SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 16 June 2016, 01:56
War on Christmas veteran

The people holding a vigil for the victims are shitlibs?

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 16 June 2016, 02:04

BLM vs LGBT.

One leftist group attacking another because it's violating some batshit insane idea of theirs.
Old 16 June 2016, 02:25
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
BLM vs LGBT.

One leftist group attacking another because it's violating some batshit insane idea of theirs.
I get the black activist choosing to make the vigil for the dead gays about race being batshit.
But how are LGBT mourning the murder of fifty of their own being batshit?

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 16 June 2016, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
I get the black activist choosing to make the vigil for the dead gays about race being batshit.
But how are LGBT mourning the murder of fifty of their own being batshit?
The LGBT mourning wasn't batshit. The BLM attacks because "there's too many white people there" is batshit.

The LGBT crowd is one of the "protected classes" of people by the Left. So is BLM. Now BLM is attacking the LGBT crowd. Probably because the LGBT is getting publicity now, and BLM cannot stand it when they're not the centers of attention.

Hence, we have various leftist groups attacking one another.
Old 16 June 2016, 08:17
The Sagacious One

BLM is pissed because one again it prevents them from getting a pass for acting like savages as it shows a "Protected Class" can protest, in peace and make their point without burning down a city.
Old 16 June 2016, 09:11
Authorized Personnel

Also BLM is pissed because during the attack the savage told a black girl that he "wasn't there to kill blacks" - took away their thunder and brought focus to another protected class. More evidence of the lunacy of it all.
Old 16 June 2016, 09:27
Administrator

BLM is pissed because being pissed is their reason for having the BLM movement.
Old 16 June 2016, 09:55
I really don't care

Just heard Trump making comments in his speech yesterday about how the shooting would have gone down much differently had the victims in the gay bar had weapons. Two things come to mind. Fla is a state that is CCW favorable, and the victims in that club are not the demographic which carries guns.

From all I see and read, Trump is closer to doing something with the gun issue than HRC is.
Old 16 June 2016, 09:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
BLM is pissed because being pissed is their reason for having the BLM movement.
I don't think they're angry. It's just their playbook: make whitey look bad, silence any uppity whitey looking like they are good and kind towards "others"
Old 16 June 2016, 13:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
Oh right, our fault, not the inherent homophobia in Islamic culture:

https://newrepublic.com/article/134311/orlando-exposed-islams-huge-homophobia-problem

Quote:
Yet after the gay community was specifically and brutally targeted, far too many Muslim activists and leaders were silent on the homophobia within the Islamic community. The prominent scholar Yasir Qadhi claimed that “the guy was mental, plain and simple” and that “Islam’s stance on homosexuality is IRRELEVANT to this massacre, period.” This would be like saying racism was irrelevant in the shooting of a black church in Charleston, South Carolina, last summer.

The LGBTQ community has been attacked by a man whose civil rights and whose faith would have been fiercely protected by liberals. Pressing questions need to be asked. The most important of these is whether Islamic culture, or Middle Eastern and Central-South Asian social mores—the major assumptions upon which Mateen based his life—were themselves discriminatory and hateful towards gays. It is time to ask whether such attitudes were the mental fingers on the trigger long before the dreadful morning of June 12, 2016.

---

With all of that being said, the Orlando killer was a Muslim, and so it is worth stating this in the clearest possible terms: A large swath of the Muslim-majority world has a serious problem with gays. No, Islam does not have a monopoly on homophobia. Countries like Jamaica, Honduras, Uganda, Russia, and China have all passed anti-gay legislation. In America, Lawrence v. Texas, the pivotal Supreme Court Case that struck down the ban on homosexual sex, was decided just 13 years ago, in a 6-3 vote. Both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton opposed same-sex marriage in 2008. During the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s, gays were evicted from their houses, fired from their jobs, and turned away from hospitals. Even after they had left this earth, their dead bodies were rejected by funeral homes. The great Martin Luther King thought homosexuality was a mental illness, which is probably why the great James Baldwin never spoke at the March on Washington.

Still, there is no getting around the truth that homophobia is rampant in the Muslim world. It is clerically justified and socially defended. Fifty-one states constitute the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), and ten of them punish homosexual activity with the death penalty, including Afghanistan, where the Orlando killer traced his roots. Nearly all the others have criminalized homosexuality with sentences ranging from one month to life in prison. Gays and lesbians are viewed as demonically inverting nature, as sinners, freaks, deviants, corrupters, insurrectionists, miscreants. Their sexual orientation shames whole families into denouncing them. They live in perpetual fear and perpetual hiding.

---

Sexual repression breeds maniacal obsessions. The old men who spend all their waking moments trying to veil women are themselves responding to the self-hatred that comes from self-abnegation. The young men who are tormented by the thought that two gay people might be in love somewhere are, in fact, bedeviled by the belief deep in their hearts that others are free but they themselves are chained to an antiquated morality. Something has gone terribly wrong in the mental and sexual life of a culture—once rich in diversity—when it is hijacked by a conservative puritanism that is autocratically enforced by repressed men.

Laws that are both impossible to follow and impossible not to break create a terrorizing bipolarity in the minds of individuals and the societies they inhabit. Such customs are passed on from generation to generation, abetted by an elaborate facade of traditional purity. These facades are exposed the moment they are challenged, but challenging them comes with consequences, often fatal. Thus, many Muslim families in the West still practice first-cousin marriage despite the many health risks this carries. In what twisted morality is dating bad but borderline incest ok? Homosexuality sinful but grandfathers marrying teenage girls virtuous?

The fact that a gay bar was attacked by a Muslim man is not to be brushed aside or understated—it is the unconscionable but predictable consequence of a deep-seated homophobia. Which brings me back to the alleged homosexuality of the Orlando killer. His sexual orientation is not a laughing matter, nor is the Muslim-majority world’s attitudes towards gays “irrelevant,” as Yasir Qadhi said. Mateem’s sexual orientation and what Islamic culture says about homosexuality are central to this massacre. The killer’s unrelenting homophobia was a lethal synthesis of what he knew was true about himself and what he knew his fellow Muslims thought of gays. He appears to have been rejecting his own homosexual impulses, which are as natural as heterosexual impulses. His father was himself ruthlessly homophobic. Mateem was afraid of his god, of what his family would say, of how his culture would condemn him, and so his visceral shame became visceral hatred.

Muslim leaders have repeatedly been silent on the sufferings of LGBTQ individuals. They have treated them as though they were unworthy of god’s love. But in debasing gays, Islam’s homophobes have only debased themselves. The battle for civil rights and for dignity will never be won, peace in the Muslim-majority world will never be won, freedom of thought and conscience will never be won, until and unless a sexual revolution accompanies an intellectual one.
It blows my mind how liberals, the champions of women's and gay rights, support Islam, vote for Billary (see donations to their charity, er, private retirement fund), and twist themselves into a pretzel to defend a religion and culture that is diametrically opposed to freedom, and what they believe in (supposedly).
Old 16 June 2016, 13:28
Confirmed User

Howard Stern on Orlando and guns. Like him or hate him, he's a smart man.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...olves-analogy/
Old 16 June 2016, 13:33
Confirmed User

[IMG][/IMG]

Type amen if you agree!!!!!

Haha, triggered.
Old 16 June 2016, 13:48
Confirmed User

I'm pretty sure Matthew Sheppard was murdered by two gay men.
Old 16 June 2016, 17:14
Clorox bearer for SOTB

So... the NYTs blames this on Republicans? Jeebus H. Christ.

I don't think the Islamic terrorist sees middle class country America as a viable target for terrorist activity, only because they want to spread the most fear with the least cost. No one in a major city is going to care one bit if Joe Shit's Walmart gets a VBIED delivery. Ever see those photos from Walmarts? Jeesh. I don't think many of those people in the photos could be taken out with only one VBIED. Just blow a bunch of fat and a few fat hauling carts out of the way...
...and I thought the last election was bad. It's only getting worse, and I see no hope at this point of recovery. We have a generation of LE that think taking people's rights is fine. We apparently can't find a decent politician to save ourselves... and it's all going to be solved by making more bullshit laws, because we all know terrorists play by the rules and laws... (Sharia law perhaps...)
Is there any reset button that will set things back to 1920?

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 16 June 2016, 18:47
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
Is there any reset button that will set things back to 1920?
Worldwide EMP induced by solar flares.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 June 2016, 19:47
Preparing to defend

EMP/Solar Flare - 2016? Counter to Ebola/ Meteor party
Old 17 June 2016, 05:14
Confirmed User

This is to be expected from Vox, but still noteworthy:
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/16/11949302/gun-purchase-orlando
Quote:
I don’t believe we can blame the Orlando shooting on "radical Islam." I do believe Omar Mateen is a product of America’s hypermasculine, police-worshiping society that screamed at him from all directions to stay in the closet, to hide any sort of mental illness, or risk not being a "real man."
I believe Omar Mateen is the manifestation of 2016 America. He is a product of conservative, fear-based rhetoric. He is a product of toxic masculinity pushed on him by our society. I believe Omar Mateen is a genuine representation of the broken American male. And I believe there are many, many more Omar Mateens out there.
Old 17 June 2016, 05:48
Overseas Gunplumber

Have you ever heard of Pink Pistols? The reason no one was carrying is because you cannot CCW in a bar in Florida. In Arizona for example you may carry in a bar, but you may not consume alcohol. In Nevada, you may drink and carry as long as you do not exceed the legal limit of .08.

Florida Statute- 790-06 (12) Places Off-Limits With a Permit/License

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Just heard Trump making comments in his speech yesterday about how the shooting would have gone down much differently had the victims in the gay bar had weapons. Two things come to mind. Fla is a state that is CCW favorable, and the victims in that club are not the demographic which carries guns.

From all I see and read, Trump is closer to doing something with the gun issue than HRC is.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 17 June 2016, 08:10
Authorized Personnel

In the last few days on the evening news(ABC,CBS) have spun this from being a gay Islamic man with ties/proclaimed alligence to ISIS that shot up a gay night club to:

1) a confused "closeted gay man" who's parents we're born in Astan. The actions had nothing to do with being Islamic, it was because he was confused about being gay.

To further their point, the news cast showed a
2) Christian pastor spewing hate and "said he should have killed more gays". What they didn't show shitheads local Imam that is reportable spweing hate towards gays or even the shitheads father comments on gays.

3) waterboarding terrorist in Gitmo 15 years ago- which caused the terrorist to yearn to do something to help his fathers homeland...

They are blaming Anything other than shithead actions due to being radicalized and Islamic

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 17 June 2016, 13:53
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
EMP/Solar Flare - 2016? Counter to Ebola/ Meteor party
I REALLY like this idea... a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
...They are blaming Anything other than shithead actions due to being radicalized and Islamic
Ever hear the quote "You can't handle the truth..."

There are a lot of people that know it, but more people in the news media and government that want to play that old 90s blame game. Blame guns, Republicans, GITMO... everything except the REAL problem. God forbid, I mean Allah forbid, someone call it by it's real name. The govt knew for a long time that this was going to start here. I've had many classes on suicide bombing incidents, responding to mass shooting, active shooter incidents... and all that was before I retired in 2008. I was told directly by the instructor in 2007 at the EMRTC, that suicide bombing by Islamic terrorists IS going to start here, and that it was only a matter of time.

Still looking forward to that EMP. I have a farm, access to everything I need (except SOCNET) and neighbors that are like minded. I have more reloading supplies and weapons than I could ever use in my lifetime, and a good water source. All I really need is a few more hot chicks, and I'd be sitting pretty.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"

Our new posting rules