SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 October 2017, 12:43
Did...did I do that?

I don't know what happened to Michigan yesterday. Maybe one play I could blame on the rain - that muffed catch on the last drive. But wow.

O'Korn looked good on occasion, but not as polished as he could be. That may just be him needing more reps under center. I wanted to say he had better judgment that Speight, but O'Korn got picked three times. They're saying Speight has 3 broken vertebrae though, so it looks like O'Korn is it for now.

The defense had occasional flashes of brilliance too, but not enough, and not often enough.

Harbaugh is now 1-4 in big rivalry games. He can't hold that pace and expect to keep his job.
Old 8 October 2017, 13:43
RIP Cass and SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
As much as I can't stand Alabama and would love to see them fall, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I meant to say SEC East. But, hey a SEC title would be just a nice!!!! I think it would be a great matchup. A much more entertaining title game than it has been in a while. UGA has the defense to make it an interesting game. If the offense limits the turnovers and forces Bama in to a few turnovers it will get really interesting. Texas A&M kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and the QB made some terrible decisions and very terrible times. Alabamaís defense clearly had him shaken from the get go. The biggest question for both UGA and Bama remains Auburn.
Old 8 October 2017, 14:07
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

#3 Oklahoma and #7 Michigan both get beat, always a good thing for any top ranked team to lose as the season progresses, shuffle the cards and move those musical chairs around a little bit. I'm also sensing a disturbance in the force, and predict Alabama and Clemson losses in the near future.

Of course both of those teams have fans that are feeling a little down today because of these losses, so I've pulled up a little music for your listening pleasure.

Enjoy.

https://www.sadtrombone.com/
Old 8 October 2017, 14:32
Life is simple, not easy.

Oklahoma and Michigan both losing isn't good for my Ohio State Buckeyes.

5 B1G teams are in the Top 25 Coaches Poll, with Penn State (3) Wisconsin (6) and Ohio State (8) all in the top 10. (They are 3-7-9 in the AP.)

I really like what it I'm seeing from Georgia, but to me the jury is out on Clemson and Washington.

I agree Spinner I think Clemson and Bama lose and drop.
Old 8 October 2017, 14:48
Reverse Apache Master

Auburn's only loss is by 8 points to Clemson, while Ohio State got handled pretty well by Oklahoma, a team that just lost to unranked Iowa State.

Neither team has beaten anyone of note, but yeah, Ohio State should totally be ranked ahead of Auburn.

Hell, even perennially over-ranked Notre Dame has a better loss than Ohio State (1 point loss to Georgia) and better wins too.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 8 October 2017, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
I agree Spinner I think Clemson and Bama lose and drop.
I'm not so sure. Teams are afraid of Alabama. They get tense and beat themselves. Dabo Swinney is a much better coach than I thought he was in their 1st national championship game with Alabama. That he was able to come back from that loss and win the next year was, to me, real confirmation that this is a big-time successful coach.

We will see how the games go, but there may not be better coaching in D1 football right now than Saban and Swinney.
Old 8 October 2017, 14:57
Another pool cleaner

Go NAVY!!
Old 8 October 2017, 15:24
Confirmed User

What?!

NObody is talking about Kentucky-the 5 and 1 Wildcats that barely got beat by Florida??

Yes, I know we are talking football. Iím shocked, too.
Old 8 October 2017, 16:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
NObody is talking about Kentucky-the 5 and 1 Wildcats that barely got beat by Florida??

To be accurate, Florida won because KY beat themselves. TWICE they left a receiver unnoticed and uncovered, leading to 14 points. Stop one of those plays and they win.

That aside, even at 5-1 it's too early to say if KY is for real this year.
Old 8 October 2017, 18:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
To be accurate, Florida won because KY beat themselves. TWICE they left a receiver unnoticed and uncovered, leading to 14 points. Stop one of those plays and they win.

That aside, even at 5-1 it's too early to say if KY is for real this year.
Donít rain on my parade, Top. Itís been awhile since the word winning has been associated with anything other than UK Basketball...
Old 8 October 2017, 18:05
Been There Done That

Quote:

Well, if the best thing you could think to mention about them is their loss to a now unranked team, then thatís exactly why their 5-1 isnít really drawing attention. They havenít won against anyone that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
As much as I can't stand Alabama and would love to see them fall, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Itís been a few years since Alabama hasnít been the only team holding the SEC together, not to mention the East. Statistically speaking, sure itís unlikely, but Im sure theyíll at least give them a run for their money.
Old 8 October 2017, 18:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Walk View Post

We will see how the games go, but there may not be better coaching in D1 football right now than Saban and Swinney.
Urban Meyer?
Old 8 October 2017, 19:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Donít rain on my parade, Top. Itís been awhile since the word winning has been associated with anything other than UK Basketball...
Believe me, I know. I gave up some primo season tickets when Brooks retired and they gave the job to Phillips.
Old 8 October 2017, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Urban Meyer?
Absolutely! I thought of mentioning him and don't know why I didn't. He is certainly one of the greats of this generation. Thanks for the add.
Old 8 October 2017, 22:04
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Urban Meyer?
X2

Urban Meyer holds an FBS record for winning % behind only Rockne and Leahy, and another coach Iím embarrassed I canít rmember.
Old 8 October 2017, 23:44
Supporterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
X2

Urban Meyer holds an FBS record for winning % behind only Rockne and Leahy, and another coach I’m embarrassed I can’t rmember.
I sure love the memories Urban Meyer created at Florida,but not the ending. Certainly a great coach.

As a footnote, I was recently informed that the common knowledge around Gainesville is he was doing a student and got caught. Nothing beyond hearsay as proof however.
Old 9 October 2017, 00:47
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
...predict Alabama and Clemson losses in the near future.
Sure could happen to Bama. Saban ripped the press last night, saying the hardest part of his job right now is trying to keep his players from reading the constant flow of media coverage about how great they are. It's gotten inside their heads, and it clearly showed against TAMU. He called it "poison," twice.

Bama should remain undefeated and earn the NC this year, but they have shown a weakness for praise. They can be beaten, and if it happens it will be by a team that came prepared to whip some primadona ass. That list is the entire second half of their schedule, and Saban knows it.

RTR!
ďThe Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.Ē ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre biū śghwśm Ģśt hē his frēond wrece, Ģonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn EcgĢēowes
Old 9 October 2017, 07:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Bama should remain undefeated and earn the NC this year, but they have shown a weakness for praise.
Trying to hold in check the egos of an entire team of 17-22 year olds that are constantly being told how great they are must be very difficult.
Old 9 October 2017, 08:08
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Trying to hold in check the egos of an entire team of 17-22 year olds that are constantly being told how great they are must be very difficult.
If only there were another organization that could be used as a patter, one that routinely deals with people of that same age and molds them into mutually supportive teams to overcome difficult obstacles ...

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 9 October 2017, 08:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA_11B View Post
I expect Georgia to move into the #3 or #4 spot. Florida should drop out of the top 25. And Miami should make the top 10.
As an old Florida hand, it's interesting to see the Gators out of the top 25, but USF & UCF both being in there.

Our new posting rules