SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 20 November 2018, 16:45
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Agreed. The only one I have seen bolder was when Lakis showed up at the the Force Recon event wearing 3 times more medals than the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
Sorry for the intrusion here, but that has got to be some kind of mental illness.
Old 20 November 2018, 17:51
Been There Done That

And people wonder why the newer generations aren’t joining the RRA, VFWs, AFL, etc... all full of posers and no one knows exactly what they do.
Old 20 November 2018, 18:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Somewhere here is a link to all of the Ranger School Class Photos. I don't remember flags.
Yessir. This is where I downloaded mine.

http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry...y/RTBList.html
Old 20 November 2018, 19:05
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
And people wonder why the newer generations aren’t joining the RRA, VFWs, AFL, etc... all full of posers and no one knows exactly what they do.
Yup.
Old 20 November 2018, 20:16
Been There Done That

Hang him from the Tree of Woe.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 20 November 2018, 23:28
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
How much ya wanna bet he is not a Doctor (MD, OD, or PHd) either?
THD according to him. . .

Maddox Art and Photography
@maddox3343
Artist.Pastor/Founder One World Ministries, Master's in Comparative Religion, Master's in Psychology, ThD.

ETA;

Back to my lane

Last edited by litepath; 20 November 2018 at 23:30. Reason: ETA
Old 20 November 2018, 23:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Color me stoopid...but what the fuck is a unit director and their function? Forgive my ignorance in advance...
There is a RRA newsletter published by the 75th RRA- the unit directors gather all the info and write updates on what is going on in their respective AORs. Lots of stuff from the Ranger Companies from Vietnam. Active Battalion stuff is pretty much CoC, and the latest KIAs - valor award ceremonies, etc.
Old 21 November 2018, 02:22
Confirmed User

I’m reminded of that guy Tim Treadwell who recorded himself hanging out with Kodiak/Brown bears to become famous.

He became super famous bear poop.

Don’t pretend to be an apex predator around apex predators, that’s called lunch.

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 21 November 2018, 07:03
Administrator

So this dude is an openly gay "Priest" who claimed he was the 3/75 CSM in 1999 and used a Mog photo of one of the more famous dudes in Delta and the Regiment claiming it was him, claimed three combat jump stars, and nobody in the association thought to question it? Fucking hell.

He predictably deleted all of his social media accounts except Twitter.

Yeah, don't think I will be joining the RRA. Two days now and not a peep from the RRA leadership. This is embarrassing.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 21 November 2018, 07:14
Been There Done That

Many of the orgs are just poser infused and over the years we've gotten better insight into why the leadership doesn't do much about them - at least a few of those leaders are posers themselves.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 21 November 2018, 08:44
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Supposedly he is a Preacher of some stripe, if that makes a difference.
Your post and Litepath's pointed me to information that he claims a religious degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (with the MA degrees from St. Joseph's and the University of Mississippi). His Twitter description claims the ThD.

NOBTS does not offer the ThD. degree. There are presently only eight institutions in the United States that do. No one named Maddox has a research Master's Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation of any kind from NOBTS.
Old 21 November 2018, 10:19
Been There Done That

Whatever happened, it must have happened recently? This morning I dug out the last issue of "Patrolling" I received, Vol 30, Issue III dated Summer of 2018. In that issue it reads that the Unit Director for 3d Batt is "vacant".

Membership in RRA is supposed to be based upon "proof of service". It will be interesting to see what "proof of service" he used to gain membership. Potentially, and depending on the documents he used, we may even see evidence of a crime.
Old 21 November 2018, 10:38
Been There Done That

I was the Secretary and 2nd VP of the RRA a few years back. I had to provide documentation to show when and where. But as we know those are easily doctored these days.

The unit director position is important if that individual can provide any decent poop on what the boys are up to. It's pretty much, "hey, I'll do it".

When I volunteered and was elected, there was a movement to bring the organization more online with the modern day Regiment. "Batt Boy's" were supposed to take over and run with it.

Well, that was not the most welcome idea across the organization. Many of us are lifetime members, but I pulled pitch and basically just read Patrolling when it comes in. Not active any more.

Quite the black eye here.
Old 21 November 2018, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Whatever happened, it must have happened recently? This morning I dug out the last issue of "Patrolling" I received, Vol 30, Issue III dated Summer of 2018. In that issue it reads that the Unit Director for 3d Batt is "vacant".
Winter 2018 edition still shows 3/75 slot as vacant...
Old 21 November 2018, 17:12

The 240 Angela St address comes back to
"One World Ministries".

Charity Navigator has no name match for
"One World Ministries", in Louisiana.

The website is heavy on feel-good and low
on specifics; extended mission statement is
written in first person, but no attribution of
who wrote it, is given; there's no person named
anywhere on page at all. Particular emphasis placed
on "outreach" to LGBTQ youth, beyond other youth
populations, in need of a safe haven.

Has Paypal link for donations, no mention of tax
status or tax ID number.

Hours given: 9 to 5 weekdays, "closed Saturday
and Sunday"...

https://oneworldministries.net/
Old 21 November 2018, 21:57
Been There Done That

Pres, 75th RRA’s reply on Facebook:

NOTICE OF RESIGNATION FROM 3RD BN UNIT DIRECTOR

After the announcement of the new 3rd Bn Unit Director was made and we started looking more closely into the documentation provided and comments from the membership regarding his assignment to 3rd Bn and RHQ. We started to ask some specific questions to Mr. Maddox. He has submitted his resignation as the Unit Director and also from the 75th Ranger Regiment Association.

The officers are now reviewing our by-laws regarding the policy of validating criteria for membership and how we best can tighten this up so this doesn't happen again.

As the president I am overall responsible to ensure those who join the association are vetted properly. I am currently working with the officers to ensure we have a more positive way of vetting those for membership. However, there are those who may circumvent the system and that is where the membership has a say. If you know of someone who credentials are in question please let the officers know.

Thanks to the members for bringing his validity to the surface and also for a more in-depth review of his documentation.
We will make sure the procedures for membership are reviewed and corrections made as needed. However, this will be a by-laws change that needs to be approved by the membership at the General Membership meeting in July 2019

Rangers Lead the Way
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 22 November 2018, 05:52
BTDT

Anyone want to see some cool photos I took with an iPhone 7, of a burning C-130 in the Iranian Desert? I was the guy that 'HALO'd out the door.
Old 22 November 2018, 12:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Anyone want to see some cool photos I took with an iPhone 7, of a burning C-130 in the Iranian Desert? I was the guy that 'HALO'd out the door.
Only if itís also a selfie.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 25 November 2018, 17:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post

Roger that CSM Purdy.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 26 November 2018, 10:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Roger that CSM Purdy.
Hahahahaha

"Sarn't Major, what were you going to do if the bird HAD been in the air? You weren't wearing a parachute!"

CSM Purdy: "Well the bird was on fire, so, one problem at a time."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loved that guy.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top

Our new posting rules