SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 August 2016, 08:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet65 View Post
how about the 10,000 meter mens race where the winner fell down then came back. Very impressive.
Yep, a real race to the finish in the last 200 meters. Kind of disappointed to see America's Rupp finish 5th, since he took a Silver in 2012. Let's hope he does well in the marathon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 15 August 2016, 08:23
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Yep, a real race to the finish in the last 200 meters. Kind of disappointed to see America's Rupp finish 5th, since he took a Silver in 2012. Let's hope he does well in the marathon.
It looked like he lost several positions once he realized he had tripped up his training partner and was never able to recover.

During the qualifiers, the announcers were saying that he has been focusing on the marathon and was averaging 245 miles a week preparing for it. I hope he does well.
Old 15 August 2016, 08:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
That's what I do on the Army PT test. I'm in last place the entire first mile, then just sprint the second mile, passing alot of bewildered young guys on the way to the end.
Nothing more refreshing than beating the young guys on the track.
Old 16 August 2016, 00:10
Confirmed User

I was listening to a track and field announcer today speaking about Bolt, and his claim was that it is not that Bolt accelerates after 50 or 60 yards, but rather the others all slow down. he was claiming that is a reason why Bolt does so well in the 200 in addition to the 100 as he can maintain that extremely high speed longer than others.

I also thought it was interesting that the announcer at the olympics claims that Bolt requires 41 steps to finish the 100 while the others take 44 or 45.
Old 16 August 2016, 00:27
Confirmed User

Bolt, 29 yrs old and running like a Cheetah [smiling]...amazing!
Old 16 August 2016, 01:31
Been There Done That

So........evidently a distant cousin of mine came in second in her heat in the women's 400 hurdles- Noelle Montcalm of Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noelle_Montcalm

We're all descended from Gen Louis-Joseph Montcalm, Commander of French Forces in the French and Indian War, whom Roger's Rangers helped to contribute to his defeat and demise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis-Joseph_de_Montcalm

Ironic, no?
Old 17 August 2016, 00:01
Livin' On Blues Power

What a dick move. Same reason I never took up the high bar, couldnt get the schwanstukker to clear very often. Its like a rudder in the wind at altitude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg high_jump_japanese_penis.jpg (32.5 KB, 200 views)
Old 17 August 2016, 12:30
Authorized Personnel

Very surprised to see the American girls lose at beach volleyball last night. It was interesting and telling to see how they reacted when things started falling apart.
Old 17 August 2016, 13:19
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
Very surprised to see the American girls lose at beach volleyball last night. It was interesting and telling to see how they reacted when things started falling apart.
Walsh-Jennings was 26-0 in Olympic matches until last night. It was bound to happen sooner or later and the Brazilians had their A-game going.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 17 August 2016, 13:46
Been There Done That

Seriously? Talk about some stuffed up German officials. I think it is pretty awesome the twin sisters finished together, and holding hands as they crossed the line.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ge...145712458.html

Old 17 August 2016, 14:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
From Lochte- “We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over,” Lochte said. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, “Get down,” and I put my hands up, I was like ‘whatever.’ He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials.”

Sltwtr1

OUT

Looks like a Judge is questioning their story, and was trying to get their passports. To me it reeks of Brazil just wanting to cover up their image.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/report-judge-issues-order-to-seize-ryan-lochtes-passport-144459450.html

Old 17 August 2016, 14:14
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Looks like a Judge is questioning their story, and was trying to get their passports. To me it reeks of Brazil just wanting to cover up their image.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/report-judge-issues-order-to-seize-ryan-lochtes-passport-144459450.html
Lochte is already stateside. His lawyer served up a legal "fuck you" to Brazil- as in... He ain't coming back for that bullshit warrant.
Old 17 August 2016, 14:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Too late for Lochte, he's already back in the states, not sure about his swim buddy.
Old 17 August 2016, 14:49
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
They mentioned that to play Brazil, her and Ross switched sides and changed up their strategy a bit.

I never thought Walsh's head was totally in the game, and she mishandled several serves that became aces for Brazil. Brazil was just the better team last night, offensively and defensively. That said, the U.S. stayed with them right up until that point in the 2nd set when the Brazilians just pulled away. And in order to do so, they played lights out. I remember a couple of volleys that I thought for sure would get the US back into it, but the Brazilians were able to perform some beach volleyball magic.

Wasn't really an upset as Brazil was seeded higher. Was hoping they'd get a chance to play for gold anyhow.

Quote:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/re...144459450.html
Brings to mind the ordeal of the American crew piloting an Embraer that collided with a 737 in mid air a decade ago, where the Brazilians tried to pawn off blame for the mishap on the surviving pilots, when in fact it was an ATC error that set the whole thing in motion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gol_Tr...f_Embraer_crew

Last edited by Spinner; 17 August 2016 at 14:57.
Old 17 August 2016, 15:06
Been There Done That

The local Lochte story is that when he returned to Olympic Village from the party/robbery, he went through the standard metal detector for Olympic Village and the wallet he claims was stolen is allegedly visible on the security video.

I haven't seen the alleged video.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 17 August 2016, 15:34
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

The plot thickens.
Old 17 August 2016, 16:12
Authorized Personnel

I haven't talked to Ryan or anyone who knows him very well (a number of my friends).

I know Ryan and his whole family. I used to go to his families house and was shown his Gold after Athens.

Having said that, he did say they didn't take his cell or creds..

So we will see what plays out...

My 30,000 ft opinion, not having talked to anyone in the know..

They were probably coming back from a whorehouse or somewhere "other than" directly from the French House.

This is ONLY MY GUESS with no further info. However, IMO that or something similar is probably why they were hesitant to report the incident initially and why there might be some gray areas..

Just my .02

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Sltwtr1; 17 August 2016 at 16:22.
Old 17 August 2016, 16:55
Policeman Officer

/\ Exactly what I figured too. He's lucky to be alive if he interacted with an armed robbery crew the way he says he did. Not smart at all.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 17 August 2016, 17:00
Been There Done That

Well, based on the spirit of the games, and in relation to my initial post, little Miss Siri Arun Budcharern took 5th place in the 3rd heat of the 50m Freestyle with a personal best of 32:55.

Overall beating out 11 other Olympic swimmers from various African and Middle Eastern countries. Well done for a young girl from Laos.

Old 17 August 2016, 17:23
Authorized Personnel

The hurdle events have been particularly brutal to a few athletes this Olympics.

Our new posting rules