SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 April 2020, 14:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Fauci loves his patents.
Dude... you just made my laugh. Thanks. I needed that.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 8 April 2020, 14:23
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Nope. Not the only one. Personally cannot wait for him to decide their usefulness has expired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post

Here’s an article critical of Fauci. Yeah. Let’s just shut the country down for 18-25 months until we have a “cure” and or no one is sick. Seriously dude???

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...hes_doing.html

From what I’ve read, Fauci is the epitome of a career bureaucrat who is immune to the adverse effects of the economy shut down. Plus, he’s a Hillary homer too and did a bang up job with aids. Dr Birx doesn’t get me nearly as agitated.
That task force is one of the worst groups that I think POTUS has put together. The sooner they are disbanded, the better we are as a nation. They tend to simply add fear rather than anything good or positive and on top of that -- they never get anything right....
Old 8 April 2020, 14:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
There's a silver lining in all of this. Look at the bright side, heart attack deaths are way down.
More than that

"This Is Strange: Total US Deaths in March 2020 are Actually Down 15% from Average of Prior Four Years"

Story

".......The average for weeks 9 through 11 for the four prior years was a total of 170,555 deaths. For weeks 9 through 11 this year, the total is 153,015, meaning 17,540 fewer people died in America during the first three weeks of March than could be reasonably expected. And the gap between historic deaths and weekly deaths is widening. For week 11, just 47,655 Americans died, 8,773 and 15% fewer than the average for week 11 in the prior four years. And while data on week 12 is not complete, it is trending similar to week 11 and will likely be down by 15% (around 8,700 deaths less than expected) even though 1,919 COVID-19 deaths were reported (in week beginning 3/22)...."

Must be all those drunk drives are off the road. /s
Old 8 April 2020, 15:59
Confirmed User

California has started testing for the antibodies to see if the virus has actually been there since the fall. Vanderbilt is working on one and we hope to get several of our employees tested once they get it up and running. As I said a few weeks ago, we had a ton of people in the area sick in December that tested negative for flu.

Quote:
The team tested 3,200 people at three Bay Area locations on Saturday using an antibody test for COVID-19 and expect to release results in the coming weeks. The data could help to prove COVID-19 arrived undetected in California much earlier than previously thought.

The hypothesis that COVID-19 first started spreading in California in the fall of 2019 is one explanation for the state's lower than expected case numbers.
https://www.ksbw.com/article/new-study-investigates-californias-possible-herd-immunity-to-covid-19/32073873

“Leadership is pissing people off at a rate they can absorb.” - Shane Ray
Old 8 April 2020, 16:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAPete View Post

"This Is Strange: Total US Deaths in March 2020 are Actually Down 15% from Average of Prior Four Years"
/s
TRUMP saves LIVES!!!

Don't forget Easter SEAL's

"DJT 2016"... He didn't know it couldn't be done
Old 8 April 2020, 16:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
California has started testing for the antibodies to see if the virus has actually been there since the fall. Vanderbilt is working on one and we hope to get several of our employees tested once they get it up and running. As I said a few weeks ago, we had a ton of people in the area sick in December that tested negative for flu.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/new-study-investigates-californias-possible-herd-immunity-to-covid-19/32073873
Just came to post that. It's a no brainer, given the article I posted earlier that gave a tally of 450k Chinese that came to the US from Dec on. It would defy logic that it has this constantly hyped, aggressive R0, but none of those 450k transferred anything until we started noticing it/testing for it.
Old 8 April 2020, 16:30
Been There Done That

Well, it's a pretty sure bet now that Fauci is in the pocket of Big Pharma - or at least Gates.

"Anthony Fauci sets stage for mandatory -- lucrative! -- vaccine"

Link

".....What great news for Bill Gates who just announced his foundation is going to spend billions of dollars to help build factories for seven possible coronavirus vaccine makers. “Spend” is probably the wrong word here. Invest is more like it...."

The thinking of "We can never get back to normal until everyone has been vaccinated."

Guess this answers the question of why he's been a Debbie Downer on other ways to mitigate the virus.
Old 8 April 2020, 16:41
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Well, it's a pretty sure bet now that Fauci is in the pocket of Big Pharma - or at least Gates.

Link

".....What great news for Bill Gates who just announced his foundation is going to spend billions of dollars to help build factories for seven possible coronavirus vaccine makers. “Spend” is probably the wrong word here. Invest is more like it...."

The thinking of "We can never get back to normal until everyone has been vaccinated."

Guess this answers the question of why he's been a Debbie Downer on other ways to mitigate the virus.
The Washington Times:

Quote:
It has published many columns which reject the scientific consensuses on climate change, on ozone depletion, on the harmful effects of second-hand smoke, and which have spread misinformation regarding the 2019-2020 coronavirus outbreak.
Old 8 April 2020, 16:54
Administrator

Fauci is bad news and has been for a long time. Ebola comes to mind. He comes across to me as a nerd limelight seeker most of the time and is clearly stuck in his ways and can't think critically about this issue or outside the box.

That said-
The task force is a good idea and has helped cut through a tremendous amount of bureaucracy that it would be impossible for the president to do all by himself.

To say they've never been right or don't bring value is shortsighted IMO and misses the make of the force multiplying effect they have provided.
Old 8 April 2020, 16:55
SOCNET Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Fauci is bad news and has been for a long time. Ebola comes to mind. He comes across to me as a nerd limelight seeker most of the time and is clearly stuck in his ways and can't think critically about this issue or outside the box.

That said-
The task force is a good idea and has helped cut through a tremendous amount of bureaucracy that it would be impossible for the president to do all by himself.

To say they've never been right or don't bring value is shortsighted IMO and misses the make of the force multiplying effect they have provided.
He’s a short man with a short man complex…
Old 8 April 2020, 17:04
Confirmed User

Quote:

Link

You don't say:

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Center/Press-Releases/2010/12/Global-Health-Leaders-Launch-Decade-of-Vaccines-Collaboration

Global Health Leaders Launch Decade of Vaccines Collaboration | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

The collaboration follows the January 2010 call by Bill and Melinda Gates for the next ten years to be the Decade of Vaccines. The Global Vaccine Action Plan will enable greater coordination across all stakeholder groups – national governments, multilateral organizations, civil society, the private sector and philanthropic organizations -- and will identify critical policy, resource, and other gaps that must be addressed to realize the life-saving potential of vaccines.

The Leadership Council is comprised of:

Dr. Margaret Chan, Director General of WHO;
Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, Director of NIAID, part of the National Institutes of Health;
Mr. Anthony Lake, Executive Director for UNICEF;
Ms. Joy Phumaphi, Chair of the International Advisory Committee and Executive Secretary, African Leaders Malaria Alliance
Dr. Tachi Yamada, President of Global Health at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation;
Old 8 April 2020, 17:20
Been There Done That

I see a WHO rep in there also.

You guys ever wonder about how incestuous all these folks appear to be?
Old 8 April 2020, 17:30
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post

That said-

Career governmental medical bureaucrat. This would not be the first time that he set up big pharma for a win: thinks AIDS epidemic and his “failed” response, or short tracking drug studies.

There’s a good chance that he’s the worst person mixed in with the leadership responsible for this response.

Hell... look in the guys eyes, there’s nothing there. Very hyperbolic to say, but that guy became more about power than public medical health a LONG time ago.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 8 April 2020, 18:47
Been There Done That

Good to see Trump slamming the WHO. Trump brought up good point - why we give $450 million a year, a d China gives only $42 million - yet WHO turns a blind eye to China. I guarantee you if you followed the money, many in the higher ups of WHO have been bribed or blackmailed by China.
Old 8 April 2020, 19:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
I see a WHO rep in there also.

You guys ever wonder about how incestuous all these folks appear to be?
Are you saying that it's more consanguineous than an Appalachian marriage?
Old 8 April 2020, 20:17
NKDA

If you have any type of medical background, please take a look at the COVID opportunity I just posted in the Domestic Jobs area.
Old 8 April 2020, 23:13
I aim to misbehave

OK, I understand obvious doesn't mean correct, but the mechanism of action for HCQ treatment seems fairly obvious: viral infections, and particularly respiratory viruses, seem to cause a great deal of damage by manipulating the body's innate immune system into cytokine release syndrom. HCQ moderates TLR-9 signalling, thereby lowering cytokine levels. That doesn't seem to be the same at all as what the author of that article described. If we're looking at cytokine release syndrom as the major damaging factor, then yeah, HCQ could be a good treatment, but so could vagus nerve stimulation, cordyceps mushrooms, or hippy meditation. Do we have any idea who wrote that article, what their credentials are, or why their account on Medium was suspended?

Edit: I'm not a medical professional. I majored in biochem for a while, and have an interest in the human immune system. Nothing more.

Quote:
I have no clue as to if this story has any truth to it or is bull shit.

Would be nice if one of the medical types could glance through it and offer an opinion. All that I caught, I guess, is that when talking about the virus (RNA) they said "snippets of DNA in an envelope".

"Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret."

Story

"In the last 3–5 days, a mountain of anecdotal evidence has come out of NYC, Italy, Spain, etc. about COVID-19 and characteristics of patients who get seriously ill. It’s not only piling up but now leading to a general field-level consensus backed up by a few previously little-known studies that we’ve had it all wrong the whole time. Well, a few had some things eerily correct (cough Trump cough), especially with Hydroxychloroquine with Azithromicin, but we’ll get to that in a minute......."

I think my digging shows this to be a somewhat combination piece of a few papers relating to the issue. But I'm not med related and ain't got a clue.

While true:
Continue
Old 8 April 2020, 23:45
Confirmed User

I'm just here for the cordyceps. Those are awesome.
Old 8 April 2020, 23:49
NKDA

Updates and detailed insights of the COVID pharmaceutical treatments being discussed here and in media coverage.

That aside, sounds like concern for next epicenter may be shifting towards Detroit.
Old 9 April 2020, 00:08
Authorized Personnel

My employer is paying me to work from home and even gave me money to buy a new chair. While I'm washing my hands more these days, I always tend to take some precaution around flu season. Something seems off about all of this, and I'd wager a big part of it all relates 100% to it being an election year.

My conspiracy theories don't cause me to neglect the vulnerable. I'm being a good boy and staying home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Two great memes from today
Hey, look at that. We're in the same boat.

Our new posting rules