grade, sticking around for a required amount of time, and going to school. What specific jobs have you performed, what advanced SOF PME do you have, etc?

What does a WO do upon completion of the entry level position? What does the career model look like in such a limited capacity unit? Active MISO/PSYOP are 2 X Groups. With the exception of TSOC and a few other external positions there isn't a whole lot of room for growth.

I am personally not a fan of getting WOs just to have WOs. I am a fan of developing a carrer track for SNCOs who have a desire to serve in an advanced capacity outside of the traditional leadership track. Not everyone wants to be, will be, or should be a 1SG, SGM, or CSM. This isn't to say that they aren't skilled at their craft or good Soldiers. Perhaps a WO program is the answer? I don't know. What I do know is that the MOS split is supported by those whose support we need. As we develop the systems, and get them in place to capitalize on the opportunity, I can see more than one gap where we can potentially use the skillset of a competant WO type entity.

Old 21 January 2015, 14:07
Been There Done That

SF Branch has a whole bunch of unneeded warrants we can donate to the cause.
Old 21 January 2015, 16:02
One jump chump

Quote:
Wasn't trying to go there...

Old 21 January 2015, 18:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Oh, SNAP! LMAO

Our new posting rules