Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 12 August 2017, 14:33
Been There Done That

Racial tensions get bad in Virginia.

Looks like the Governor has declared a state of emergency in Virginia. White pride protests met with opposition and turns violence.

Of course the Charlottesville Mayor is stating it is all President Trump's fault for creating this environment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hundreds-...153523499.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12 August 2017, 14:37
Been There Done That

The Walton's are fueding?

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 12 August 2017, 14:51
Problem Solver

Car plows into group of counter-protestors:

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/...34516260212737

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 12 August 2017, 14:54
Authorized Personnel

It's always disgusting to see people that can't express themselves like adults and have to act like clowns and hurt others for no reason.

As to their blaming the President. No...it isn't because of him...it's because of the good Mayor's locals who can't get along like adults. The blame should stop there.
Old 12 August 2017, 15:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
It's always disgusting to see people that can't express themselves like adults and have to act like clowns and hurt others for no reason.

As to their blaming the President. No...it isn't because of him...it's because of the good Mayor's locals who can't get along like adults. The blame should stop there.
The police there have their work cut out for them, that is for sure.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 12 August 2017, 16:08
**** Cancer

Tim Pool, who's quickly becoming one of the only real journalist out there, has a good take on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqy-...em-uploademail
"Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations!"

~ Frdric Bastiat
Old 12 August 2017, 16:22
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Tim Pool, who's quickly becoming one of the only real journalist out there, has a good take on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqy-...em-uploademail
He makes some very good points, but wearing a toboggan in hot weather is distracting. Maybe I should watch it again without looking.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 12 August 2017, 18:28
Make a desert and call it peace.

Police helo crashed, 2 reported dead. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Im about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnt do if you still had your weapons." L. Neil Smith
Old 12 August 2017, 18:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Police helo crashed, 2 reported dead. S/F....Ken M

Damn, Rest in Peace to the Fallen.
Old 12 August 2017, 19:00
do Mham

Was there earlier this week doing contingency and incident action planning as part of the regional IMT supporting Charlottesville and have friends still working in the AO. As of this post real world is unfortunately closely mirroring scenarios we table topped with responders now working the incident. Godspeed to the fallen and real pain to the a-holes.
Old 12 August 2017, 20:23
Confirmed User

Maybe they should just let the statues be.

In some fuzzy math it is my understanding that the Social Security board of directors sent Congress a letter saying they need a several trillion dollar bail out or Social Security will fail very soon.

Not sure how we have money to move statues and if this is what violence looks like over some granite - imagine what it will look like when social security fails.
Old 12 August 2017, 20:40
In From The East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
Maybe they should just let the statues be.

In some fuzzy math it is my understanding that the Social Security board of directors sent Congress a letter saying they need a several trillion dollar bail out or Social Security will fail very soon.

Not sure how we have money to move statues and if this is what violence looks like over some granite - imagine what it will look like when social security fails.
The same shit is coming to Richmond. The lib mayor is jockeying to take down the statues of Robert E Lee etc....
Maybe he should worry about, I don't know, the murder rate or the shitty inner city schools.
Old 12 August 2017, 20:41
Confirmed User

Quote:

No no no you're looking at this all wrong ---- we have to get rid of those evil white people statues while we still have the money!

Personally, I can't wait for the SS domino to fall. Of course, we all know the gov will never let it fail, so expect the FED to print a few trillion $$$ and park it in the SS "trust fund" (that was raided in the 90s and is now a pay-as-you-go system).
Old 12 August 2017, 20:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
No no no you're looking at this all wrong ---- we have to get rid of those evil white people statues while we still have the money!
This made me laugh, how could I have been so blind?!?!
Old 12 August 2017, 21:20
Confirmed User

Damn, this is making the left media salivate. They want that driver to be a white supremist.
Old 12 August 2017, 21:22
It is what it is...

Everything is about race now a days. I accidentally closed out of it too early, however, there's a video on YT of the news going on with an African American individual on there. Now, I understand that in certain ways, black people are oppressed. I can't remember who it was on SOCNET that said this but I must say that I agree with her, BLM movement and protests make all white people seem out to be racist. These guys are protesting so much that public opinions are shifting around making it so hard to law enforcement officers to do their jobs, that they're leaving the force in the fear of either losing their freedom for doing their jobs or losing their lives from the lack of reactions required to make that one split second decision to prevent losing their freedom. This forces these agencies to lower their standards which by process of elimination, creates the monsters that the BLM movement is trying to make them out to be. This AA guy that was on the news was talking about how "these white supremacist movement members' future are sealed and their fate is determined" or something like that. So my questioning behind this is, now that a group of white people has stood up and spoken their minds with blacks getting jealous that they're not the only ones saying something, are we basically about to start a miniature civil war between stupid people that simply inflict violence because they either have nothing better to do with their time or because they're too damn stupid to see what's going on around them. That not all whites are racist and not all blacks are useless. Racism protests seem to be, on the blacks' end, focused on "slavery many, many years ago" and compared to now. If you live off of the government because you don't want to get off your ass and go to work, then you protesting against the government just exploits your stupidity further. However, for those that live off of the government with no ability to work, that's a different story. It would be so much nicer to see this country stand up as a unit as opposed to two separate sides of the same line between people with the color of the inside of an apple and the color of a tree trunk. We all have the same rights and yet because so many opinions differ, the ones that want to make it seem as if they have no rights (not just blacks) are the ones losing them because they do stupid things like this...

Last edited by BulletAim; 12 August 2017 at 21:28.
Old 12 August 2017, 21:28
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
The same shit is coming to Richmond. The lib mayor is jockeying to take down the statues of Robert E Lee etc....
Maybe he should worry about, I don't know, the murder rate or the shitty inner city schools.
Don't you get it? If he removes the statues he gets to let the schools and crime stay shitty for 10 more years. or at least another term.
Old 12 August 2017, 21:31
Confirmed User

It's starting to pop up online that the driver is Antifa and a registered democrat.

The entire event may have been staged.

The above is unsubstantiated by ordained press, so mileage may vary.

if this is out of the news cycle by Monday, you know the deal.
Old 12 August 2017, 21:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
It's starting to pop up online that the driver is Antifa and a registered democrat.

It's almost as if getting caught is part of their plan......

Old 12 August 2017, 21:44
Problem Solver

Quote:

The above is unsubstantiated by ordained press, so mileage may vary.

if this is out of the news cycle by Monday, you know the deal.
Yeah, mileage most definitely varies:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/james-...age-bio-video/

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules