SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 September 2017, 19:56
Moving Target

I was hoping Cal would beat USC though Im not a fan of either , I just wanted to see a top team lose. I dont think USC will be there much longer though.
Old 23 September 2017, 20:13
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm always in favor of any team within the top 10 losing, but especially those teams in the top 4 or 5. And when a team drops out of those top spots and another takes their place, I want them to lose too.

Make the season more like a session of musical chairs in preparation for the "playoff".
Old 23 September 2017, 21:15
Confirmed User

I thought Vandy had a good enough defense to keep it close. I don't look forward to when the Vols head to Tuscaloosa
Old 23 September 2017, 22:08
Confirmed User

^^^^^
I thought so as well. I knew the Tide would Roll, but damn. I'm even more impressed the Tide after seeing the freshmen play.

RTR!

Georgia is beating the snot out of M. State, Kentucky will probably beat Florida for the first time in 30 years...good stuff.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Arkansas T&AM shootout...good stuff.

Last edited by bounceandburst; 23 September 2017 at 22:14. Reason: add to post
Old 23 September 2017, 23:06
Reverse Apache Master

#4 Penn State is on the ropes. Iowa is a fucking Top 5 killer.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 23 September 2017, 23:13
Reverse Apache Master

Wow. McSorley TD pass as time expires to win the game. Threaded the needle. Cold as ice.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 23 September 2017, 23:20
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Wow. McSorley TD pass as time expires to win the game. Threaded the needle. Cold as ice.
I am so disappointed, I was hoping Penn state would lose but Have to hand it to them for pulling it off.
Old 24 September 2017, 05:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I thought Vandy had a good enough defense to keep it close. I don't look forward to when the Vols head to Tuscaloosa
Lol. Vandys coach last week saying "youre next Alabama" should have known better. Their team sucks every year and starting off the season at 3-0 against a few nobody schools? Saban is one coach who will not overlook an opponent.
Old 24 September 2017, 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
He'd already had a few knocked down at the line of scrimmage, that last one was a gift from the football gods. Nice pass but nine times out of ten that pass gets tipped or picked off.

I expect Penn St will get knocked off eventually, another team that is good but probably overranked, like so many teams in the top ten.

FSU should now be called FSWHO?
Old 24 September 2017, 06:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Lol. Vandys coach last week saying "youre next Alabama" should have known better. Their team sucks every year and starting off the season at 3-0 against a few nobody schools? Saban is one coach who will not overlook an opponent.
That was a dumbass move by their coach.

Florida managed to pull another one out at the end. It looked like Kentucky might end their 30-year drought but that holding call was a killer.
Old 24 September 2017, 12:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
That was a dumbass move by their coach.

Florida managed to pull another one out at the end. It looked like Kentucky might end their 30-year drought but that holding call was a killer.
Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Those two plays where they left the WR uncovered at all led to their defeat (KY).

Go GATORS!!!!
Old 24 September 2017, 13:18

Quote:
It will be an beat down.....like usual.
Old 24 September 2017, 17:08
Been There Done That

Great motivation for Bama. Defense is already pissed from last year, wanting to make a statement this year !
Old 24 September 2017, 18:31

Sunday just isn't complete without a few of your GIFs agonyea.
Old 25 September 2017, 03:11
Been There Done That

Spinner's opinion's and lack of commitment on college football is comical because of his constant whining.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21765654_1651337934897218_2143178114347530924_o.jpg (28.7 KB, 124 views)
Old 25 September 2017, 08:07
RIP Cass and SOTB

Clemson didn't look very great during the first 3 quarters. Boston College is no slouch, but we should have pulled away a lot earlier. IMO the play calling was subpar and the QB tried to do too much and BC wasn't having it after a couple of good runs. However, we woke up and got the job done in the 4th.

UGA looked great! The defense played hard and flew around to the ball making plays. And the freshman QB Jake Fromm looked very good. He has great arm strength and touch and makes some really good throws.

Good weekend for football IMO!
Old 25 September 2017, 08:16
Been There Done That

I think Boston College gave Clemson some trouble either last year or the year before as well.
Old 25 September 2017, 09:41
RIP Cass and SOTB

Boston College is not a team to sleep on or not take serious. They usually play stout defense and have a good running game. Clemson learned the hard way this weekend that you can't look past anybody. After you win a NCG you have a target on your back, and everyone wants to knock you off. Clemson has to show up for every game and play 4 quarters regardless of the opponent.

VT will be a tough test on Saturday. Hopefully Clemson is up for the challenge. I also hope Georgia beats the brakes off TN.
Old 25 September 2017, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonyea View Post
Spinner's opinion's and lack of commitment on college football is comical because of his constant whining.
Actually, I rather enjoy watching college football, I just don't have a rooting interest for any particular school. As you well know, though, I do have a pretty intense anti-rooting interest in a few teams out there, mainly any team that occupies a top spot in any of the polls, which I always thought was a terrible way both to choose a national champion, and now determine a paltry playoff of only 4 teams.

Alabama just makes a convenient target, until they expand the final playoff system at the end of the season beyond a semi-final and championship game. Until then, every game that a top 10 team plays I want to see them lose, kind of a defacto playoff system in place of a real one.
Old 29 September 2017, 08:51
Confirmed User

Counting down to the rematch of the ACC championship here in Blacksburg tomorrow.
Hokies will have to show up starting on the first play and not second quarter like the first four games. Clemson will be ready to play and want to shut us down quick knowing that Lane is a tough place to play, especially on a night game.

GO HOKIES

Our new posting rules