SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 19 April 2016, 20:38

Career with KBR

Hey Brothers,
I have been trying for some time to get on with KBR. I have applied for many positions, all of which I am very qualified for. I have never received so much as an email response to any of my submissions.
Anyone have any info on getting a job with KBR? This method is not working well.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff Severson
Old 19 April 2016, 21:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornenurse View Post
Hey Brothers,
I have been trying for some time to get on with KBR. I have applied for many positions, all of which I am very qualified for. I have never received so much as an email response to any of my submissions.
Anyone have any info on getting a job with KBR? This method is not working well.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff Severson
Personally and I don't meant to deter you, but I have nothing but issues and contempt for KBR employees and the company in general. I'm sure some solid folks have worked there but that company can fuck off.
Old 19 April 2016, 21:51
Confirmed User

At the end of the KBR application form there is section where you put in the name of the person of who referred you to KBR. It appears this is the important section of the entire application form. The moral of the story is if you do not know anyone who works for KBR, then you are probably out of luck. I have submitted multiple applications with KBR and of course I have never received a response. The list of qualified people who have never received a response from KBR is probably very long.
Old 19 April 2016, 22:47
NKDA

Seems like the simple solution is to put Richard Cheney in the referral box
Old 21 April 2016, 15:16
Confirmed User

If you are looking for an overseas job, have you tried CHS? I don't hold them in that high regard but they are probably a stepup from KBR.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 21 April 2016, 15:24
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I agree with the comments above -- it appears that getting a job with KBR is based more on who you know, than what you know -- unless a major conflict breaks out and then they are scurrying to throw bodies at the thing.

In short, review your acquaintances and see if you aren't (or could be) networked in somehow....
Old 21 April 2016, 15:39
Confirmed User

International SOS is another company to consider. I'm not a big fan of them but it will get your foot in the door. I think I've seen them posting for jobs recently also.
Old 21 April 2016, 16:00
NKDA

Jong brings up a good point. CHS Middle East actually has a bigger war zone footprint regarding clinic/med than KBR does these days. Another to think about it TMH Medical, for which there is a recruiter who is a member here.
Old 28 April 2016, 17:15

I am thinking you are correct. I do not know anyone within the company and it seems my resume is just getting put into a pile. I am hoping I can make a connection on Linkein or something.
Thanks
Old 28 April 2016, 17:22

Thanks. I will keep trying to make a connection somehow. It seems to be the only way in.
Old 28 April 2016, 20:36

CHS

I checked CHS, unfortunately most of their positions are for physicians. I will keep checking, thanks for the tip.
Old 29 April 2016, 21:00
I really don't care

All the above. Not to mention sitting in Houston for weeks at a time going through all their shit WITHOUT PAY.
Old 30 April 2016, 10:45
Authorized Personnel

It has been years since I rolled with DynCorp Intl, so have no idea if this is still the case - but they use to have PA's and Nurses at various compounds in AFG - and got paid very well.

Good luck
Old 30 April 2016, 11:00
Confirmed User

Ramzmedic,

I agree with Xdeth on this one except one thing he left out. The only good thing KBR ever did was hire Christmas Abbott and well BW took care of that.

My advice and let me point out that I am a never been there never done that guy but I have read the crap out of this forum for years.

I think you should explore the interweb for other opportunites. Just on this forum SallyPortGlobalTeam just posted positions, DynCorp has a air contracts right up your alley. Any company who has WPS will put medics at the top of their list. XPG Recuiter posted on here and they have a project that being a FF is a bonus but I would PM him to find out if its still a requirement for that program. Those are just a few off the top of my head Well there is my wooden pennys worth of information for you, good luck.
Old 30 April 2016, 11:04
I really don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodiebot View Post
Ramzmedic,
Did you mean airbornenurse?
Old 30 April 2016, 12:33
Confirmed User

Sorry about that, I was I did mean airbornenurse.
Old 1 October 2016, 13:56
justauser

Word on the street is that KBR along with TC beat out Vectrus on the rebid for KBOSSS. Word is also that GWU (medical provider) who was a sub for Vectrus will be out too.

I'm going to do some digging, but anyone feel free to drop a line of you hear who will be providing medical for KBOSSS. I hear the FD guys will likely get offers and since TC already has the contract I'm sure some of you know more about it than I do.
Old 1 October 2016, 16:17
Confirmed User

Contracts : New Contracts
KBR-Triple Canopy LLC Awarded $117.8m For Kuwait Base Operations & Security Support Services
KBR-Triple Canopy LLC, Houston, Texas, was awarded a $117,842,334 fixed-price incentive contract for base operations and security support services supporting the Area Support Group Kuwait.
Thursday, September 29, 2016

Confirmed.
Old 3 October 2016, 01:46
On the Extract Bird

You can try PAE as well. If they are still around. Id forget about a career with KBR if I were you. I did get a laugh though because you used Career and Kbr together.
Old 5 October 2016, 16:51
justauser

I used this thread as a means to render/seek info on KBOSSS 2.0...
In retrospect I should have posted it in a KBOSSS thread. Although, KBR will be the prime on the contract, so there's that.

I apologize if it detracts from the OPs intent of the thread.

Our new posting rules