SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 24 April 2012, 18:54
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

The Finest Hour

It's on This-TV tonight, so I'm going to check it out. Should be good for a couple of laughs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101879/

Rob Lowe as a SEAL named...wait for it...HAMMER. Not his nickname, his actual last name.

I thought Lowe as hockey player in Youngblood was a stretch, but this one might have it beat.
Old 24 April 2012, 21:53
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
It's on This-TV tonight, so I'm going to check it out. Should be good for a couple of laughs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101879/

Rob Lowe as a SEAL named...wait for it...HAMMER. Not his nickname, his actual last name.

I thought Lowe as hockey player in Youngblood was a stretch, but this one might have it beat.
It is bad, very very bad- and I only see some few minute of it. I am lured in by title of movie, it is late, and I am supposing it is film about Battle of Britain.

I instantly know it is fiction. 2 USN Officer who are attending BUD/S training, and the one is hopeless in love with the girl of the other. As to imply that the 1 has 1 girl, and the other has no girl and has secret broken heart for 1 girl. Contrasting with reality, where each would have 4 or 5 girl- mostly bar-tending girl, bar-waitress girl, college girl, stripping girl, nurse, etc.

I wait for few minute in vain, to see 'heart-broken' SEAL Officer dry his tears on the thong of some random stripping girl of his, and this does not happen. Out of respect for reality, I change channel at this point.

Regards,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 24 April 2012, 22:01
Migratory Coconut

Johan, best post of the night. Thank you for that. LMAO!

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Old 24 April 2012, 22:01
Been There Done That

All lies and distortions. Off-duty SEALs spend their free time in one of three places: the gym, the library or in church. Everyone knows this, Johan!
Old 24 April 2012, 23:36
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident86 View Post
or in church
Indeed. In the Supreme Chapel of the Hot Bi-Curious Lesbian Hedonist Sisters of the Nightly Resurrection. I tried to go to this Church with some SEAL, but I could not remove bra and panty from girl with my teeth alone (this part- easy) and then tie them into 1 of 46 demolition-use knot underwater in crocodile infested pool on 1 breath after smoking Russian cigarettes. It is for the better, as explained earlier- I could just manage survival of 1 night of week-night drinking with chance company of some SEAL. If I were allowed to attend their 'church', I would be buried there. Within a Pentagram.

Regards,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 25 April 2012, 07:42
ChairborneStranger
Visitor

Saw it years ago and still haven't found strong enough mental floss to wipe the memory of the movie from my brain. The best scene, IMHO, is when the instructor makes Lowe's character and the other trainee who he's fighting over the girl with stand facing each other on a cliff overlooking the ocean and trade pimp-slaps until they're able to get over their issues with the girl and see each other as teammates and equals. I'm not certain, but I think Joe Cocker started belting out "Love Lifts Us Up" at that point.
Old 25 April 2012, 07:55
Confirmed User

This thread absolutely cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

And thanks for warning me about the movie- now I won't waste my time trying to see it!

Our new posting rules