SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 2 April 2012, 04:33
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Tapped

Pretty cool little (about an hour) movie about some of the lesser known things about bottled water.

Pretty neat, I always thought the idea of buying water was stupid, but I didn't realize how far some of the money goes.

Obviously, some of the information is presented with some bias, but it's worth a watch. Available on Netflix for instant stream.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 2 April 2012, 09:05
Confirmed User

I'll have to check this out. I get into debates about water with my Girlfriend when she's doing her hippie thing about cleanliness and recycling...

It's rare that Netflix puts new stuff on lately too. So I'm glad I'll be using it for SOMETHING.
Old 2 April 2012, 09:11
Firearm Industry Vagabond

They've put up some decent docs lately. Throw on Hell And Back Again for a pretty decent mil doc. Those guys were to our south and were some good dudes.

And that's where my vendetta against bottled water began, summer of 09...

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 2 April 2012, 13:17
Confirmed User

Tapped isn't bad but you would be further ahead just watching the 30 minute episode of Penn & Tellers Bullshit-bottled water, you can find it on youtube, it's the same information as tapped but with out all the fear mongering....Hell and Back Again was really good, Sgt Harris was part of my first boot drop and one of the first Marines that i was put in charge of.

Our new posting rules