SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews

Old 5 September 2019, 22:20

Thumbs down Letters to Aaron

So I just came across this book and found the authors claim to incredible to believe. Here is an excerpt from the author:

"Recruited at sixteen years of age by the CIA and trained in Iceland and Germany with the Tenth Special Forces Group, Hal Luebbert did missions in East Germany, Hungary, and “Finland” (i.e., the Soviet Union) before being sent to Cuba with orders to kill Fidel Castro. Disillusioned by the obvious propagandist fabrications of his superiors once having reached the island nation, Hal rejected his orders, returning on his own to the U.S., and writing a warning letter to Castro. The rest, it is said, is history. Stymied finally in its efforts to punish the renegade, the U.S. played its “Ace in the Hole” the Internal Revenue Service."

Obviously he is a fake, but has anyone heard of this clown or know anything about him? Thank you.
Old 5 September 2019, 23:53

Just realised I never put the Author's name in here. Its Hal Luebbert.
Old 6 September 2019, 06:43
Swimming Upstream

https://judoknighterrant.typepad.com/about.html

A regular paranoid Walter Mitty
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

- I'm not typing this looking for sympathy, I want you guys to listen to your body and if you see or feel something out of the ordinary going on, get it looked at by a competent Doctor. -OldCrustyBastard
Old 6 September 2019, 23:19
Confronting the Reckoning

Sounds like an interesting work of fiction.
Old 7 September 2019, 03:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizdumb View Post
So I just came across this book and found the authors claim to incredible to believe. Here is an excerpt from the author:

"Recruited at sixteen years of age by the CIA and trained in Iceland and Germany with the Tenth Special Forces Group, Hal Luebbert did missions in East Germany, Hungary, and “Finland” (i.e., the Soviet Union) before being sent to Cuba with orders to kill Fidel Castro. Disillusioned by the obvious propagandist fabrications of his superiors once having reached the island nation, Hal rejected his orders, returning on his own to the U.S., and writing a warning letter to Castro. The rest, it is said, is history. Stymied finally in its efforts to punish the renegade, the U.S. played its “Ace in the Hole” the Internal Revenue Service."

Obviously he is a fake, but has anyone heard of this clown or know anything about him? Thank you.
I’ve met a few Finnish folks.

The ones I met would probably kick his teeth in for that rubbish.

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.

Our new posting rules