SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 16 April 2019, 17:00
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Unemployed Stunt Double
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Intermediate Area
Posts: 7,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
It matters to you, not me. Aside from my libertarian leanings on sexual preference (their business, not mine)...I don't care if we have a homosexual in the White House as long as they preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. We've gotten pretty far from that in recent memory.

If sexual preference matters more than competency for the job in your estimation, that's your prerogative as a voter and I respect that prerogative. I'm going to care about what he might do in the office rather than in the bedroom when deciding my vote.
Concur.

All I care about is the Bill of Rights (as well as the rest of the document). I don't like people telling me what to do, how to spend my time, or what I should think or believe. I am going to vote for whichever candidate is most in line with my POV. I don't care if that candidate is gay, straight, LGBTQWERTY, or self-identifies as a fence post.
__________________
Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 16 April 2019, 17:01
WGH0922 WGH0922 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
All right America - are you ready to feel the burn on this seasons 'Presidential Campaign Season' - Uncle Bernie is back and he is fired up this year...
-It's time for America's Vote on Presidential Campaign Season 2020 !!!

Our Judges have taken the candidates all the way from announcing their run - across the United States of America through the talk show circuit and the ever popular "TV Debate" is coming soon - then its on to the Primaries.

Now it's time for you, America, to help your favorites make it even farther in the campaign by casting your votes. Each week, you can submit up to ten (10) votes for each remaining contestant

You can vote online at NEWPRESIDENT.com/vote, in the NEWPRESIDENT app or via text*. You have to be at least 16 years old and located in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, (or Northern Mexico, or pretty much anywhere else that has a democrat watching over ballot box) to vote on NEWPRESIDENT.com or in the NEWPRESIDENT app

For text message voting, simply dial 123-FUCKED and text the number of the contestant you would like to vote for.

Text voting is open to all Wireless Carriers. Message & data rates may apply.
You're killing me man. I'm in f'ing tears reading and re-reading this. The only thing funnier than this post is going to be watching the 19 (current count) clowns on the short bus trying to out commie each other. It's gonna be glorious.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 16 April 2019, 19:01
Chesie Chesie is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 307
If I cared about the sexual activities of the gay Mayor, then I should have the same righteous indignation for our current POTUS’s sexual activities. Both have a dubious moral history, from my Christian perspective.

But i don’t judge my leaders based on how they act in private. I judge them based on their ability to, well, be a leader. Obama was, by all accounts, a good family man, but I agreed with almost none of his decisions as POTUS. I think President Trump is a hot mess, with respect to the way he acts sometimes, but I admire his ability to get shit done, and his ability to toe the constitutional line as much as is possible. And that’s why he got my vote. I believe that he is trying to make America better.

If the mayor in South Bend were a Constitution-adhering, fiscally-conservative candidate, I would consider voting for him. No matter where he parks his hot dog at night. And I think many Americans (outhereinflyovercountry) feel the same way. The average American is far more tolerant of sexual indiscretion than it was even 20 years ago.

V/R,
Danny
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 16 April 2019, 19:21
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
Find a way out
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesie View Post
If I cared about the sexual activities of the gay Mayor, then I should have the same righteous indignation for our current POTUS’s sexual activities. Both have a dubious moral history, from my Christian perspective.

But i don’t judge my leaders based on how they act in private. I judge them based on their ability to, well, be a leader. Obama was, by all accounts, a good family man, but I agreed with almost none of his decisions as POTUS. I think President Trump is a hot mess, with respect to the way he acts sometimes, but I admire his ability to get shit done, and his ability to toe the constitutional line as much as is possible. And that’s why he got my vote. I believe that he is trying to make America better.

If the mayor in South Bend were a Constitution-adhering, fiscally-conservative candidate, I would consider voting for him. No matter where he parks his hot dog at night. And I think many Americans (outhereinflyovercountry) feel the same way. The average American is far more tolerant of sexual indiscretion than it was even 20 years ago.

V/R,
Danny

I agree.

Like I said in my previous post, he's so far the least terrible of the candidates. (Yang isn't terrible, but not great).

I really think it's probably to his boon that he's gay. People like to vote for the first of things.

First Gay President.
First African American President.
First succubus spawn of the ninth circle of hell. Oh wait, Hillary's not running...
__________________
The battle is won when the average American regards a corporate journalist as they regard a tobacco executive.


-Michael Malice
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 16 April 2019, 19:33
CTA's Avatar
CTA CTA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: FL
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
And again, that is part of the problem where now one's lifestyles or beingvtrsnsgebderd is looked at as an inherhited trait such as race. And objecting to anyone's sexual lifestyle is viewed upon the same as being racist or being a member of a white supremacist organization. Combine that with a society that wants more free stuff, security with comprimising on liberties and you have a the New America coming.
Actually, there is some genetic evidence coming out pointing to homosexuality. Read a few papers recently. Studies with twins... etc. Do the Google and it’s out there. For others it might be a choice, but for some it’s just genetics. IMHO

My nephew is gay. We knew from the time he was about six (if not much earlier) that was how he’d turn out. My Bro and SIL as well as the rest of the family love him to death regardless. Of course... he’s a 17yr old thespian now. Cliche but true.

When he hit puberty, he asked my Bro about it and he flat out said he’d know. You’re either going to be attracted to guys or girls. You have to know and trust your gut, and if you’re getting a chubby and daydreaming about another boy... that’s a good indicator.

As my brother said... he wanted a boy and girl but got two girls. We all give him a ton of shit with much love. “Lighten up Nancy.” “Stop prancing around like a Kansas City faggot (Blazing Saddles).” His sister / my niece and my daughter bust on him the hardest - all grew up together.

Our philosophy... we will always love you but we are going to bust on you hard; however, whatever you experience in public will pale in comparison to the ribbing we give you and you’ll have thick skin to boot. Plus, we taught him how to fight.

Great kid. And... IMHO... some just come out of the womb that way.

Ymmv....

P.S. Alexander the Great... etc. There have been a few leaders and maybe even a few Presidents who were gay but weren’t open about it. If you’re a pro 2nd Amend, conservative, Vet gay dude... versus a leftist. You’ll get my vote.

P.P.S. Hate Box’s post above, but I’m hoping (not a strategy) that the silent majority come out and re-elect the POTUS and offset the major voter fraud - ballot harvesting... etc., to come.
__________________
NSA/CSS National Cryptologic Memorial - They Served In Silence
http://m.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic-h...ial-list.shtml

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

Last edited by CTA; 16 April 2019 at 19:40. Reason: Clarity
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 16 April 2019, 22:01
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
The reality. Morality, ones actions, does matter with our leaders. Especially our President. The President is not just some city planner or project manager or a CFO of a corporation. He is the figure head of our nation. He is our primary diplomat. He is a role model for our youth. At least he is suppose to be those things. So yes, not just his governance, his policies that matter but also how he conducts himself.

Morality and Character do matter, that is what marks a man. A person's sexual behavior is a mark of one's character. A person choses what type of activities to take part in, what lifestyle to live, what type of relationships to have. Now did Trump have indescretions or say some unsavory things in the past? Yes. I have also. But what is one doing today? If Trump was bringing porn stars into the Oval Office, banging interns unapologetically, habitually cheating on The First Lady I would lose all support for him as well. When we as a nation no longer have a standard, an ideal, we have lost. When complacent sets in.

Money, the economy is not everything. Don't sell out your values. Don't be a nation that turns a blind eye as long as there are Bread and Circuses. With lack of morality, thus then all the vices are amplified that lead to all are other rights, liberties and freedoms slowly being taken away. Morally weak men, become weak men, lacking of honor and thus lead other men down the same path.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2555.jpg (22.4 KB, 225 views)
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 16 April 2019, 22:22
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Unemployed Stunt Double
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Intermediate Area
Posts: 7,773
Morality and character aren't tied to sexual preference. My values don't conflate them, and never have.
__________________
Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 16 April 2019, 22:31
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 7,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Actually, there is some genetic evidence coming out pointing to homosexuality. Read a few papers recently. Studies with twins... etc. Do the Google and it’s out there. For others it might be a choice, but for some it’s just genetics. IMHO

My nephew is gay. We knew from the time he was about six (if not much earlier) that was how he’d turn out. My Bro and SIL as well as the rest of the family love him to death regardless. Of course... he’s a 17yr old thespian now. Cliche but true.
Yea. I got one too. We ALL knew, probably before 6 y/o he was very feminine and most likely gay. As a youngster I treated him the same. The older he got the worse he got. Personally, I cant stand the little prick now. Not because hes gay...because hes an asshole who thinks he knows everything.

I had a gay boss. As long as he signed my check..IDGAF.

I have a buddy who has a gay dog. Seriously. He's a cool dog. He just likes fucking other dogs in the ass.

I just cant see myself voting for a gay President.

The elections are a long way off still. But it's going to be in the news for a long time.

I dont see anything changing in 2020 except some cabinet positions.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 16 April 2019, 22:47
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
Hard to Kill
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Getting off the lawn.
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
Both him and Andrew Yang.
If you listen to his interview with Ben Shapiro, he is the one that I think has more of a chance, although the left has no issue smearing an Asian, unless of course he is a victim.
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 17 April 2019, 02:55
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Morality and character aren't tied to sexual preference. My values don't conflate them, and never have.
Though How one behaves sexually, how they act out sexually, what sexual acts one participates in is most definitely tied into one's morality and character. A man who is cheating on his wife, having sex with another man, involved in the porn industry, having sex with children, etc. is all a reflection of a man's character and morals.

Why most all religions and cultures understand this and put contraints on what is acceptable, and frown upon those that stray outside the norms of traditional.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 17 April 2019, 03:00
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
If you listen to his interview with Ben Shapiro, he is the one that I think has more of a chance, although the left has no issue smearing an Asian, unless of course he is a victim.
He is an interesting concept, and will be interesting to see how far he goes since he is a political outsider. He seems to be more focused on outcome based ideology than just pure leftist ideology.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 17 April 2019, 06:48
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
Hard to Kill
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Getting off the lawn.
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
He is an interesting concept, and will be interesting to see how far he goes since he is a political outsider. He seems to be more focused on outcome based ideology than just pure leftist ideology.
I think his Achilles Heel is his thought that people will act like grown ups instead of "Leftists"
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 17 April 2019, 07:26
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I think his Achilles Heel is his thought that people will act like grown ups instead of "Leftists"
Same thing most Cambodians thought when the Khmer Rouge rolled into Phnom Penh in 1975. Everyone waving flags and cheering them on. The Khmer Rouge proclaiming they would be just. Never, never ever, trust the left.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 17 April 2019, 07:30
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
If you listen to his interview with Ben Shapiro, he is the one that I think has more of a chance, although the left has no issue smearing an Asian, unless of course he is a victim.
I watched that interview and concur...I actually liked the guy, but Yang is alone in that leftist shark tank, so he's still mongrel bait for the time being. The real blood letting will start hitting the Dems around fall of this year, they're just dabbling for now. I foresee epic tweets from the Trumpster during this period, and the nicknames he will provide unto the MAGA masses shall be genius...

...or at least I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:03
Guy's Avatar
Guy Guy is offline
"We're all bad in someone's story...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: CONUS @ the moment
Posts: 13,398
Smile Yang is on it already....LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
I watched that interview and concur...I actually liked the guy, but Yang is alone in that leftist shark tank, so he's still mongrel bait for the time being. The real blood letting will start hitting the Dems around fall of this year, they're just dabbling for now. I foresee epic tweets from the Trumpster during this period, and the nicknames he will provide unto the MAGA masses shall be genius...

...or at least I hope.
“My team and I have been joking about what Donald Trump’s nickname for me will be,” Yang said with a smile. “We have come up with ’Comrade Yang.’”
__________________
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
2019 Trump wins < YOU ARE HERE
2020 Trump wins & Democrats go wild!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:14
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,755
I think it is all just wonderful.


Look at this vast field of competitors democrat AND republican lining up to challenge the reality-TV/real estate mogul POTUS.



america is in great shape.
__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:18
TennesseeDave's Avatar
TennesseeDave TennesseeDave is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
The reality. Morality, ones actions, does matter with our leaders. Especially our President. The President is not just some city planner or project manager or a CFO of a corporation. He is the figure head of our nation. He is our primary diplomat. He is a role model for our youth. At least he is suppose to be those things. So yes, not just his governance, his policies that matter but also how he conducts himself.

Morality and Character do matter, that is what marks a man. A person's sexual behavior is a mark of one's character. A person choses what type of activities to take part in, what lifestyle to live, what type of relationships to have. Now did Trump have indescretions or say some unsavory things in the past? Yes. I have also. But what is one doing today? If Trump was bringing porn stars into the Oval Office, banging interns unapologetically, habitually cheating on The First Lady I would lose all support for him as well. When we as a nation no longer have a standard, an ideal, we have lost. When complacent sets in.

Money, the economy is not everything. Don't sell out your values. Don't be a nation that turns a blind eye as long as there are Bread and Circuses. With lack of morality, thus then all the vices are amplified that lead to all are other rights, liberties and freedoms slowly being taken away. Morally weak men, become weak men, lacking of honor and thus lead other men down the same path.
I think the morals in this country have shifted drastically and there's no going back. To Generation Z (1997-2012 Pew) LGBTQ is the norm and they don't even remember when gay marriage was not legal. This is no big deal to them and it won't be to the next generation (A) either. Would I hesitate to vote for a homosexual? Absolutely, but I'm from an older generation like you. Fortunately, I disagree with his politics so that's not a dilemma I have to face this time around.

On a side note, I just saw a report that projects Hispanics to be a larger voting block than blacks next year.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:47
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I think the morals in this country have shifted drastically and there's no going back. To Generation Z (1997-2012 Pew) LGBTQ is the norm and they don't even remember when gay marriage was not legal. This is no big deal to them and it won't be to the next generation (A) either. Would I hesitate to vote for a homosexual? Absolutely, but I'm from an older generation like you. Fortunately, I disagree with his politics so that's not a dilemma I have to face this time around.

On a side note, I just saw a report that projects Hispanics to be a larger voting block than blacks next year.
Maybe in pop culture or on the left and right coasts, but I have a lot of young relatives and meet a lot of college students in my area, and many in their late teens and early 20s that are also very conservative and religous - much more than me. Just depends a lot on their family and what community they are involved in. Private Christian schools and the homeschool environment is huge in my area. I feel like a liberal atheist around much of them! Just the other day one of my nieces was getting on my case how I never go to church much anymore and how I am getting too liberal.

Some of the most staunchest anti-abortion and pro traditional family people I know of in my areas are in their early 20s. To my observations of the late teens/20s crowd it seems a 50/50 divide. No more middle ground. Half going to the far right, almost, and half going far left.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 17 April 2019, 08:55
litepath's Avatar
litepath litepath is offline
I reckon so. . .
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ga.
Posts: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Though How one behaves sexually, how they act out sexually, what sexual acts one participates in is most definitely tied into one's morality and character. A man who is cheating on his wife, having sex with another man, involved in the porn industry, having sex with children, etc. is all a reflection of a man's character and morals.

Why most all religions and cultures understand this and put contraints on what is acceptable, and frown upon those that stray outside the norms of traditional.
You're right on the morality issue and sex.

IMO the difference is, that it's YOUR morality and not the Mayor's. That may seem like an easy call saying he's immoral by his proclivity. If so, it's also an easy call saying you're projecting your morals onto him.

I kinda look at morals this way. What I find moral or not in myself is mine alone. What my community thinks is moral is a way they expect me to behave within their group. Obviously the last varies from community to community across this great nation (dry counties in KY?).

If he were conservative and we liked his message, would we really want to cast him aside? Perhaps more importantly how many good gay Constitution defending Americans would I alienate by doing so?

I personally don't think I have room to cast potential friends aside.
__________________
"I don't underrate the value of military knowledge, but if men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."
–Ulysses S. Grant
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 17 April 2019, 09:10
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
You're right on the morality issue and sex.

IMO the difference is, that it's YOUR morality and not the Mayor's. That may seem like an easy call saying he's immoral by his proclivity. If so, it's also an easy call saying you're projecting your morals onto him.

I kinda look at morals this way. What I find moral or not in myself is mine alone. What my community thinks is moral is a way they expect me to behave within their group. Obviously the last varies from community to community across this great nation (dry counties in KY?).

If he were conservative and we liked his message, would we really want to cast him aside? Perhaps more importantly how many good gay Constitution defending Americans would I alienate by doing so?

I personally don't think I have room to cast potential friends aside.

I hear what you are saying. Then well though that then see is what gets into of course of who's beliefs are right? Where as if there are no absolutes, no standard - then you have no standard at all and anything goes. For a society to function properly, there needs to be set standards. This is what keeps people in check, creates strong families, strong communities. Having social constricts on certain behaviours.

We fall into the trap of "your ok, I'm ok" progressive relativism where there ultimately is no right or wrong. We also have to be careful with who we make allies with, in terms of "the enemy of my enemy" is my friend, as sometimes that can come back and bite us in the ass as history has shown. Sometimes overlooking ideals, to compromise, does not end well in the long run.

Does this mean we outlaw gays and thrown them in jail? No. Do what you want in private. But when you start promoting it in public, having pride parades, teaching acceptance in elementary schools, forcing others to accept (and trying to ruin their business, livelihood if they don't), legally redefine the tradition of marriage and force all to facilitate, forcing the military to accommodate, or want to represent our nation/be our leader as you flaunt the homosexual lifestyle - that is where the objections are.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018