SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 31 May 2018, 12:46
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
My NREMT-P is expired over 2 years, I got the certification during the 18D course. I just called National Registry, asked about the Mark King Initiative - the lady I talked to advised me that I needed a state to sponsor me, had to take a paramedic refresher and written / hands on test and do everything else someone who is expired over 2 years has to do.
Sounds like she hasn't heard of the Mark King Initiative. You should probably go DIRLAUTH with Mr. Miller.
Old 31 May 2018, 17:04
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Cayman, let me contact Jeremy directly to ensure a solid POC number or email. I've given him a head's up as well. As soon as he writes back, I'll update.

I'll tell you this- your situation is no different than mine, so there 'shouldn't' be any barricades for you.
Old 31 May 2018, 18:17
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFpj View Post
Cayman, let me contact Jeremy directly to ensure a solid POC number or email. I've given him a head's up as well. As soon as he writes back, I'll update.

I'll tell you this- your situation is no different than mine, so there 'shouldn't' be any barricades for you.
Thanks
Old 1 June 2018, 17:40
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Jeremy contacted me last night to say that he had left the NREMT a week ago. Jeremy's replacement stated that the best route to get this completed is through contacting: certification@nremt.org

Quote:
Thank you for writing. We appreciate you spreading the word. Application of the Mark King Initiative is very specific to the individual circumstances, and generally requires an individualized assessment and coordination with sponsoring agencies.
Regarding a point of contact, the best one to use would be certification@nremt.org. That would allow for a member of the team to evaluate the circumstances and refer as appropriate. While I can answer questions, I would not use my address as a point of contact for any Mark King Initiative questions - that would limit the response time.

Thanks,
Mark Terry

I don't like sending a blanket request to a blanket email address, but attempt this first, until you then can get in touch with someone specifically that will approve the re-cert.
Old 1 June 2018, 17:43
Unemployed Stunt Double

So...did the scope and standards for the MKI just get tighter? AFpj, methinks you may be the last to benefit from the MKI...
Old 1 June 2018, 19:02
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Gavin- the only discrepancy that I could possible see is if the USAF registered as the "State Provider" and the Army has yet to do it? I think the real answer is that possible, like all government administrations, this program is not well understood even amongst the NREMT reps. If the NREMT themselves state that it is individual and circumstance based, that means that it's also subjective. If you plead your case with documentation, this can work for you.
Old 1 June 2018, 19:11
Unemployed Stunt Double

USSOCOM become a "state" with NR.

The true issue for most lapsed former military folks is "sponsoring agencies." Can't get a sponsoring agency because you aren't current, can't get current without a sponsoring agency.

Seems like Mr. Miller's departure is oddly timed with a sudden interest in MKI, though.
Old 2 June 2018, 20:58
Confirmed User

I called NREMT after reading this post on Thursday, the lady who answered the phone had no idea what I was asking about. I was given an email and told to email him with my questions. I have but he is out of the office until Monday the 4th. I will keep everyone concerned in the loop if I get any more information on this subject. I will share the email via DM if anyone wants it as well.

Our new posting rules