SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 18 November 2019, 12:56
BTDT

Lets all just throw our support behind a "real" republican...

Like a Mitt Romney or another Bush.
Maybe we could even get Susan Collins to run for president - any one of them would do so much more to protect our rights from the liberals.
...amiright?

Well - no thanks.
The only thing I can think of that is WORSE than a Limousine Liberal is one of those new fangled "Moderate" Republicans
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 18 November 2019 at 13:18.
Old 18 November 2019, 16:12
Confirmed User

as for what president Trump has accomplished. Two supreme court judges and possibly a third if he gets a second term. 162 judges in total since he has been elected. some to the ninth court of appeals to start reversing that unbalanced court. There is around 100 other vacancies he is working to appoint.
That right there is a very good start. Think where we would be if hillery was elected. RBG would have retired and she would have 3 very left judges appointed.
Old 18 November 2019, 16:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet65 View Post
as for what president Trump has accomplished. Two supreme court judges and possibly a third if he gets a second term. 162 judges in total since he has been elected. some to the ninth court of appeals to start reversing that unbalanced court. There is around 100 other vacancies he is working to appoint.
That right there is a very good start. Think where we would be if hillery was elected. RBG would have retired and she would have 3 very left judges appointed.
Good point about the judges. CA wouldn't have temporarily lifted their mag ban earlier this year if not for having more conservatives on the 9th.
Old 18 November 2019, 17:28
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
Good point about the judges. CA wouldn't have temporarily lifted their mag ban earlier this year if not for having more conservatives on the 9th.
Indeed, in that single move, Trump essentially granted all aware California firearms owners standard and high capacity magazines.
Old 18 November 2019, 18:52
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The only thing I can think of that is WORSE than a Limousine Liberal is one of those new fangled "Moderate" Republicans
I do find it strange that self-proclaimed "centralists" seem more right wing than some Republican politicians.

Hmmm....maybe "strange" is the wrong word....frustrating?
Old 19 November 2019, 02:43
killjoy

When the average person hears the words "mass shooting", they think of the nightmare situation where a stranger starts shooting at random people for no apparent reason. Something that is very hard to prevent, foresee, or avoid.

But the efforts to water down that definition are clear. The goal is to bump the numbers so they push gun control at the expense of making America sound like a war zone, as well as the expense of having the public at large(and children) be more paranoid than they need to be.

Scenario: Woman cheats on guy. Guy finds woman with other man. Shoots woman and other man, then shoots himself. BAM. "Mass shooting" label is attached so they can later report that "We've had 5,293 mass shootings this year. Ban everything to save the children."

No. We've had 2 mass shootings and 5,291 domestic situations where if someone kept their pecker in their pants and the other kept their legs closed there would have been no shooting.
Old 19 November 2019, 08:18
Clorox bearer for SOTB

I say the solution is clear then. Turn in your guns boys, and keep your firearms.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 19 November 2019, 08:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Things that make you say, Hmmmmm....

The National Parks carry was a HUGE win. You have to give Pres. Obama credit for that.

Now President Trump where is my 50 state reciprocity you promised in your election platform?
Carrying in parks is great, BUT, you cant go into the park ranger welcome centers etc.. Its a federal bldg. Here in SC, I went to a park in Huger SC, and up in Columbia area. Both had signs for no entry with Concealed Carry.
Maybe its just my state that did it?
Old 19 November 2019, 08:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Carrying in parks is great, BUT, you cant go into the park ranger welcome centers etc.. Its a federal bldg. Here in SC, I went to a park in Huger SC, and up in Columbia area. Both had signs for no entry with Concealed Carry.
Maybe its just my state that did it?
I believe they are all that way. Every park I've been to across the country had the same signs.

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.
Old 19 November 2019, 08:36
Been There Done That

So just lock your gun in car, check in or buy your souvenirs, then go carry your gun while you sight see or hike. Not that big of deal. Am thankful I can carry while hiking in NPs.
Old 19 November 2019, 08:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
So just lock your gun in car, check in or buy your souvenirs, then go carry your gun while you sight see or hike. Not that big of deal. Am thankful I can carry while hiking in NPs.
True . Not a big deal.
Just caught me off guard and had to walk back to car and put it away the first time...
Old 19 November 2019, 08:49
Been There Done That

No different than anytime I go to the post office, county courthouse, or VA hospital.
Old 19 November 2019, 11:03
Freelancer

Quote:
No different than anytime I go to the post office, county courthouse, or VA hospital.
Oops! Didn't know that.
Old 19 November 2019, 12:30
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I believe they are all that way. Every park I've been to across the country had the same signs.
Yep. Even ones that have no business placing those signs do so as well. For instance, in GA. A State Park building that is publicly accessible.
I figure most times they're talking to someone else, LOL, cause I dress appropriately each day.

If in doubt GA residents and visitors can reference this page->https://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/#Places_Off_Limits
Old 19 November 2019, 12:31
Confirmed User

Quote:
Here, at least, the court facilities are required by law to have lockboxes to secure your weapon before you enter.
Old 20 November 2019, 08:14
Authorized Personnel

Here are the bills the VA legislature will take up in 2020.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL&fbclid=IwAR0mIxbFDOh4s7rC0CMvZkS8vf5A2NdbQ7F9PZ1DL ct6Ibn_nhzkVMnZXfM

"SB 16 Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; penalties" is likely of interest.

The summary says:

Quote:
Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; penalties. Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 1 misdemeanor to import, sell, barter, or transfer any firearm magazine designed to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
-Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane

"Life is forced upon the living without their prior consultation." -Me

"I know it upsets you, but the purpose of the game is to perpetuate the game." -Me
Old 20 November 2019, 08:45
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post
Here are the bills the VA legislature will take up in 2020.

-Stan
Unbelievable. For a guaranteed right. Can I dress up like the KKK or in Black Face, at work too?

Miller, Heller, McDonald - they are going to get sued like crazy.

This is going to get people killed - on both sides. I wouldn't enforce shit, if I was an LEO.
Old 20 November 2019, 08:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Unbelievable. For a guaranteed right. Can I dress up like the KKK or in Black Face, at work too?

Miller, Heller, McDonald - they are going to get sued like crazy.

This is going to get people killed - on both sides. I wouldn't enforce shit, if I was an LEO.
There is still a lot of process that has to play out before this is a law.

There is even more process that has to play out before it is enforced.

While I *want* to freak out emotionally I *need* to let the process play out.

Looking longer term, I think an anti-2A victory for Democrats in VA will likely ensure a Trump victory in 2020.

-Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane

"Life is forced upon the living without their prior consultation." -Me

"I know it upsets you, but the purpose of the game is to perpetuate the game." -Me
Old 20 November 2019, 11:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post

Agreed. This will play well in Arlington, Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William counties, and maybe in and around Richmond and VA Beach. Outside of those localities, this could get very ugly, very fast. I've already seen news articles of the rural counties in VA saying that they are 2A Sanctuary counties and they will refuse to enforce it.

If I was a cop in VA I would be looking for a new job right now.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 20 November 2019, 11:25
Shakin' the bush Boss

The county next to me (Carroll), declared itself a gun sanctuary a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea how legal or if this is anything other than making a statement, but a lot of this shit NOVA and Richmond are going to start shoving down our throats isn't going to play well out here.

Our new posting rules