Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 20 December 2016, 16:23
Confirmed User

So far 7 KIA including PUK Iraqi Kurd asayish(police force) injured so far is 19 with several critical. They hit two places one near Iraqi Kurd checkpoint other directly at political office area.
Old 20 December 2016, 16:28
Confirmed User

The explosives were inside two motorcycles that were parked in areas. No word on if they have video footage (if infront of pdki they will) or who initiated the attack. But where the political office is there are numerous checkpoints for vehicle searches and such so it wasn't some amateur lonewolf ISIS attack. The motorcycles passed through atleast 3 checkpoints on the road to koyesinjaq (or koya)
Old 20 December 2016, 16:36
Confirmed User

atleast 10 KIA. Including PUK security forces and Iranian kurds. BALOCH liberation movement in sistan has condemned the attack and has said they would respond accordingly
Old 20 December 2016, 17:54
Confirmed User

Rohjalati forces are mobilizing in coordination in response to attack. Ill update as i know more and after the operations
Old 20 December 2016, 18:47
Confirmed User

Redbull,
Thanks for posting the information and providing an education to some of us that we otherwise wouldn't get.

Stay safe over there
Old 20 December 2016, 18:58
Red Headed Stepchild

RB -

Great info, thanks
Old 20 December 2016, 19:50
Confirmed User

BALOCH, Iranian seperatists are mobilizing as of now. Dshka strela etc. Reesponse to attk wiĺl be severe
Old 20 December 2016, 19:51
Confirmed User

Look for attacks against the regime in Tehran Nd istafan and tehran shortly
Old 20 December 2016, 22:19
Confirmed User

There will be reciprocal attacks shortly. By a mixed unit of baloch Azeri and Kurdish forces. Stay tuned***
Old 20 December 2016, 22:58
Confirmed User

There's been a attack in sistan/balochistan against security forces as of 10 minutes ago the fight is still on going. There is coordination happening between pdki and other parties now for a coordinated push on Iranian positions. As for the attack so far 10+ KIA with dozens wounded. KIA includes Iraqi forces and Iranian kurds. This looks like a event that will propel Iranian Kurdish nationalism to another level. There will be reciprical attacks in the coming days/week's. I will post as they happen and links to pics/vids of contacts
Old 20 December 2016, 23:00
Confirmed User

HAI is claiming a attack against a outpost on the iran/pak border.
Old 20 December 2016, 23:02
Confirmed User

The area I am at we've been told to get ready but not to attack yet. It looks like the group's are going to be hitting outpost positions and or the actual Iraq/Iran roadways. Waiting on orders now for the go ahead. And heavy weapons are being moved along with t echnicals are being put in entrenched areas.

Last edited by RedBull; 20 December 2016 at 23:09.
Old 21 December 2016, 02:32
Violent Social Worker

Redbull you should start a GoFundMe bro.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 21 December 2016, 03:02
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Redbull you should start a GoFundMe bro.
I don't accept donations to kill people. Not once have I asked for funds nor will I ever. Im not a merc nor am I a person to take funds to support a insurgency. I kill those who oppose legitmacy but I do it for free.
Old 21 December 2016, 03:32
What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
I don't accept donations to kill people. Not once have I asked for funds nor will I ever. Im not a merc nor am I a person to take funds to support a insurgency. I kill those who oppose legitmacy but I do it for free.
......."I kill those who oppose legitimacy but I do it for free"

Succinct and unequivocal statement of the year.
Old 21 December 2016, 04:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA SGT View Post
......."I kill those who oppose legitimacy but I do it for free"

Succinct and unequivocal statement of the year.
Lol. As bad as it sounds I came to the region to help, not make money. I just got caught up in a on going insurgency in multiple areas (balochistan and Iranian kurdistan). Could I make $ probably. But is $ everything? Nah. How many people have crept into the Iranian border with seperatists or in waziristan area without approval. I like to fight for the democratic underdogs that our political policies have neglected. It's as much as a social excitement as it is trying to right the wrongs out country has done to areas by misunderstanding cultures,religions etc. I'll probably die in a inhospitable area with a insurgent group but atleast I have gained cultural and political knowledge that many don't see. I've picked up Urdu,Arabic,behdini,sorani and kurmanji in 24 months as well. So it's enjoyable. I get to see a side not many get too.
Old 21 December 2016, 04:20
Confirmed User

Since I am sure I'll get messages. I spent some months with a group associated with the hiqqani network. And unlike our intel or scholars would believe they are nationalists over islamists. Theyve allied with the deplorables(ha Donald trump reference)as its a way for them to continue their fight. i spent months in paktia fighting against supposed islamists who I now spent time with to realize they are nothing more then a psychotic nationalist movement not Islamic.
much like Iranians. Majority are secular they just don't want to be hanged and or see no way out against their political system. They are however heavily nationalist over Islamist but will support the regime if attacked by a outside force.
And it is super easy to cross multiple countries in the ME to SW Asia without getting a single passport stamp.

Last edited by RedBull; 21 December 2016 at 04:44.
Old 21 December 2016, 17:08
What could possibly go wrong?

Haqqani network.......they and some buddies tried their best to kill me near Khost. Didn't work out so well for them, but they got some licks in too. They are short a few friends now......give them my best.
Old 23 December 2016, 01:46
Orbi tertio spumae

Respect brah.
Old 13 January 2017, 16:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA SGT View Post
Haqqani network.......they and some buddies tried their best to kill me near Khost. Didn't work out so well for them, but they got some licks in too. They are short a few friends now......give them my best.
The Hiqqani tribe is a mix of jihadist assholes, nationalists and thugs rolled into one. Many don't support attacking western countries in jihad but do support the expulsion of US forces and western countries out of Afgh. The thing with a lot of these tribes allied to the Taliban is the Taliban never really fucked with them but gave them space to do as they pleased for the most part as they didn't want to lose the support or have them against them. The tribalism in the afgh/pak area is significant. Piss off the tribes & elders and you have issues. Keep them appeased/somewhat incheck and your fine. The west failed to understand the issue on multiple levels.
I'm not pro Taliban by any means either but our failure was not getting the tribal areas to continually back a new afgh gov. They see the current gov as a puppet regime such as what was implemented in the soviet-afgh war.
Until this is resolved we either need to keep troops 24/7 in afgh or somehow reconcile these cross border tribes to not support insurgency activities and actions. And after 8+ years its going to be hard if not nigh impossible to do so.

Our new posting rules