SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 30 September 2017, 23:37
RIP Cass and SOTB

^ I agree and see it as highly probable with the only test for both teams being Auburn. I think it would be a great defensive matchup and will of course have national championship implications. Bama has more depth st the RB position and possibly the better defense.

But it would be a very good game to watch.

I project the winner of that game easily make it to the NCG hopefully with a matchup against Clemson. And for the record. If it is UGA vs Clemson in the NCG..... GO TIGERS!!!!!!
Old 30 September 2017, 23:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
A Georgia vs Alabama matchup in the sec championship could be a great game.

Iím also happy to see Fresno state making a little progress from last season.
Still too soon to think the Bulldogs are any better than they were last season. The Wolf Pack is horrible and beating them in Fresno is almost guaranteed.

I honestly thought we (NV) would be getting an upgrade in coaching when Polian was fired and Norvell was brought in as HC. Now I'm thinking Norvell could be the worse coach we've had in over 50 years.

Assuming we lose tonight, it will be the first time since 1964 we've started the season 0-5.

Basketball season can't get here fast enough for me.
Old 1 October 2017, 00:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
Still too soon to think the Bulldogs are any better than they were last season. The Wolf Pack is horrible and beating them in Fresno is almost guaranteed.

I honestly thought we (NV) would be getting an upgrade in coaching when Polian was fired and Norvell was brought in as HC. Now I'm thinking Norvell could be the worse coach we've had in over 50 years.

Assuming we lose tonight, it will be the first time since 1964 we've started the season 0-5.

Basketball season can't get here fast enough for me.
Not just basing that off of winjning tonight, but even the last couple weeks, even though they lost, the team looked much better against Alabama and Washington than they would have last season. They should do well in conference play this season.
Old 1 October 2017, 00:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Not just basing that off of winjning tonight, but even the last couple weeks, even though they lost, the team looked much better against Alabama and Washington than they would have last season. They should do well in conference play this season.
I hope they do. I'd especially like to see your Dogs get a win against SDSU.

I lived in Fresno in the late 80's. Fresno is my 2nd favorite team in the MWC.
Old 1 October 2017, 02:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA_11B View Post
^
I project the winner of that game easily make it to the NCG hopefully with a matchup against Clemson. And for the record. If it is UGA vs Clemson in the NCG..... GO TIGERS!!!!!!
For the record, as an 11B Georgia grad, I think you need to change your screen name.

Last edited by 34RX; 1 October 2017 at 02:27. Reason: Beer grammar
Old 1 October 2017, 11:42
RIP Cass and SOTB

I met my wife at UGA and I changed screennames a while back because of a poor OPSEC choice of name. I'll pass. I got love for Georgia and the state after having served in the 48IBCT.

I cheer for UGA every game. Except when they play Clemson. And honestly, if they were to beat Clemson I wouldn't care too much at all. It's been a while since they had a title and I believe they have a decent shot at it this year.
Old 2 October 2017, 09:29
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
A Georgia vs Alabama matchup in the sec championship could be a great game.
It was a good game a couple of years ago in ATL, When UGA played LSU for the SEC championship. GA dropped a 14 point lead going into the second half. We had seats literally right in front of Governors Deal and Jindal. Great game...bad loss.

Quote:
I met my wife at UGA and I changed screennames a while back because of a poor OPSEC choice of name. I'll pass. I got love for Georgia and the state after having served in the 48IBCT.

I cheer for UGA every game. Except when they play Clemson. And honestly, if they were to beat Clemson I wouldn't care too much at all. It's been a while since they had a title and I believe they have a decent shot at it this year.
I earned my MBA at UGA, hence my love of DAWGS. But my undergrad was at ERAU...their football team is still "undefeated".
Old 2 October 2017, 10:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
Georgia destroys TN. Bye bye Butch Jones. Georgia still looks very solid and should move up to #4 IMO. With Florida losing their starting QB for the season the biggest test remaining will be Auburn. I hope they continue to play Gromm and sit Eason.

Clemson dominated VT. The defense looks better than last year and that was one of the top 3 in CFB last year. The GT, FSU, and maybe NC State games will be the last remaining challenges. But shouldn't be challenging if Clemson plays how they did tonight and against Louisville. The QB needs to make improvements on the short throws and show a little better touch on the deep ball. He also needs to tuck the ball away better when running.

Great weekend for college football IMO.
NCSU may be a challenge. Fla State is nothing more than a speed bump this year.

I see Ala and Clemson continuing their annual grudge match in January....
Old 2 October 2017, 12:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
NCSU may be a challenge. Fla State is nothing more than a speed bump this year.

I see Ala and Clemson continuing their annual grudge match in January....
Hope youíre wrong about the Noles but I tend to agree with your analysis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 7 October 2017, 12:14
Authorized Personnel

With another impending storm coupled with piss poor performance, a lot of folks ars no-shows for this weekend against Miami. I believe a certain amount of lethargy has set in as far as expectations and enthusiasm for Seminole fans. Folks canít give away their tickets. Firmly believe itís Miamiís year to break their loosing streak but I still have a little sliver of hope. Will be curious how many show up today. Fingers crossed and go Noles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 7 October 2017, 14:27
Confirmed User

Huge game for both programs, for the exact opposite reasons. IMO this is the biggest game out of the last 10 in the series. Miami needs it more, but I'm sure the Noles don't want to loose this either.

Should be a great game. The []_[] !
Old 7 October 2017, 15:35
Confirmed User

#3 Falls

Iowa State pulled the big upset over Oklahoma.
Old 7 October 2017, 18:59
Moving Target

wow WVa got robbed!
Old 7 October 2017, 19:09
Been There Done That

Damn! Loss by missing an extra point! I think that FL was robbed of that interception...
Old 7 October 2017, 20:08
Confirmed User

Finally, The U broke the streak! Excellent game for both teams on defense. Hats of to the Noles for a good fight!

Thank you baby Jesus, the weekend is complete.
Old 7 October 2017, 21:23
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Iowa State pulled the big upset over Oklahoma.
Iowa State's QB is a pretty amazing story. He is the backup QB but had to start today. He's also the starting MLB and plays the up man on punts. He played every snap of offense and defense today as well as quite a few on special teams while leading his team to an improbably away victory over the #3 team in the country. That's quite a rare feat!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 7 October 2017, 21:49
Authorized Personnel

I was ok with FSU’s play... Nice win Miami.

Old 8 October 2017, 08:50
RIP Cass and SOTB

Georgia and Clemson both win, as expected. Go ahead and hand UGA the SEC title. Clemson should lock down the Atlantic in the ACC.

The FSU vs Miami game was the best of the day to me. I was cheering for Miami of course. That last second touchdown was crazy. I was expecting overtime honestly. FSU looked the best they have all year and Miami looked kind of the same.

I expect Georgia to move into the #3 or #4 spot. Florida should drop out of the top 25. And Miami should make the top 10.
Old 8 October 2017, 09:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Iowa State's QB is a pretty amazing story. He is the backup QB but had to start today. He's also the starting MLB and plays the up man on punts. He played every snap of offense and defense today as well as quite a few on special teams while leading his team to an improbably away victory over the #3 team in the country. That's quite a rare feat!
Thatís very impressive. From the highlights, he made some nice plays at QB
Old 8 October 2017, 11:13
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Georgia and Clemson both win, as expected. Go ahead and hand UGA the SEC title. Clemson should lock down the Atlantic in the ACC.

The FSU vs Miami game was the best of the day to me. I was cheering for Miami of course. That last second touchdown was crazy. I was expecting overtime honestly. FSU looked the best they have all year and Miami looked kind of the same.

I expect Georgia to move into the #3 or #4 spot. Florida should drop out of the top 25. And Miami should make the top 10.
As much as I can't stand Alabama and would love to see them fall, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon

Our new posting rules